On demand content management for organizations Case study C á mara de Empresas de Software y Servicios Inform á ticos de Argentina (CESSI) CESSI is the National Technology Council of Argentina On-line Multimedia Digital Library www.novamens.com
1. The problem: how to share the knowledge generated by CESSI with the community
Those contents were saved in a shared directory in a Windows Server, for what:
It was hard and slow to find the information while the amount of documents increased.
The knowledge generated by CESSI could not be easily offered to its members and to the community
The great amount of videos and material could not be spread
It was very complicated to administrate the security for the sensitive information inside the organization.
It was complex to make a backup of this valuable information
CESSI is a knowledge-intensive organization that produces high quality content both for its members and the society in general (plans, strategies and public policies, presentations, conferences, training courses, reports, surveys, master lectures, events, business trips, Sadosky awards, linking activities, etc).
2. Implementing kbee.docs Requirement gathering + Implementation + Training : 2.5 hours (NO programming) the results …
4. What is kbee.docs ? It is a web-based service for Multimedia Digital Libraries and Document Management in organizations It offers tools ready to be used to define security, manage upload and classification, consult and browse in an efficient way the documents database. It allows collaboration and interaction of the users’ community to take advantage of the collective intelligence of your organization. It is designed to be simple, useful and cost effective. It is very easy to use, there is no need for hiring consultants to implement it; the user sets it up according to their company’s needs and within minutes it is ready to be used.
5. Competitive advantages Secure • Easily manages what each user can upload, publish and query. • Audit trails of the changes to the documents. • All communications are encrypted. • You do not need to worry about maintaining server security or about making backups, our engineering team does it for you everyday. Simple and scalable • It is very easy to use. • The implementation is immediate, within minutes it is ready to be used. • It is an innovative technology of great simplicity that at the same time offers the power to support the complexity and scale of document-intensive organizations. • It has an innovative search engine highly efficient for its domain. Cost-effective • You do not need to invest in hardware or base software. • You do not need to spend the valuable time of your technology staff to install or configure anything. • You do not have to invest your people’s time or hire consultants to implement it. Optional module: Community “2.0”, collaboratio n and interaction • The users can rate the contents, recommend, comment, etc.
6. Uploading of Documents and other contents Uploading digital documents and digitalizing Upl oading documents is as simple as doing Drag & Drop on your PC. You can also digitalize documents directly from the scanner and create a PDF file with all the scanned pages. Each user has a private web space for his files, and one shared which is accessible to other authorized users.
7. Classification Classification kbee.docs has differential technology that makes it possible to organize the document and multimedia database of your company no matter how big or complex it is (contracts, manuals and procedures, registers, marketing material, product videos, etc.) and it classifies them through an information model specific to your organization. The i-DOC object The unit of information is the i-DOC object. An i-DOC is made of one or more files, plus an amount of associated information, such as date, author, description, references to other related documents, and information for specific classification related to each install, as for example the project to which it belongs, client, organizational area, publisher in charge, theme, event, etc. Thanks to this information model it is possible to apply precise security policies and do very efficient browsing and searching.
8. Web Portal & Community 2.0 Home. Publishing. Authorized users can publish contents (recommended, outstanding, etc) Public access If chosen, a public portal can exist with part of the content database. Personal space Each registered user has a personal space for their lists (favourites, etc) Comments, voting, etc. Optional module: Collaboration and Community 2.0 It includes collaboration and Community 2.0 tools such as Comments with or without moderation, Voting, Recomendations, Tags, etc.
9. Query. Browsing and Searching (1) Full text search The full-text search engine allows the search of free text inside documents. It comes with: • Optimized relevance algorithm (it considers the context information, contents of documents, classification, etc). • Retrieval by phonetic and syntactic similarity • Logical expressions: AND , OR , NOT (-), *, RELATIONS BY ASSOCIATION,-CONSECUTIVE PROXIMITY OF TWO OR MORE TERMS, etcetera. • Full-text search within dozens of file types (PDF, MS Word, Excel, ppt, HTML , etc.). • Scalability for large scale content spaces • Multi-language dictionary for “ did you mean: ...” • It works with stemming (word root index for greater retrieval efficiency). • It is multi-language.
10. Query. Browsing and Searching (2) Guided Search : Browing+Searching and Searching+Browsing Searching in kbee.docs is an interactive process between the user and the system. The user can search and then narrow the results in any order wanted according to different categories of the classification system, or even browse one or many categories and then performing a full-text search on the subset. Optimized relevance algorithm The optimized relevance algorithm adjusts to your information model, adequately considering what it finds inside the documents with the classifying information, plus the semantic recovery over the Theme Areas. For example, if you are searching “Case Presentation” A content which author has the name “Case” and falls under the “Presentation” category has more relevance than another in which the word “case” appears inside a PDF, though several times.
11. Query. Detail (1) Kbee.docs is scalable to effectively manage a large amount of documents It can effectively organize files and archives with multiple documents It can store any type of documents and multimedia content It can establish relationships between documents It can apply precise security policies in a simple and effective way It can send through email, print, burn a DVD with a bunch of documents, etc.
12. Query. Multimedia detail (2) T he Document Base may include videos and other multimedia contents.
13. Query. Videos and external Presentations It can classify external contents like You Tube videos or SlideShare presentations.
14. Audit Trail and Security Security Model It has a versatile security system to implement security policies according to your organization, such as defining which users can upload, consult, publish or archive each type of document or the documents associated to a customer, project, etc. Encrypting All communications are encrypted It is simple Defining security is very simple, the administrator user does it within minutes Audit Trails The system registers any changes over each i-DOC with auditing purposes, including who and when edited it, added files, published or stored, etc.
15. The Information Model Kbee.docs can be easily specialized and customized to each organization. For this, the “ Information Model ” exists. It is made of information that, without being the documents themselves, has relationship with the documents on the documentary database context. The Information Model is specific to each install, and it is made of: Entities, Relationships, Classifiers, Depositories, etc. kbee.docs It has specialized easily for multiple industries (Real Estate, Laboratories, Technology, Financial Services, etc.) and application types (safe storing, documentary management ISO 9000, online web-base knowledge, etc. )
16. The security for your business that your contents will be available 7x24
kbee.docs is high quality + cost effective service
It runs in servers distributed in top notch Datacenters along the United States and Latin-America
It has high availability distributed architecture
Technical support included
Your company does not need to buy hardware or software
Zero maintenance : It does not need to take care of the infrastructure, or of security, or backups, or adding disks or servers when the document base grows.