1. Meaning of Foreign policyForeign policy is the use of politicalinfluence in order to induce otherstates to exercise their law makingpower in a manner desired by thestate.
2. Definition of foreign policyAccording to Prof; Joseph Foreign policy consists of decisions and actions which involve to some appreciable extent relations between one state and others.
3. Objectives of foreign policy 1. It seeks to protect the territorial integrity of the country and protect the interests of its citizens, both with and out side the state.
4. Objectives of FP 2. The objective of foreign policy is maintenance of links with other member of international community and adoption of policy of conflict or cooperation towards them with a view to promote its own interests.
5. Objectives 3. The foreign policy of a country seeks to promote and further its national interests of the country. • The primary interests of each state is self-preservation, security and well being of its citizens
6. objectives 4. The foreign policy aims at promotion of economic interests of the country. 5. The foreign policy aims at enhancement of the influence of the state by expanding its area of influence the reducing of other states to the position of dependency.
7. Determinants of Foreign policy Two type of factors A. Internal factors B. external factors
8. Determinants of FP Internal Factors 1. Size 2. Geography 3. Culture & history
9. Internal factors4. Economic development5. Technology6. National capacity
10. Internal factors of FP7. Social Structure8. Public mood9. Political Organization
11. Cont… 10. Role of press 11. political Accountability 12. Leadership
12. External factors1. Power structure2. International organizations3. Reaction of other states