Social Influence – Are You Doing It The Right Way? Presentation done by PR Newswire Global Director of Emerging Media – Michael Pranikoff at a seminar put on by 3 Monkeys Communications in London on September 27, 2011.
SEO is the foundation of social media. You cannot today put your stuff out on line and think social media is going to do it. Counted has to be found first before it can be shared. Think how you can drive through search.
When we as communicators distribute news online, we are often looking at raising the visibility of an issue or campaign. Visibility is one of those things that we have measured for a long time in clips and hits.
Brands create more opportunities for engagement. The real secret to social media success is to create something that you what to share with your friend and is consistent with your brand message. Does it pass the “I gotta share this!” Test, the answer is usually, NO. If people want to share it people will write about it or copy it.
Send your news release out on a wire service. When you do so, make sure you are doing correct SEO properties, to drive back where you want them to go.
Social Influence – Are You Doing It The Right Way?
Social Influence<br />Are You Doing It The Right Way?<br />
“I would expect that next year, people will share twice as much information as they share this year, and next year, they will be sharing twice as much as they did the year before,” he said. 11/6/08 Web 2.0 Summit <br />Created by: Michael Pranikoff, PR Newswire Director of Emerging Media<br />
"Between the dawn of civilisation and 2003, five exabytes of information were created. In the last two days, five exabytes of information have been created, and that rate is accelerating” <br />Eric Schmidt , Google<br />
In the 80s, You Were<br /> Exposed to 700 ads<br /> a day<br />
Today<br />More than 5000 ads a day<br />Source: http://www.crankycreative.com/graphics-and-displays/<br />
"Digital and Traditional for the ordinary person is all the same thing. It's all things they consume. It means nothing to them. In agencies and client organizations, people still don't understand this.“ <br />Ian Tait - Global Interactive Executive Creative Director at W+K<br />Created by: Michael Pranikoff, PR Newswire Global Director of Emerging Media<br />
<ul><li>94% of userstested clicked on a first </li></ul> page search result. *<br /><ul><li> Only 6% of users clicked to the second </li></ul> page of search results. *<br /><ul><li> The #1 ranking result garnered around 33% </li></ul> of the total clicks. *<br /><ul><li> A separate study showed that 39% of </li></ul> search users link search ranking to <br /> company prominence. **<br />* - Chitika, Inc.<br />** - JupiterResearch<br />
‘<br />‘<br />Europe:<br />476 million internet users<br />350 million on social networks<br />132 million using a smartphone<br />Going Mobile<br />Source: InSites Consulting<br />
Which of these feeds would you look at on a mobile device? This is why visuals matter<br />