1. Module 1: Leisure and lifestyle Leisure activities
2. What do you do in your leisure time? I often surf the Internet. I sometimes play sports. I like playing chess in the evening.
3. Match the phrase/word with the correctpicture a. Surfing the Internet b. Playing the guitar c. Skateboarding Picture 2 d. Playing football e. Skiing g. Jumping i. Rollerblading Picture 4 h. Swimming i. Running/ Going for a run
4. Discuss the following questions in pairs or small groups. - Which of these things do you enjoy? - Which of these don’t you enjoy? - What else do you do in your free time?
5. Listening Listen tovideo games a survey of leisure 11% Playing the results of activities among peoplegym sixteen to thirty Going for a run/to the aged 28% and completecinema Going to the the missing information on page 7. 46% Renting a video/DVD 40% Reading a newspaper/ magazine 100% Going for a walk 93% Going to a restaurant 64% Listening to the radio 71% Playing a musical instrument 8%
6. Speaking According to the survey, which activities are the most/least popular? Which results are surprising/different from your country?
7. Complete the diagram with the words/phrases belowthe cinema, run, a restaurant, volleyball, a yoga class, walk, clubbing, a football match, skiing, the guitar, yoga, football, snowboarding, exercise Go to Go + -ing the gym swimming the cinema clubbing Play a restaurant skiing video games a yoga class snowboarding volleyball a football match the guitar Go for a Do football run yoga walk exercise
8. Homework: write a short paragraph (about 120words) about your leisure activities andsubmit it via email@example.com Use the Present simple tense Use correct phrases of leisure activities (go for a walk, go to the park, play the piano, …) Use adverbs of frequency (often, usually, …) Use phrases of time (in the morning, at the weekend, …)