View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
• The history of the Playstation begins in 1988 when Sony andNintendo were working together to develop the Super Disc. The Super Disc was going to be a CD-ROM attachment that was intended to be part of Nintendos soon to be released Super Nintendo game. However, Sony and Nintendo parted ways business-wise and the Super Disc was never introduced or used by Nintendo. In 1991, Sony used a modified version of the Super Disk as part of their new game console - the Sony Playstation. Research and development for the PlayStation had began in 1990, headed by Sony engineer, Ken Kutaragi.
• Only two hundred models of the first Playstation (that could play Super Nintendo game cartridges) were manufactured by Sony. The original Playstation was designed as a multi- media and multi-purpose entertainment unit. Besides being able to play Super Nintendo games, the Playstation could play audio CDs and could read CDs with computer and video information as well. In 1994, the new PlayStation X (PSX) was released that was no longer compatable with Nintendo game cartridges and only played CD- ROM based games. A smart move that soon made Playstations the best selling game console.
• The PlayStation brand is a series of video game consoles created and developed by Sony Computer Entertainment. Spanning the fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth g enerations of video gaming, the brand was first introduced on December 3 , 1994 in Japan. The brand consists of a total of three home consoles, a media center, an online service, a line of controllers, two handhelds and a phone, as well as multiple magazines.
The first console in the series, the PlayStation, wasthe first video game console to ship 100 millionunits after 9 years and 6 months of its initiallaunch. Its successor, the PlayStation 2, is the best-selling console to date, having reached over 150million units sold as of January 31, 2011. Sonyslatest console, the PlayStation 3, has sold over 63.9million consoles worldwide as of March 31, 2012.The first handheld game console in the PlayStationseries, the PlayStation Portable or PSP, has sold atotal of 71.4 million units worldwide as of September14, 2011. Its successor, the PlayStation Vita, whichlaunched in Japan on December 17, 2011 and inmost other major territories in February 2012 hassold in excess of 1.2 million units as of the end ofFebruary 2012.
• The PlayStation 2 is a video game console manufactured by Sony as part of the PlayStation series. It was first released on March 4, 2000, in Japan. As part of the sixth-generation of gaming, its primary competitors were the Sega Dreamcast, Microsoft Xbox, and Nintendo GameCube.
The PlayStation 2 is the best-selling console of alltime, having reached over 150 million units sold as ofJanuary 31, 2011.This milestone was reached 12 yearsafter the system was released in Japan on March4, 2000. Further, Sony said it had 10,828 titles availablefor the system and that 1.52 billion PS2 titles had beensold since launch. In late 2009, with developers creatingnew games and the console still selling steadily adecade after its original release, Sony stated that the lifecycle of the PlayStation 2 will continue until demandceases
• The development of the PlayStation 2 was first announced in March 1999, and while it would not be released until 2000, the announcement was enough to slow the momentum for the Sega Dreamcasts North American launch, despite the Dreamcast having a head start over that generation. Directly after its release, it was difficult to find PS2 units on retailer shelves due to manufacturing delays.Another option was purchasing the console online through auction websites such as eBay, where people paid over one thousand dollars for a PS2.
• The PS2 initially sold well partly on the basis of the strength of the PlayStation brand and the consoles backward compatibility, selling over 980,000 units in Japan by March 5, 2000, one day after launch. This allowed the PS2 to tap the large install base established by the PlayStation — another major selling point over the competition. Later, Sony added new development kits for game developers and more PS2 units for consumers.
• The Playstation 3 is the third game console/media center produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, and successor to the Playstation 2. The console was first released on November 11 2006 in Japan. Its primary storage media is the Blu-Ray Disc, while it also supports DVD, and cd formats. It can output high definition video and audio for both video games and movies via an HDMI 1.3 port (as well as component cable), supporting up to 1080p HD resolution.
The PlayStation 3 competes with MicrosoftsXbox 360 and Nintendos Wii as part of theseventh generation of video game consoles. Insales and market share, it is currently in thirdplace. It was initially available in versions, the 20GB cheap model and the 60 GB premiummodel. The 20 GB model was discontinued inNorth America due to a lack of consumer
demand, but I think it was because Sony didnt shipmany of these models to stores. I personally knowmany people who would have bought one if theycould find one. On May 21 2007, Sony announcedthat it would be releasing the PS3 in South Korea inonly one configuration, featuring an 80 GB harddrive and IPTV compatibility. On July 2007, the 80GB model was released in North America, but the60 GB models were still available for many monthsafter.
The PlayStation 3 launched in North America on Nov. 2006with a total of twelve titles, while another three werereleased before the end of the year. After five days of salesit was confirmed that Insomniacs first person shooterResistance: Fall of Man was the top-selling game, and washeavily praised by many reputable video game websites.During the Japanese launch, Ridge Racer 7 was the top-selling launch title. Some titles missed the launch windowand were delayed until 2007, such as Oblivion, F.E.A.R.and Sonic the Hedgehog.
• The PlayStation 3 launched in Europe with 24 titles, including some that were not offered in the North American and Japanese launched, such as Formula 1, Motorstorm, and Virtua Fighter 5. Resistance: Fall of Man and Motorstorm have been the most successful games so far.
• There are several original PlayStation 3 hardware models, which are commonly referred to by the size of their included hard disk drive: 20, 40, 60, 80 or 160 GB. Although referred to by their HDD size, the capabilities of the consoles vary by region and release date. The only difference in the appearance of the first five models was the color of the trim, number of USB ports, the presence or absence of a door (which covers the flash card readers on equipped models) and some minor changes to the air vents. All retail packages include one or two Sixaxis controllers and/or a DualShock 3 controller (beginning June 12, 2008, one miniUSB to USB cable (for connecting the controller and PlayStation Portable to the system), one composite video/stereo audio output cable, one Ethernet cable (20, 60 and CECHExx 80 GB only) and one power cable.
• All models support software emulation of the original PlayStation, but support for PlayStation 2 backward compatibility has continually diminished with later models and the last model to advertise integrated backward compatibility was the 80GB Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle. Compatibility issues with games for both systems are detailed in a public database hosted by the manufacturer. All models, excluding the 20 GB model, include 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi. In addition to all of the features of the 20 GB model, the 60 GB model has internal IEEE 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi, multiple flash card readers (SD/MultiMedia Card, CompactFlash Type I/Type II, Microdrive,Memory Stick/PRO/Duo) and a chrome colored trim. In terms of hardware, the 80 GB model released in South Korea is identical to the 60 GB model released in the PAL regions, except for the difference in hard drive size.
NAME : AYŞESURNAME : DOĞANERSUBJECT :HİSTORY ANDDEVELOPMENT OF THEPLAYSTATİONNUMBER : 20111852