demander a chacun de me donner leur nom et pourquoi ils voulaient assister a ce cours? expectations
Traditional class followed by workshop
Definition of Curator
Latin origins of the word
then it becomes know as the curator for museum Helping you to find your path through a specific topic selection-editing-POINT OF VIEW
a curator choose, edit, give an angle, in one word OFFER HIS OWN STORY
you are a curator if you have the WILLINGNESS to be a RESOURCE to get access to the SOURCES A CURATOR IS PASSIONATE NARRATOR
there is no good curator if there is no passion behind to offer an angle, an opinion. talk about what you care Because....
Google Reader will always be a better agregator.. The tips tool tips kit: CUration BUzzword phenomenom How to stay authentic?
Best way to engage your readers is to be passionate, honest
dont do it to be “here” or because you have to do it Be a curator because you care to share a passion to help people find relevant sources on a topic TOILET PAPER
that the only way you will manage to create, whatever your goal is, -enthusiasm -commitment -meanginful dialogue -relationships
because dont forget this separation is dead and BS. If your favorite prson at a wedding dinner is the one you ahd the most interesting conversation with, that will be exactly the same online
CUration is offering an angle with passion. IF you come here today, its not to learn from me, its to give you the permission. Its not complicate to talk about what we love.
because we have all somthing to say about something we know. Blogger suppose to be creation of content: being a natural born blogger Curator: we all naturally one
you can create by becoming a filter. thats the most important thing in the digital age of abundant information
1. Being a Curator <ul><li>The Art of Curation, Part 1 </li></ul>
2. “ To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach”
4. The Art of Curation <ul><li>Class + workshop </li></ul><ul><li>Three classes: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Being a curator (today) </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Humanrithms vs. Algorithms </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Tools </li></ul></ul>
5. <ul><li>a keeper or custodian of a museum or other collection </li></ul>Curator: definition
6. Curator: origin <ul><li>curator : one who has care of a thing, a manager, guardian, trustee </li></ul><ul><li>curare : to take care of </li></ul><ul><li>cura : care, heed, attention, anxiety, grief </li></ul>
8. “ All history is provisional and any retrospective worth looking at expresses a point of view.” Peter Galassy Chief Curator of MoMA
9. Be a Narrator
10. Be a Resource
11. Be Passionate
12. Don’t be an Aggregator
13. Passion is Differentiation
14. Passion is Differentiation
15. Being or Existing ?
18. Creation vs Curation
19. We all have something we love
20. your turn...
21. Second week <ul><li>Humanrithms vs. Algorithms: leveraging algorithms to make your topics even better </li></ul><ul><li>Workshop to follow up on Scoop.it topics </li></ul>
22. Third week <ul><li>Other curation platforms </li></ul><ul><li>Integrating curation tools into your existing social network communication </li></ul><ul><li>Workshop to follow up on Scoop.it topics </li></ul>