1. PRESENTATION-PEEPLI[LIVE]<br />Name – AvayMinni<br />Stream – I T<br />Roll no – 09/IT/51<br />Future Institute Of Engineering & Management<br />
2. <ul><li>CONTENTS</li></ul>Producer & Director<br />Aamir khan As a Producer<br />AnushaRizvi As a Director<br />Cast<br />Introduction<br />Plot<br />Reality of Contemporary India<br />Achievements<br />Awards<br />Critical Response<br />Controversies<br />Acknowledgement<br />Bibliography<br />
3. <ul><li>Produced by -</li></ul>Aamir Khan & KiranRao<br /><ul><li>Story , Screenplay & </li></ul> Directed by – <br />AnushaRizvi<br />
4. <ul><li>AAMIR KHAN AS A PRODUCER:-AAMIR HUSSAIN KHAN
5. In 2001,khan set up Aamir khan Production.Its first film was LAGAAN.It was India’s official entry to74th academy award.
6. In 2007 TaareZameenPar,marked his directional debut. Received Filmfare best movie award.
7. In 2008,Jaane TuYaJaane Na was released under his home production.</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>ANUSHA RIZVI AS A DIRECTOR:-</li></ul>AnushaRizvi was an NDTV journalist,working for farmer’s suicidal cases.<br />In 2004,she wrote a script named “The Fallen”.<br />Finally in 13th August,2010,Peepli[Live] released under Aamir Khan Production.<br />
8. <ul><li>Cast-</li></ul>Omkar Das Manikpurias Natha<br />RaghubirYadavas Budhia<br />MalaikiShenoyas NanditaMalik<br />NawazuddinSiddiquias Rakesh<br />ShaliniVastaas Dhaniya<br />FarookhZafaras Amma<br />Vishal O. Sharma as Kumar Deepak<br />Naseeruddin Shah as SaleemKidwai<br />
9. <ul><li>INTRODUCTION:-</li></ul>Peepli Live is a 2010 Indiancomic satire that<br /> explores the topic of "farmer suicides“<br /> and the subsequent media and political response.It is that savagely raw and hurtful wake-up call for the conscience which does not mince words.<br />
10. <ul><li>PLOT:-</li></ul>Natha, is a poor farmer from the village of Peepli in "Mukhya Pradesh", who struggles to farm enough money<br /> for his family with his elder brother, Budhia ,his wife, <br />Dhaniya and his ailing mother, who spends most of her time lying down and screaming at Natha and Dhaniya. Natha and Budhia often pretend to go out farming when actually they save up whatever money they have to buy alcohol. This has left the whole family famished and now the banks are demanding repayment of loans or else the family will be stripped off their land and house. In the meantime, Government have called a by-election due to continuous criticism of their blind eye towards the desperate poverty. The opposition ApnaDal Party believe they have a chance to form the government in this election as the people have lost faith on Sammaan Party and its C.M., Ram BabuYadav with Agriculture Minister, SaleemKidwai, believes in the industrialization.<br />
11. To save his land and his family,Budhiya encouraged Natha to commit suicide so as to receive a compensation from the government for the death.But this news was picked up by Rakesh,a local news reporter,and was advertised by a English news channel.But in the meantime,therival,“The Bharat Live” came in to play and the situation got messed up. Natha’s family was continuously harassed.<br />Natha ran away due to the confusion.But unluckily he was kidnapped by the local headmen.it was revealed and every rushed there.In a confusion an accident occurs and Rakesh dies.<br />
13. <ul><li>REALITY OF CONTEMPORARY INDIA:-</li></ul>Peepli live picks up a satirical tone in the expression one of the biggest challenges of Indian economic system.AnushaRizvi was a NDTV journalist,working on peasent suicide issue.She wrote a script named “The Fallen”in 2004,depicting the controversies associated with “Vidarbha”suicidalcase,who were the victims of globalization and dirty politics.The film points out:-<br /><ul><li> 1.)vote bank politics.
17. According to Box office India, Peepli Live opened </li></ul>"decently"and did a business of 4 crore <br />on its first day.<br /><ul><li>The film collected 29.91 crore at the end of the </li></ul>third week and was declared a semi hit and <br />collected $700,000 worldwide in its weekend.<br /><ul><li>Peepli Live was India's official entry for the 83rd Academy AwardsBest Foreign Film category, however it didn't make the final shortlist.</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>AWARDS:-
19. Apsara Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role</li></ul> - Omkar Das Manikpuri<br /><ul><li>Apsara Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role </li></ul> (Male) - RaghubirYadav<br /><ul><li>Apsara Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role</li></ul> (Female) - FarukhJaffer<br /><ul><li>Zee cine Award for Best Film
21. Star Screen Award for Best Ensemble Cast
22. Apsara Award for Best Story - AnushaRizvi</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>CRITICAL RESPONSE:-
23. As of October 2 , 2010 , Peepli Live has received</li></ul> An overall rating of 83% from all Critics ( 19 Fresh & 4 Rotten ) .<br /> A 100% rating from Top Critics ( 5 Fresh ) at Rotten Tomatoes .<br /><ul><li>On Meta-critic , the Film had an average score of 69 out of 100 , based on “Generally Favorable” Reviews .</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>CONTROVERSIES:-
24. Peepli Live is the subject of a few controversies. VJAS ( VidarbhaJanandolanSamiti), The Nagpur-based farmer's advocacy group, asked the Maharashtra government to ban the film due to its depiction of farmer suicides.KishorTiwari, the president of VJAS, stated: "TV serial 'BairiPiya' has shown that debt-trapped Vidarbha farmers are selling daughters to clear their debt, while 'Peepli Live' is far from reality and an insult to poor farm.
25. According to John Travolta, Peepli Live was inspired by 1997 English film Mad City.
26. The film storyline shares a similarity to a malayalam film PAKAL.</li></li></ul><li><ul><li>ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:-
27. Firstly,I,would like to thank our teacher Mr.ShuvomAmin for giving me such a prestigious topic.I am really grateful to work for this presentation.
28. Secondly,I would like to convey thank to my friendsfor their constant support and help.
29. Last but not the least,I would thank my parents for their continuous blessings.</li></ul>…Without them,it would not have been possible.<br />