Your task is to find the answers to the question found on each slide and record that answer on your answer sheet. Let’s get started!
1. What other job did Johanna Hurwitz have other than author? How long did she do that job? http:// www.ravenstonepress.com/hurwitz.html
2. Where was Ms. Hurwitz born? http://www.kidsreads.com/authors/au-hurwitz-johanna.asp
3. How many books has Johanna Hurwitz written? http://www2.scholastic.com/browse/collateral.jsp?id=10576_type= Contributor_typeId =1839
4. How old was Ms. Hurwitz when she wrote her first book? (HINT: She was too young to have it published) http://www2.scholastic.com/browse/collateral.jsp?id=10576_type= Contributor_typeId =1839
5. What does Ms. Hurwitz say the best practice is for writing books? http://www.harcourtschool.com/activity/book_buddy/4down_up/author.html
6. Look at the selection of books that Ms. Hurwitz has written. Which three would you like to read and why? http://www.harpercollinschildrens.com/Kids/BookFinder/ContributorBooks.aspx?SCId =14706
7.When did Johanna Hurwitz become a librarian? A published author? http:// www.ravenstonepress.com/hurwitz.html
What jobs did Johanna’s parents have? Do you think that their jobs had anything to do with her becoming an author? Why or why not? http://www2.scholastic.com/browse/contributor.jsp?id=1839
<ul><li>Who mainly influences Ms. Hurwitz when she is imagining characters and writing her books? </li></ul><ul><li>http://www2.scholastic.com/browse/contributor.jsp?id=1839 </li></ul>
<ul><li>This page has pictures of a visit Ms. Hurwitz made to a school in New York City. What do you think she talked about with the students? What question would you ask her about being a well-known author? </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.ps107.org/hurwitz.htm </li></ul>
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.