1. Week 2 DQ-1Based on Nicolaisen (2010), imagine that you have an idea for a newsmartphone application. In what language would you choose to write theapplication? What are some of the disadvantages of choosing this language overothers? Why?Week 2Individual Assignment :Guide to Starting a Bible Study -Education and TrainingMake you bible study a reality with the right trainingBy A Faletufuga AsiataIf you want to open bible study classes, right training is a must. Starting a bible studyservices requires learning about the licensing that is correct for your state. Each state hasits own licensing requirements for those who want to open teaching opportunities.Beyond this, you will need to learn about the church services industry and how to run abible study classes.The first step in starting a bible study services education and training plan should involvegetting your certification. Your church may have specific requirements for the amount oftime you must spend in classroom training and even which schools you must train in.Once you have your certification, however, if you want to launch side classesopportunities you may want additional training to make clients feel comfortable withyour expertise. Consider the following: 1. Understand the licensing requirements for your state and church before you start your own bible study classes. 2. Take the training classes that will be required for many of your church members.
2. 3. Become part of religion industry associations to take part in continuing education programs and conferences.Action StepsThe best contacts and resources to help you get it doneLearn the certification requirements in your area forstarting your own biblical studyEach state has its own licensing requirements for church services personnel and forbiblical services. As a church member, you will need not only a theological license, butalso whatever church licensing is required in your state. This may require you to takeclasses, pass background checks and satisfy other requirements.I recommend: Redland School of Theology provides a list of licensing requirements youwill need to know if you want to start bible classes in your area. The site even provides alist of approved courses and providers for most states. Just click on your state to getstarted. Business Licenses lists all the business licenses and the security licenses you willneed for each state where you want to open you own patrol service.Look for training courses for security personnel to opensecurity service businessesThe employees of your business will need to take training courses to qualify foremployment, but you also will want to take classes yourself, especially if you do not haveextensive law enforcement and security experience. Security training courses will teachyou the basics and may be needed for certification in your state. Security training willusually include some form of surveillance or investigative training, self-defense trainingand firearms training.I recommend: Executive Security International is an established school, offering manydifferent types of courses and programs in security services. Max Security Solutionsoffers a variety of security service training programs, including courses that teachsurveillance, investigation, executive protection and other related subjects.Join a professional organization to establish credibilitybefore you open security service solutionsMembership in a professional organization for open security business shows that you area credible business to potential clients and gives you a venue for advertising, since manyprofessional organizations have directories and other marketing opportunities.
3. Professional organizations also give you access to conferences, meetings and otheroptions for continuing education and networking.I recommend: Join the National Association of Security Companies (NASCO). Thegroup offers support, training events for members and other educational resources. TheNational Council of Investigation & Security Services offers publications, resources,advertising opportunities and a respected annual conference.Tips & TacticsHelpful advice for making the most of this Guide • • If you want to start your own security business, consider taking a local class about starting your own business. This class will likely be at your community college and will cover the basics of starting any business - not just a security solution - but will be useful in negotiating the mechanics of advertising, securing a business loan, hiring employees and generally conducting your business.One Reason the Bible Matters So Muchby Mark D. Roberts READ 1 Corinthians 15:3-9I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for oursins, just as the Scriptures said. He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the third day, just asthe Scriptures said. 1 Corinthians 15:3-4As you probably realize, I spend quite a bit of my time studying the Bible and passing on its truth. In additionto writing these Daily Reflections, I also put lots of biblical exposition on my blog, and am frequently asked topreach in churches or speak at conferences, where I almost always focus on Scripture.Why? Why do I spend so much of my time exploring a book that was written centuries ago? Why do I careso much about the Bible?And, for that matter, why do you? If you read these Reflections, you must believe that the Bible matters.Why does it matter to you?There are many, many ways to answer the question of why the Bible matters so much. Pauls summary ofthe Gospel in 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 provides one crucial answer. We pay attention to the Bible because ithelps us understand the Good News of Gods love in Jesus Christ. Notice what Paul writes in his summary:"Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. He was buried, and he was raised from the dead on the
