1. MAH A L AKSH MI TE MPL E Akshata Hase Tanvi Guajrathi Azizur Khan Swapnil kanse Nikhil Mehta
2. IN TRODUCTION Mahalakshmi Temple is one of the most famous temples of Mumbai situated on bhulabai desai road. The temple enshrines three dieties namely Lakshmi, Kali and Saraswati. The principal diety is goddess lakshmi and hence the name Mahalakshmi temple.
3. IN TRODUCTION The temple is particularly dedicated to Mahalakshmi, who is the Goddess of wealth as per the Hindu mythology. The main doorway of the temple is richly ornamented, leading to the temple complex. It is Dedicated to Goddess Lakshmi
4. H ISTORY Built around 1785, the history of this temple is supposedly connected with the building of the Hornby Vellard. The engineers were not in a position to connect the Mahalakshmi area with Worli by making Breach Candy, due to the reason of vicious tides. The condition was that the engineers dropped the plan. One day, Mahalakshmi appeared in the dream of Chief Engineer and asked him to make her shrine at the current place. Accordingly, the temple was constructed around 1785, which ultimately lead to the construction of the Breach Candy.
5. IN SIDE TE MPL E The Temple contains images of Goddess Mahalakshmi, Mahakali and Mahasaraswathi. All three images are adorned with nose rings, gold bangles and pearl necklaces. The image of Mahalakshmi is shown riding a tiger and a demon (Mahishasur) in a tandem. Beyond the ornate gate is the shrine wherein resides the buxom goddess of Lucre -- Laxmi. The compound of this temple is abuzz with stalls selling flower garlands and pious paraphernalia.
6. N AVRATRI FE STIVAL During Navaratri celebrations, the temple gets special looks. Devotees from distant places throng to temple to pay their obeisance. They stand for hours in long queues holding coconuts, flowers and sweets which they offer to the goddess.
7. PH OTO GAL L E RY EntrancE of maha lakshmi tEmplE stalls outsidE thE tEmplE
8. PH OTO GAL L E RY
9. PH OTO GAL L E RY cEntral courtyard intErnal viEw of tEmplE
10. PH OTO GAL L E RY
11. PH OTO GAL L E RY The dome ceiling is painted with the signs of the zodiac.
12. PH OTO GAL L E RY Way to trustees office Three black idols are protected behind a metal screen .