2. Executive SummeryCompany AnalysisCustomer AnalysisCompetitor AnalysisSWOT AnalysisPEST AnalysisMarket SegmentationSelected marketing Strategy (4Ps)Short and Long term projectionConclusion
3. Cadbury India is a food product company withinterests in Chocolate Confectionery, Milk FoodDrinks, Snacks, and Candy. Cadbury is the marketleader in Chocolate Confectionery business with amarket share of over 70%. Some of the key brandsof Cadbury are Cadbury Dairy Milk, 5 Star, Perk,Eclairs, Celebrations, Temptations, and Gems. InMilk Food drinks segment, Cadburys main product- Bournvita is the leading Malted Food Drink in thecountry.
4. Sell three kinds of confectionery: chocolate,gum and candyoperates in over 60 countries.35,000 direct and indirect suppliers.187 years old.45,000 people are employed.
5. The Company Parent Company: Cadbury plc Indian Subsidiary: Cadbury India Ltd (CIL) Cadbury is the Worlds No 1 confectionery company and is 200 years young...The Mission Mission – “Cadbury in every pocket”
6. Important factors for Customer (Value drivers)
7. Customer‟s Decision making Process
8. 1. Cadbury - Cadbury, 5 Star, Bytes (chocolatesnack), Celebration, Dairy Milk, Gems, Perk2. Nestle - Bar One, Kit Kat, Milky bar, Munch,Nestle3. Amul - Amul (Chocozoo, Chocomines)4. Dairy Milk is the market leader5. 5 Star (heritage brand which came to India in1969) has a market share of over 14%
9. StrengthReputed internationally as the topmost chocolateprovider in the world.The brand is well known to people & they can easilyidentify it from others.Cadbury the world leaders in chocolate, is a well-known force in marketing and distribution.Users have a positive perception about the qualitiesof the brand.Cadbury has well adjusted itself to Indian custom.
10. WeaknessesThere is lack of penetration in the rural marketwhere people tend to dismiss it as a high endproduct. It is mainly found in urban and semi-urbanareas.It has been relatively high priced brand, which isturning the price conscious customer away.People avoid having their chocolate thinking aboutthe egg ingredients.
11. Opportunities The chocolate market has seen one of the greatest increases in the recent times (almost @ 30%) There is a lot of potential for growth and a huge population who do not eat chocolates even today that can be converted as new users.
12. Threats There exists no brand loyalty in the chocolate market and consumers frequently shift their brands. New brands are coming and existing brands are introducing new variants to add up to an already overcrowded market.
13. PoliticalPolitical decisions can affect Cadbury‟s, these canbe either advantages or disadvantages, if taxesincrease, therefore consumers decrease and salesof stock decrease. However if taxes decrease thelikelihood is consumers will buy more.The Government is very concerned about obesity.Heart problems are costing the NHS more each year
14. EconomicalIf the minimum wage was brought down, thiswould mean more money for Cadbury‟s but wouldalso result in low sales from the consumers.The interest rates can have an affect onCadbury‟s. If the interest rates were high thenCadbury would not want to borrow as much moneyfor expansion.
15. SocialTrend in snacking – increase in people eating onthe „go‟ (Vending machines)Local residents with small businesses nearCadbury‟s World would benefit from the money thatis being brought in by visitors.More people are health conscious – will readingredient content.
16. TechnologicalBetter equipmentCost of machineryNew machineryMaintenance
17. DemographicAge Group – (3 years to 18 years) (18 years to 25 years) (25+ years)Behavioral Occasions- Diwali, Rakhsha Bandhan etc.Psychographic Cadbury become a part of lifestyle.
19. PriceDiscount-Discount offers in festive Sessions.Price is an important element of the marketingmix. The price charged for a chocolate bar candetermine whether a consumer will buy it and thelevel of sales achieved can determine whether ornot Cadbury Schweppes will make a profit
20. PlaceCadbury dairy milk is produced at the chocolatefactory –Manufacturing facilities at:1) Thane, 2) Induri (Pune), 3) Malanpur (Gwalior),4) Bangalore 5) Baddi (Himachal Pradesh)
21. PromotionAdvertisement on TV.Internet.Newspapers, Magazines.HoardingPromotion Through Brand Ambassadors.
22. Cadbury should bring out new products for healthconscious people.It should continue to promote itself as substitute tomithai.Should use Indian ads and avoid global ads in India.New flavors should introduce like strawberry,orange, vanilla etc.
23. There is an immense scope for chocolate industryin India. Understanding consumer preferences anddemands is the key to growth.Pricing, quality , flavors and pack size are some ofthe important factors.Brand loyalty should be maintained.