Be the first to like this
1. Stories can be used to change the endings or morals of our lives. They can be used to create hope, courage and resilience.
“Stories can conquer fear, you know. They can make the heart bigger.” ― Ben Okri
2. Every major movement in history started with a great storyteller. After hearing the stories of different leaders over the years, people change their whole lives and way of thinking. With just one story, you can change someone’s whole life.
3. Stories are tools of discovery, with stories we can travel to places we’ve never been, grow to understand people we’ve never met, learn things about ourselves that we previously didn’t know.
“There's always room for a story that can transport people to another place.” ― J.K. Rowling.
4. Stories allow us to connect with other people, to share life and all of the ups and downs that come with it.
“Stories make us more alive, more human, more courageous, more loving.” ― Madeleine L'Engle
5. Stories can last far beyond when the storyteller finishes sharing them. Stories that we heard from our grandparents when we were little and the stories that our friends shared with us at sleepovers can still be remembered today as if they were told only yesterday.
6. Stories help us to make sense of the world. Stories encapsulate our experiences so that we may understand ourselves and others better. Stories can teach us all of the major life lessons that we need to know.
7. Stories create community. They help us to build friendships faster. Groups of people who recognise they have a common story share a sense of identity and purpose.
8. Stories are fun. This one needs no explaining, nothing can make us laugh out loud better than a funny story.
9. Stories encourage creativity. With stories, we can express ourselves in ways that are not possible through numbers or facts or bar charts or any other medium. Stories allow us to inject our personality (however crazy or wacky it is) into our communication!
10. Stories help us to get in touch with our emotions. Stories allow us to cry and laugh along too. When a story is told well, it has the power to invoke strong emotions. One of the things that makes us human is our ability to feel and empathise.
For the latest storytelling updates, tips and guides, follow @tellmystoree on Twitter or sign up for storee beta at holder.tellmystoree.com