Proud sponsors of Moms By Ayushi GuptaSubmitted in fulfillment of the project for the Marketing Management B.B.A. – 3rd Semester Given by Ms. Amrita Singh
Introduction• Procter & Gamble (P&G) is an American multinational consumer goods company headquartered in Cincinnati, USA. Its products include foods, beverages, cleaning agents and personal care products.• P&G is one of the largest and amongst the fastest growing consumer goods companies in India and all over the world. Established in 1964, P&G India now serves over 650 million consumers across India. Established Year 1837 Product Available Area Over 80 countries Brands About 300 brands Employee Numbers About 127,00 employees Board chairman Robert A. McDonald CEO Robert A. McDonald Global Technical Centers 28 Billion US dollar Brands 24
• Revenue Rs. 4602.12 billion (US$ 82.55 billion)• Operating income Rs. 881.4 billion (US$ 15.81 billion)• Net income Rs. 657.2 billion(US$ 11.79 billion)• Total assets Rs. 7713.5 billion (US$ 138.35 billion)• Total equity Rs. 3791 billion (US$ 68.00 billion)• Employees 129,000• Sales Rs. 4605 billion ($82.6 billion).
HISTORY William Procter, a candlemaker, and James Gamble, a soapmaker, emigrated from England and Ireland respectively. They settled in Cincinnati initially and met when they married sisters, Olivia and Elizabeth Norris. Alexander Norris, their father-in-law, called a meeting in which he persuaded his new sons-in-law to become business partners. On October 31, 1837, as a result of the suggestion, Procter & Gamble was born. In 1858–1859, sales reached $1 million. By this point, approximately 80 employees worked for Procter & Gamble. During the American Civil War, the company won contracts to supply the Union Army with soap and candles. War goes successfully, the military contracts introduced soldiers to P&G’s Products. The company began to build factories in other locations in the United States because the demand for products had outgrown the capacity of the Cincinnati facilities. The companys leaders began to diversify its products as well and, in 1911, began producing Crisco, a shortening made of vegetable oils rather than animal fats.
HISTORY Procter & Gamble acquired a number of other companies that diversified its product line and significantly increased profits. These acquisitions included Folgers Coffee, Richardson-Vicks, Shultons Old Spice, and the Iams Company. In 1996, Procter & Gamble Co. developed a new product, Olestra. It is a lower- calorie substitute for fat in cooking potato chips . In the same year, Procter & Gamble joined the China Youth Development Foundation to support Project Hope. In January 2005 P&G announced an acquisition of Gillette, forming the largest consumer goods company and placing Unilever into second place. This added brands such as Gillette razors, Duracell, Braun, and Oral-B to their stable. Procter and Gamble is a tier one sponsor of the Londons Olympic Games 2012 and sponsors 150 Athletes.
• Beauty segment• Grooming segment• Health Care segment• Snacks & Pet Care segment• Fabric Care & Home Care segment• Baby Care & Family Home Care segment• Procter & Gamble produced and sponsored the first radio soap operas in the 1930s (Procter & Gambles being known for detergents—soaps—was probably the genesis of the term "soap opera"). When the medium switched to television in the 1950s and 1960s. The serial The Young and the Restless is currently broadcast on CBS and is still partially sponsored by Procter & Gamble. These past serials were produced by Procter & Gamble:• Another World• As the World Turns• The Brighter Day• The Catlins• The Edge of Night• The First Hundred Years
1. Ambi Pur- is a brand of bottled fragrance used in car & homes2. Aerial is a brand of laundry detergent/liquid available in numerous forms and scents.3. Duracell- is a brand of batteries and flashlights.4. Crest/Oral-B is a brand of toothpaste and teeth-whitening products.5. Dolce & Gabbana is an Italian fashion house.6. Gillette is a brand of safety razor and male grooming products.7. Head & Shoulders is a brand of anti-dandruff shampoo and conditioners.8. Herbal Essence is a brand of shampoo and conditioners.9. Luvs is a brand of baby diapers.10. Olay is a brand of womens skin care products.
