BCT Section 2.01 Terms
1. Tech & Education Education, internet, simulations, distance learning,
computer based learning.
2. Tech & Science Artificial intelligence, genetic engineering, virtual
3. Tech & Work Multinational economy,
4. Technology Careers A career that has to do with technology.
5. Administrative Assistant Helps the administrator with certain tasks and is the
backup to the administrator him/herself.
6. Graphic Designer A profession that involves designing graphical
animations for consumers like other companies.
7. Network Administrator Someone who is in charge of a specific network.
8. PC Support A company or any kind of information that helps you
with problems that come up on your computer.
9. Web Master Person responsible for maintaining a website.
10. Database Administrator Responsible for an organization’s database.
11. Software Engineer Develops, creates, and edits the design of software.
12. Computer Crime When something dealing with
13. Computer Fraud The manipulation of the computer or computer data.
14. Computer Hacking When your computer is broken into and personal
information from the computer is accessed.
15. Theft of Computer Time An employee using a work computer for their own
16. Data Diddling Changing data before it is entered into the computer.
17. Computer Virus A threat to your computer that can do multiple
harmful things to effect your computers performance.
18. Worm A virus that makes copies of its self at slows down the
computers performance by taking away certain
19. Time Bomb A virus that goes off at a specific time or data.
20. Logic Bomb A virus or threat that goes off when you open up
specific data or information.
21. Trojan Horse A virus that does something different than what it is
expected to do.
22. Privacy & Security Issues Any time you insert data into the internet there is a
possibility that it could be gathered by another person.
23. Security Measures Passwords, electronic identification cards, firewalls,
anti virus software, and selective hiring process.