4. third day, just as the Scriptures said" (15:3-4). If we want to understand the meaning of the death andresurrection of Christ, then we must know "the Scriptures."Ironically, when Paul refers to "the Scriptures" here, he is not talking about what we call the New Testament.When he was writing to the Corinthians, most of the New Testament books had not been written yet, andthis includes Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. The Scriptures to which Paul refers are the writings of what wecall the Old Testament. Though they do not narrate the specific events of Jesus passion, they do providethe inspired, authoritative lens through which we might see the significance of these events clearly. Ofcourse we have the gift of the New Testament, which narrates the events that are central to the Gospel andprovides ample commentary on these events. Thus, for us, the Scriptures are doubly helpful if we wish tograsp the meaning of Christs death and resurrection.As you read and reflect on biblical texts, let me encourage you to attend to how they help you understandthe love of God in Jesus Christ. Though not every passage will relate specifically to the cross andresurrection, every text will indeed help you to know Jesus Christ more truly. Every text will prepare you for adeeper experience of the Good News, so that you might live more fully as a witness and demonstration of itstruth and power.QUESTIONS FOR FURTHER REFLECTION: When you read the Bible, do you think of how it helps you toknow Jesus better? How does your understanding of the Old Testament enrich and inform yourunderstanding of the Gospel? What might help you to see Jesus in all of the Bible?PRAYER: Gracious God, today I thank you for the gift of the Bible. What a gift it is! In this book I am taughthow to flourish in this life. I see that my life is a high calling of service to others in your name. I discover that Imatter to you, that I am eternally love. In the Bible I learn who you are so that I might know you, not just inhead, but also in heart. In this book I discover the Good News that changes my life . . . and the world.Lord, there are times when I find your Word difficult to understand. Sometimes, even in these Reflections, Iconfess my confusion or even my frustration. Yet, today, I pause to thank you for the Scriptures, for theirbreadth and depth, for their realism and honesty, for their inspiration and truth. Thank you, in particular, thatthe Bible tells "the old, old story of Jesus and his love." In his name I pray, Amen.Master of Religious EducationLiberty Baptist Theological Seminary’s Master of Religious Education program is theprofessional theological degree in Christian education and discipleship ministries and iswell-suited for individuals seeking a broad, foundational graduate degree in churchministry. This program is designed to equip men and women called by God to serve asprofessional Christian workers in such capacities as associate pastor, discipleship pastorand small group pastor, as well as other positions that require a general knowledge ofchurch educational programs and discipleship ministries.Potential Career Options • Christian Educator • Christian School Administrator • Church Education Administrator • Curriculum Director • Instructional Supervisor • Sunday School AdministratorKey points:
5. • Ranked among the top 10 online colleges in the nation for two years in a row • Rated as one of the Best Distance Learning Graduate Schools by GetEducated.com • Nationally renowned Seminary and Professional Studies program offered from a sound moral and biblical perspective • Most cost-effective, accredited online Seminary program offered by a national educational institution • Effectively prepares students to serve in their chosen area of ministry • Nationally acclaimed Seminary faculty teaching online courses Our Statement of Faith (Page 1)The following is a résumé of those things we believe in and teach from the Holy Scriptures. Thislist is by no means complete, but we feel it will be of help to those wishing to make a study of theScripture as it relates to the individual, the nation, and the world in the end of this age.We believe in the God of the Bible (Exodus 3:6-14)We believe the Holy Bible to be the Word of God. We believe in its History, Covenants, andProphecy (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21).We believe in the Bible account of Creation (Genesis 1 & 2).We believe in Jesus Christ as the only begotten Son of God, the Word made flesh (John 1:14).We believe Christ died for us (Romans 5:8); also, that He was raised from the dead (Romans 6:4;Revelation 1:18).We believe in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ on Calvary (Romans 5:11); not only for Israel,but for the sins of the world (I John 2:2).We believe Jesus Christ ascended into Heaven (Mark 16:19; Hebrews 8:1).We believe in the literal return of Jesus Christ (Zechariah 14:4; Acts 1:9-14) when He shall takethe Throne of David (Isaiah 9:6-7; Luke 1:32-33) and rule on earth for the prophetic thousandyears known as the millennium (Revelation 20:4 Zechariah 14:9).We believe that "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoeverbelieveth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).We believe in the Holy Spirit and His mission (John 16:7-14; Acts 2).
6. We believe salvation is by grace through faith, and it is the gift of God, and not of works(Ephesians 2:8-9). It must be preached (Romans 10:14) and it is necessary for all (Romans 3:23).We believe that water baptism is ordained of God for all that believe (Matthew 3:13-15; Romans6:3-5; Acts 2:37-39).We believe in the ordinance of the communion as established by Jesus Christ (Matthew26:26-29; I Corinthians 10:16).We believe in prayer, and whatever the immediate purpose, prayer should be that Gods Will bedone on earth (Matthew 6:10; I John 5:14-15). We must forgive to be forgiven (Matthew 6:14).The Holy Spirit will help us to pray (Romans 8:26-27). If we ask in faith and in the Name of JesusChrist, He will hear (John 15:16; James 1:6-7).We believe that God chose out a special people unto Himself to be His servants and thoseservants were to be the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob called "Israel" (Deuteronomy7:6; Psalm 105:6; Isaiah 44:1-2).THE COMPLETE BIBLE STUDY ON THE BASICS FOR BEGINNERS &CHRISTIANS TestimonialsContains 5 Individual Lessons/Studies & 6 Tests 1. Introduction to the Bible for Believers & Skeptics 2. Bible Study on the Old Testament 3. Bible Study on the Messiah 4. Bible Study on Salvaton Part 1 5. Bible Study on Salvaton Part 2“ It has opened my eyes and heart to the true meaning of the gospels. I will beable to change my life around with the knowledge I have gained. ” Dee, NorthCarolina#2 What Is the Right Way to Worship God?Have you ever asked Jesus the right way to worship God? The woman at thewell did (READ John 4:19-26). Find out the complete answer to this question.Below, watch the video about it, complete the PDF worksheet on it, &thoroughly study it in The Complete Bible Study on Christian Worship, ByRick David, Evangelist, which includes 3 Bible studies on True vs. FalseWorship, The Divine Regulations of Christian Worship, & Living a Life ofWorship. ALERT! Teach this Subject to Someone w/ My Help!