Do you want to attend upcoming Phoenix auctions or learn the basics of online bidding? Check out this presentation from Auction Systems' President & CEO, Deb Weidenhamer. Also visit
Do you want to attend upcoming Phoenix auctions or learn the basics of online bidding? Check out this presentation from Auction Systems' President & CEO, Deb Weidenhamer. Also visit http://www.auctionANDappriase.com/ today.
1. Phoenix Auctions: The Ins and Outs of Online Bidding By Deb Weidenhamer President & CEO, Auction Systems
2. Phoenix Auctions Online bidding is a convenient and easy way to buy items at Phoenix auctions. Although certain features may differ slightly from one auction to another, the overall process will be very similar. By following some simple guidelines, you can bid successfully before and during the auction. When you bid carefully, you can take advantage of the great deals auctions have to offer.
3. Phoenix Auctions Prior to the live auction, you’ll have access to an online catalog of items. The catalog is divided into categories to help you find merchandise quickly and easily. For example, if you’re interested in a circular saw, you would look under a “Power Tools” category. You can also perform various online searches to find specific items. A search box on the website may be exclusive to each auction ring. Various search parameters include model numbers, brands, lot numbers, etc.
4. Before You Bid Auction lots are described by name brand and model, if applicable and available. In addition, lots may be depicted by media type, such as wood, porcelain, crystal, glass, etc. Furniture is typically referred to by upholstery type and wood species. Dimensions are noted in descriptions where appropriate.
5. Auction Bidding <ul><li>Some important things to know before you bid online at Phoenix auctions: </li></ul><ul><li>Federal law states auction items are sold “as-is, where is.” </li></ul><ul><li>Many auctions allow bidders to preview items in person. </li></ul><ul><li>Online bidding sometimes will allow for a refund if the item is described inaccurately. </li></ul><ul><li>Check with the specific rules, regulations and requirements of the auction service managing the Phoenix auctions. </li></ul>
6. Online Bidding <ul><li>Online bidding at Phoenix auctions generally can be done using two methods: </li></ul><ul><li>Proxy Bidding </li></ul><ul><li>Usually one week prior to a live auction, the auction lots are available for online bidding. If an item has no previous bids, the bid you’ll enter will be higher than the starting price. If others have already bid on the item, you’ll enter the next required bid amount and a maximum bid amount, if desired. The required bid amount will be displayed on the screen. </li></ul><ul><li>Auction Bidding </li></ul><ul><li>Online bidding can either be concluded prior to the live auction or be done as simulcast bidding where you bid in real time with the live audience. In Phoenix auctions that close online bidding prior to the live event, your bid (and maximum bid if you entered one) will be represented by an auction house staff member. Your highest bid will be the starting point for bidding at the live auction. </li></ul>
7. After the Auction You’ll receive an e-mail after the auction indicating whether you won. If you were the successful bidder, you’ll receive a copy of a paid invoice. Then, you’ll need to retrieve your items. When you registered for a bid card, you probably had the option of having your items shipped directly to you. If you aren’t having them shipped, you’ll have to pick up the merchandise at the auction location within the time allotted.
8. Phoenix Auctions Online bidding is fun, fast and exciting. It’s easy to get hooked on the process, so it’s important to thoroughly evaluate potential items. Once you determine an item’s value, then you can set a maximum bid. When you bid carefully, you can take advantage of the great deals auctions have to offer.
9. About the Author <ul><li>Deb Weidenhamer is President of Auctions Systems Auctioneers & Appraisers, Inc., based in Phoenix, Arizona. They specialize in auctions and professional appraisals. </li></ul><ul><li>Visit us at http://www.auctionandappraise.com or call 1-800-801-8880 for more information about our Phoenix auctions company. </li></ul>