• Dynamic blogs
• Social networks
• Communities of
interest or practice
• All of the above
• RSS feeds and twitter
reach internet readers
• Interactive communities
with feedback and
What we do
1. Embrace open standards
2. Make it simple
3. Design for cooperation
4. Learn from users
5. Lower the barrier to experimentation
6. Make it a culture of measurement
7. Open the doors to partners
– Tim O’Reilly on Web 2.0
How we link
Interactive Web 3.0
Dynamic Web 2.0 Static Web 1.0
... to market
Where we intersect
• Workflows (most of all location-based)
• Augment rather than replace processes
• Technology subsumed to the process
• “Geospatial operations under the hood”
• New business model to get users wanted data
Where we link
• Internal intelligence – info, asset teams...
• Joint intelligence – proposals, joint ventures...
• Public data – agencies, public RFI/RFPs...
• Exchanged data – vendors, data rooms...
• Communities of interest – local, global...