1. Capturing C i the th Moment VSTE 2011 S 0Methods for Screen CapturingMethods for Screen CapturingChristopher Bugaj, MA CCC‐SLP Assistive Technology Trainer
2. Prnt Scrn (Alt + Prnt Scrn) ( l )What would we use this for?What would we use this for? – Put pictures into PowerPoint – Picture of a primary source (e g Constitution) Picture of a primary source (e.g., Constitution) – Give directions (step‐by‐step illustration) –DDocument student work on websites t t d t k b it – Online quizzes (question by question) – Al P S Alt + Prnt Screen captures the active window h i i d – To save notes for an absent student (hard copy)A.T.TIPSCAST Episode 23: Wiggle, Push, Paste
3. Snag It Snag ItScreen Capturing Software – Can create Windows icons – Capture a scrolling window – Built in picture editor so you can draw on a picture – Saved in a variety of formats y – Same as Prnt Scrn, but not available at home (unless you purchase it) Tutorials: www.techsmith.com/tutorial.html
4. ActivInspire/Smart Notebook Camera Tooll– More options than just rectangular capture More options than just rectangular capture– Print screen available everywhere • Camera tool only available on computers with software. Camera tool only available on computers with software.ActivInspire Tutorial: Tutorial: http://bit.ly/activinspirecameratoolvideoSmart Notebook Tutorial: http://bit.ly/smartnotebookscreencapturetoolh //b l / b k l
5. screencast‐o‐matic.com (free)• Capturing video (up to 15 minutes)• R i t ti NOT Registration NOT required i d• Have access anywhere with a high speed Internet connection• Upload directly to YouTube• Upload directly Screencast‐o‐matic (Registration q Required))• Export the video to use in other projects (MP4, AVI, FLV, GIF) (MP4 AVI FLV GIF)
6. ActivStudio Flipchart/Smart Notebook Video Recorder d d Same as Screencast o matic except… Same as Screencast‐o‐matic except ‐ Time is not limited ‐ Need a mic to record sound Need a mic to record sound ‐ Not web‐basedActivInspire Tutorial: http://bit.ly/activinspirescreenrecordervideoSmart Notebook Tutorial: S tN t b kT t i lhttp://bit.ly/smartnotebookrecordertutorial
7. CamtasiaVideo Capturing Software – Captioning options Captioning options – TechSmith website has good uses for screen capturing in education screen capturing in education – Need a mic to record soundWhat would we use this for?What would we use this for? – Creating tutorials – Capturing video off the web (copyright restrictions p g ( py g still apply) Tutorials: Tutorials: www.techsmith.com/tutorial.html
8. JING (Free Download) (Free Download)Video Capturing Software p g – TechSmith website has good uses for screen capturing in education screen capturing in education – Need a mic to record sound – Built in picture editor so you can draw on a video Built in picture editor so you can draw on a videoWhat would we use this for? – C ti t t i l Creating tutorials – Capturing video off the web Tutorials: T i l www.techsmith.com/tutorial.html
9. iOS Screen Capture Screen CaptureHold both buttons Hold both buttonsdown to snap a picture. Instantly puts picture. Instantly putsthe picture into your Photos app.Photos app.
10. ScreenChomp App (free)Annotate over still shots on your iOS device. http://bit.ly/screenchompapp htt //bit l / h
11. Get this presentation athttp://slideshare.net/attipscast
12. Free Audio Fiction featuring Original Stories!
13. Contact Info Christopher Bugaj E-mail: email@example.com Twitter: twitter.com/attipscast Book: iste.org/chewat Blog/Podcast: attipscast wordpress com attipscast.wordpress.com More: about me/chrisbugaj about.me/chrisbugaj