1. A study of the
leadership style of
2. Early Life
• Born: in 1955 San
• Biological father, Abdulfattah
• Biological mother, Swiss-American
Catholic Joanne Carole Schieble
• He was adopted at birth by Paul
Reinhold Jobs and Clara Jobs
• Jobs' youth was riddled with frustrations over formal
• Then attended Cupertino Junior High and Homestead
High School in Cupertino, California
• In 1972, Jobs enrolled at Reed College in Portland,
• Jobs took a job as a technician at Atari, Inc
• In 1976, Jobs and Wozniak formed their own business,
which they named "Apple Computer Company.
• They introduced Apple2 for professional.
• 1980 creation of the Apple Lisa.
• 1984 Jobs introduced the Macintosh
• 1985 Jobs was fired from Apple.
• In 1985 Jobs founded Next
• In 1986 Bought Pixar and produced Toy Story in 1995.
5. Back to Apple
In 1996 Apple bought NeXT for $427 million.
Jobs became de facto chief after then-CEO Gil Amelio
1998 iMac Think Different.
In 2001 introduced the iPod.
In 2007 introduced the iPhone then the iPad.
In August 2011, Jobs resigned as CEO of Apple.
6. Health Issues
• In 2003 Jobs was diagnosed with cancer tumor in
• In April 2009, Jobs underwent a liver transplant.
• Apple announced that Tim Cook would run day-today operations and that Jobs would continue to be
involved in major strategic decisions at the company.
• Jobs announced his resignation as Apple's CEO on
August 24, 2011
• On October 5, 2011
• Due to complications from a relapse
of his previously treated pancreatic
cancer, resulting in respiratory arrest
8. Transformational Leadership
9. Components of JOB’s Leadership
“If you don’t share our vision…then GET OUT!”
“If you don’t love something, you ‘re not going to go
the extra mile and work the extra weekend”
“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and
“My job is not to be easy on people. My job is to
make them better.”
10. Effective Communication
11. Rescue of Apple
12. Behavior Style
13. Do leaders have impact?
“The leadership gap left by Steve
Jobs looks widest when Tim Cook is
on stage talking about the
company” Tonya Hall, Host,
“Cook was smug and showed no
"vision"! Bernard Gershon,
President, Gershon Media
“The stock has dropped from
$700 to the low $400s”
Tim Cook, Apple CEO