The Arab Israel conflict Intro

  • 2,287 views
Uploaded on

Load of Maps from awesomeseminars.com

Load of Maps from awesomeseminars.com

  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
  • LEARN!!! In reality to just try to understand what it means to be one from the Chosen Nation you must listen at least 10 hours of lectures from Ravs that learn all day for many years.

    Here are some of the best video resources,
    Rav Yosef Mizrachi:
    youtu.be/n0_tgO5Drb8

    Rav Daniel Cohen:
    Torah.fm,
    TorahAnytime.com/speakers/speaker-detail-listview/?id=106
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
  • this is amazing ,please send me this presentation on kashaby_3ezzo@hotmail.com ..
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
  • very ueful!
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
  • This is a propaganda. You are covering the atrocities committed by israel during the occupation. When you are uploading something in internet please verify it and then do your job. What you have uploaded is false, check the history from relevant sources.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
No Downloads

Views

Total Views
2,287
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0

Actions

Shares
Downloads
0
Comments
4
Likes
3

Embeds 0

No embeds

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
    No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. What Went Wrong?
  • 2. The Things People Say..
    • Israel was created on the ruins of Palestine
    • Because of the Holocaust
    • Superpower
  • 3.  
  • 4. Creating a Frame of Understanding
  • 5. Continual presence since exile in 70 CE A People Returning
  • 6. The Ottoman Empire 16th Through 20th Centuries CE 1517-1917 CE
  • 7. What about Palestine?
    • " Palestine" derives from a Roman renaming of Judaea In the 2 nd Century C.E
  • 8. The British – Balance between Jew and Arab
    • Balfour 1917
    • Henry McMahon had exchanged letters with Hussein ibn Ali, Sheriff of Mecca in 1915, in which he had promised the Arabs control of the Arab lands, exclusive of the Mediterranean coast.
    • His Majesty's Government views with favor the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavors to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.
  • 9. The original British Mandate of 1920, included both the East and West Banks of the Jordan River.
  • 10. First Partition of Mandated Palestine In 1922, Britain turned the East Bank of the Palestine Mandate into an exclusively Arab country called “Transjordan” 1946 TJ gets independence 76% of Palestine was given to the Arabs, leaving 24% for the Jewish National Home
  • 11. Partition 1947 In Nov. 1947, the UN passed Resolution 181, the Partition Plan. The plan was accepted by Israel, rejected by the Arabs, who launched a war on May 15, 1948 to destroy Israel .
  • 12. 1967 Six Days War " Our basic objective will be the destruction of Israel. The Arab people want to fight. We will not accept any... coexistence with Israel...Today the issue is not the establishment of peace between the Arab states and Israel....The war with Israel is in effect since 1948.“ President Nasser of Egypt, May 27, 1967
  • 13. Peace Process 1977 – 1978 Camp David Peace Accords In return for peace, Israel gave back to Egypt the entire Sinai Peninsula.
  • 14. 1948/56/67/73/82/88/91/2000
  • 15. OSLO PEACE PROCESS 1993-2000 Israeli Transfers of West Bank Territory to Palestinian Self-Rule During the Interim Period, 1994 - 2000
  • 16.  
  • 17. Camp David II JULY 2000 Israel’s Opening Offer to Arafat
  • 18. TABA January 2001
  • 19. CAMP DAVID II vs TABA MAPS
  • 20. Palestinians
    • Lebanon
    • Camp David
    • USA Elections
  • 21. Israel withdraws from Lebanon
  • 22.  
  • 23.  
  • 24.  
  • 25.  
  • 26.  
  • 27. Gaza First