2. 44% of UK businesses have no socialmedia guidelines in place40% have broad guidelinesOnly 16% have specific guidelines
3. Why a Social Networking Policy? What happens if a client…..
4. Writes an unfavourable review onlineTweets something unfavourablePosts something unfavourable
5. Many companies assign social media postings to junior staffAre you sure staff are posting company news & views & not their own?
6. Your social media plan…..What is important for your company? What really matters?Which social networks?Who do you link to, follow & connect with, who is notacceptable?What news do you release about your customers & clients?Are posts in house or agency?
7. What do you want to achieve?More traffic to your web siteIncreased online profileIncreased salesIncrease brand awarenessPRBuild mailing list
8. Technical issuesWhat images will be used for profiles, logos, and thumbnail –be consistentTwitter uses a small thumbnail in front of your tweets –make it recognisableFollowers and fans recognise businesses by thumbnails &logos.Make sure images and logos fit networks parametersMany social networks pre-set fonts, so you have no choice.
9. BrandWhat does your brand represent and what words can beused ?Agree the identity you are using for social media - is it to be acompany profile or the profile of the individuals who areposting and tweeting for your company?How are other staff involved?
10. Your ‘audience’Measure and monitor links and responsesDon’t use irrelevant hashtagsDon’t spamEncourage follows by using share buttonsCreate your own hashtagsPost business opening times & response times to tweets & postsclear on your profile pages
11. Crisis managementPrepare for a crisisHow will to respond to critical tweets, posts and reviews?Don’t promise what you can’t deliverDon’t argue with customersHave a timescale for responses to compaintsRefunds and incentives individually or pre planned?
12. Which networks? Twitter Facebook LinkedIn Foursquare U tube Pinterest Slideshare Ecedemy
13. FREE Download……Social Media Best Practice Toolkit Summitup Marketing blog.summitup.co.uk 07947 779542 email@example.com LinkedIn Facebook Twitter – summitupmarket