1. SHOULD YOU GO GLUTEN FREE?EX PERT S A R E C A L L I N G I T T H E LO W - C A R B D I ET OF THE DECADE.
2. WHAT IS GLUTEN?• “Gluten is the protein „glue‟ that gives wheat, barley, and rye flours their stretchy texture when kneaded into dough.”• Gluten can be found in wheat, barley, rye, triticale which is a cross between wheat and rye, soups, broths, and sauces like ketchup, salad dressings or marinades.• Gluten can also be found in coffees, dairy products, vinegars and liquors.
3. WHAT GLUTEN DOES…• For people who have gluten sensitivities, it makes them feeling tired, achy and bloated.
4. WHO SHOULD GO GLUTEN FREE?People with celiac disease should go glutenfree. It will improve your overall feeling, andmake you feel a lot healthier.
5. RELATED SYNDROMES AND CANCERS…“Many people with celiac disease would get the labelof irritable bowel syndrome,” said Dr. Peter Green,director of Columbia University‟s Celiac DiseaseCenter in New York.“But in addition to those symptoms, there‟s anincreased mortality, which is related to [intestinal]cancer.”
6. WHAT CAN YOU EAT?People who go gluten free can eat fruits, vegetables,meat, and products made with gluten substitutions.
7. WHAT DO PEOPLE USE IT FOR?People use a gluten free diet to loose weight, howeveronly people with genuine sensitivities should go on it.For people without the sensitivities, gluten is notunhealthy in your diet, because gluten has beenaround since the dawn of agriculture.
8. WORK CITED• http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2012/04/10/sho uld-you-go-gluten-free/