The temple of thennangur (nx power lite)Presentation Transcript
THE TEMPLE OF THENNANGUR
The temple town Thennangur is around 110 km from the city of Chennai, in the state of TamilNadu, India.
• This temple is famous for the unique style that blends North and South Indian architecture.
• The main tower that stands over 120 feet high is done in the style of Puri Jagannath temple in Orissa.
• The eastern entrance is done in a typical South Indian(Chola)style.
Beautiful paintings adorns the walls.
• This temple has one more unique feature, that is the fiberglass art decoration. The entire hall in the front, and the hall in front of the Lord, and the walls everything is done gorgeously with the fiberglass art.
• Another special feature of this temple is the Namasankeerthanam, that is one way of attaining the salvation by praying, through the Bhajans, that is in simple language and catchy tunes with elevating rhythms.
Life size statues adorns the walls of thespecial hall where the Bajhans areregularly performed.
• Thus Swami Haridas Giri has given rebirth to a tiny hamlet in the south of Chennai city, by building this magnificent temple, where one is assured to find peace and solace, away from the maddening city life. Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare.