• Type of Building: It is cultural and it holds important Islamic tombs• Function: To let people see important tombs and it is also a common setting where movies take place• Architect: Ustad Ahmad Lahauri• Date: 1632 to 1642
• Style: Mughal• Location: Agra, India• Cultural Group: Indian• Materials: Red Sandstone, White Marble, Agate, Turquoise, Lapis, Coral, Onyx, Jade, and Blood Stone
Historical Facts• MumtazMahal wanted to make this building to honor his wife Shah Jahan, who died in 1631. She died while giving birth to their 14th child.
Fun Fact• It looks pink in the morning. During the day it looks white. It turns gold in the moon light.
Why did you select this building?• I selected his building because I always wanted to go to it and it always looks beautiful.
3-5 artful adjectives when describing your building• Symmetrical: the same on both sides• Value: the colors go with each other• Tint: has tints of colors added
What part of this building did you use for this structure?• I used the front and the dome
• Type of Building: Mosque• Function: Praying center• Architect: MimarSinan• Date: 1557• Style: Ohoman• Location: Istanbul, Turkey• Cultural group: Turkish, Muslim
• Materials: Stone, Izanik tiles, and stained glass windows• Historical fact: During an earthquake in 1766 the dome fell in• Fun Fact: It is almost as big as the Hagia Sophia
3-5 artful adjectives when describing your building• Vast, monumental, and glory
3-5 art vocab word that you can visually associate with this building and how are they used in the buildings design?• Flanked- The dome is by 2 semidomes• Continuum- Created single vast• Elated- Drafted
What Part of the building did you use in your own design?• I used the 4 minarets
• Type of building: Resort• Function: Hotel and geothermal spa• Architect: Vinnustofa Architect• Date: 1999• Style: Eco-architecture• Location: Iceland• Materials: Lava, concrete, steel, and glass
Historical fact: In 1995 The first Blue Lagoon skin care products were launchedFun fact: It is about 104 degrees
Why did you choose this building?• I chose it because it seems like a fun and relaxing place to vacation
List 3-5 artful adjectives when describing this building• Geothermal, facades, and sully
3-5 art vocab word that you can visually associate with this building and how are they used in the buildings design?• Hazy: the view of everything• Geothermal: Everything is heated by nature• Asymmetrical: Isnt the same on both sides
What part of this building will you use in your own design?• I will be using the windows and the bars that go across them
This is the book I used• http://www.amazon.com/1001-Buildings- Must-Before-Architectural/dp/0789315645