11. Old Spice is a brand of mens grooming products.12. Oral-B is a brand of toothbrush, and oral care products.13. Pampers is a brand of disposable diaper and other baby care products.14. Pantene is a brand of hair care products (conditioners/styling aids).15. Puffs is a brand of facial tissues16. Rejoice is a brand of hair care products (conditioners/styling aids).17. Tide is a brand of laundry detergent.18. Whisper is a brand of Sanitary pads.19. Vicks is an over the counter medication.20. Wella is a brand name of hair care products (shampoo, conditioner, styling, hair color).
• Our Foundation Taken together, our Purpose, Values and Principles are the foundation for P&G’s unique culture. Throughout our history of over 170 years, our business has grown and changed while these elements have endured, and will continue to be passed down to generations of P&G people to come.Our Purpose unifies us in a common cause and growth strategy of improving more consumers’ lives in small but meaningful ways each day.O u r Va l u e s Integrity• We always try to do the right thing.• We are honest and straightforward with each other.• We operate within the letter and spirit of the law.• We are data-based and intellectually honest in advocating proposals, including, recognizing risks.
Leadership We are all leaders in our area of responsibility, with a deep commitment to delivering leadership results. We have a clear vision of where we are going. We focus our resources to achieve leadership objectives and strategies. We develop the capability to deliver our strategies and eliminate organizational barriers.
Our PurposeWe Are Strategically Focused in Our Work We operate against clearly articulated and aligned objectives and strategies. We only do work and only ask for work that adds value to the business. We simplify, standardize and streamline our current work whenever possible.
Our Purpose Market Strategy: To Improve the Lives by Touching them EverydayInnovation Is the Cornerstone of Our Success :. We place great value on big, new consumer innovations.. We challenge convention and reinvent the way we do business tobetter win in the marketplace.
Environmental SustainabilityAs part of our strategy to grow responsibly, we will work towardsa long-term environmental sustainability vision that includes:a) Powering our plants with 100% renewable energyb) Using 100% renewable or recycled materials for all productsand packagingc) Having zero consumer and manufacturing waste go to landfillsd) Designing products that delight consumers while maximizingour conservation of resources
• P&G’s flagship Corporate Social Responsibility Program Shiksha is an integral part of our global program - Live, Learn & Thrive. Now in its 8th year, Shiksha has till date helped 280,000 underprivileged children access their right to education. The program has built & supported over 140 schools across India, in partnership with NGOs like Round Table India (RTI), Save the Children (STC), Army Wives Welfare Association (AWWA) and Navy Wives Welfare Association (NWWA), amongst others.• Shiksha began with P&G India’s research which revealed “education” consumers are most concerned about and are looking for a simple way to contribute to. Shiksha was launched in 2005 so that consumers contribute towards the cause of education of under-privileged children through simple brand choices.• Since its inception, Shiksha has made a donation of over Rs. 22 crores towards helping children on the path to better education. This is a result of the support from our consumers who participated in the Shiksha movement by buying P&G brands for one quarter of the year, thus enabling P&G to contribute a part of the sales towards the cause.
Current update• Procter & Gamble and District Collector launch health & hygiene programs at Satlapur High School, MandideepMandideep, February 3, 2012: Procter & Gamble today introduced two news programs to improve the health and hygiene of the students at Shashkiya High School in Satalapur Vilalge Mandideep - a school adopted by thecompany’s plant in Mandidep over 10 years ago under the aegis of its national CSR Program Shiksha.This was made possible with the active support of Honourable District Collector, Shri.Mohanlal Meena, who was there as a Chief Guest to inaugurate Mid Day Meal Programme and launch P&G’s national Parivartan Program at the school.The Mid Day Meal program, was further strengthened with necessary supplements by P&G and with Shri Mohanlal Meena’s support.
Recognition• Fortune: Consistent #1 ranking within industry on “Most Admired” list for 26 of 27 total years and for 14 years in a row.• Barron’s: Ranked #10 on the “World’s Most Respected Companies List”• Diversity Inc: Ranked #25 among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity. Ranked #9 on the Top Companies for Recruitment and Retention. . Readers Digest: Silver Award for Corporate Social Responsibility Programs. Business Today: Business Today has rated P&G amongst the most preferred companies by management students across India