2. Top Facts About SpecticleBroad-spectrum ControlSpecticle controls a variety of annual grassy weeds, including bluegrass, Poaannua, goosgrass and crabgrass. It also offers pre-emergent control of morethan 60 broadleaf weeds including eclipta, oxalis, dandelion, plantain, doveweed,bittercress, clover, lespedeza, spurge, annual sedges and kyllingas.
3. Top Facts About SpecticleEnduring ControlYou can trust Specticle to provide long-term weed control–even in difficultconditions–for three to eight months, depending on the rate used.
4. Top Facts About SpecticleApplicator FriendlyUnlike other pre-emergent herbicides, Specticle will not stain or leave any odorbehind after application. In addition, Specticle may be combined with many post-emergent herbicides to control existing weeds.
5. Top Facts About SpecticleEnvironmental AdvantageWith Specticle, you achieve more while applying less. Specticles use rates areup to 40 times less than current standards, and it still provides longer residualcontrol.
6. Chemical Structure For safety assessments and first aid measures, please visit the resources page to download the Technical Bulletin.
7. Mode of Action Application Specticle is mixed and loaded into the sprayer, then applied to the turf.
8. Mode of Action Activation Specticle treated area can be activated by rainfall or irrigation. After activation, Specticle is distributed into the soil.
9. Mode of Action Weed Germination Weed seed begins to germinate and roots absorb Specticle. Cellulose biosynthesis is inhibited and seedling growth stops. Unable to develop roots and grow, the weed seedling dies.
10. Resistance ManagementThere have been no documented cases of Specticle resistance to date.Field tests have also shown that Specticle can control ALS, triazine,dinitroaniline, and glyphosate-resistant weed species with no signs ofcross-resistance.There are no known cases of resistance in monocotyledon grasses anddicotyledonous weeds where herbicides containing CBI compounds were used.Key examples of resistance documented in turfgrass include:Poa annua: resistant to dinitroaniline, prodiamine, pendimethalin, oryzalin, andtriazine (atrazine and simazine) herbicides and dithiopyr.Goosgrass: resistant to dinitroanilines and dithiopyr.
11. Weed Control Regional Map Specticles unique formulation controls a broad spectrum of annual grasses and broadleaf weeds. Just how broad is that spectrum? Take a look.
12. Weed ControlList of locations from pre-order form to serve as foundationfor approved locales:AlabamaArizonaArkansasColoradoConnecticutDelawareFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMassachusettsMarylandMaineMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNorth CarolinaNorthDakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaPuerto RicoRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouthDakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming
13. Weed Control Broadleaf Weeds
14. Weed Control Broadleaf Weeds (Cont.)
15. Weed Control Broadleaf Weeds (Cont.)
16. Weed Control Broadleaf Weeds (Cont.)
17. Weed Control Grasses
18. Weed Control Sedges
19. Tolerant Turf GrassesTrust Specticle to deliver optimal results on the following turf grasses:
20. Sensitive Turf TypesDo not use Specticle on the following turf types or on turf that is a mixture ofthese grasses, unless thinning or removal is desired:
21. Landscape Uses Specticle also provides long lasting weed control as a directed spray in bare ground or mulched areas around labeled ornamental plants and grasses.
22. Landscape Uses
23. Landscape Uses
24. Hardscapes Specticle provides residual control of weeds in hardscapes, including cart paths, patios, walkways, parking lots and gravel areas. Specticle can be used alone or in a combination with a nonselective herbicide, such as glyphosate or Finale, for total weed control.
25. TestimonialsKevin BaldwinGolf Course SuperintendentStoney Brook Golf Club at Heritage HarbourBradenton, Fla. "I tried treating for Poa annua with a number of products before using Specticle herbicide, and the best coverage I could achieve was 85 percent. With Specticle, I had 100 percent control for the entire winter season with only one application–October through April." "Specticle herbicides eight-month control is unparalleled."
26. TestimonialsTom AlexDirector of Golf Course ManagementGrand Cyprus Golf ClubOrlando, Fla. "Specticle gives me season-long control where you never see the weeds emerge. It works so well; its an apply it and forget it type of product. We dont have to worry about the weed pressure, and its wonderful. I was able to maintain 100 percent control with two applications–one in the winter and another in the spring. After each application, we didnt see any discoloration or stunting of growth, only that we were weed-free."
27. TestimonialsTom AlexDirector of Golf Course ManagementGrand Cyprus Golf ClubOrlando, Fla. "In the past year, my control on weeds has been absolutely phenomenal. Specticle produced better results than any product I used before. I can get 365 days-worth of control when applying Specticle in the winter and spring. Specticle is changing the game for pre-emergent herbicides with its rates and length of control. Ive been able to control 100 percent of my problems with Specticle."
28. TestimonialsDarren DavenportGolf Course SuperintendentForest Hills Golf ClubAugusta, Ga. "For 11 years, I have been trying to control the Poa on our course by applying every product you can imagine with no effect. Last September, I applied Specticle herbicide to one of the most affected areas on the course–a wide-open, wet fairway. After that one application of Specticle, I had 95 percent weed (or poa) control that continued through the spring. The other areas of my course, which were treated with different products, started showing signs of Poa coming through in January. By incorporating Specticle as the basis of my herbicide program, Im now looking at having the best control Ive ever had while cutting my post-emergent product costs by 25 percent."
29. Formulation Specticle is formulated as a 20% wettable powder. Packaging will be available in two easy-to-use, premeasured sizes. Product Characteristics: Beige powder packaged in a PVA (water-soluble packet) •Very low odor •Low risk of worker exposure •Will not stain or leave visible residues behind(8 x 0.625 oz.)Bottle–6 Bottles/Case1-2 acres treatedxper bottle6-12 acres Pouches/Case3.5-7 acres per pouch14-28 acres per case (7 2.5 oz.)Pouch–4 treated per case Bottle–6 Bottles/Case1-2 acres treated per bottle6-12 acres treated per case Pouch–4 Pouches/Case3.5-7 acres per pouch14-28 acres per case
30. SummarySpecticle provides turf managers a new tool to manage their budgets witha better-planned herbicide application schedule.Weed control spectrum and length of residual will reduce overall post-emergentherbicide applications.Specticle delivers the lowest amount of active ingredient of any pre-emergentherbicide currently used in turf.Because Specticle carries a caution label, you can trust that you will have areduced risk to your applicators, golfers and homeowners.Labor and fuel savings are apparent as a result of a reduced number ofapplications.New mode of action provides turf managers with a new tool to help manageweed resistance.