2. RAILWAY SECURITY MONITORING SYSTEM USING VIBRATION SENSOR AND ZIGBEEPROJECT GUIDE MRS.M.MANJUSHA PRESENTED BY, ARUNA.S.J ASWATHY.S ASWATHY.V.G
3. contents Introduction Existing system Focus on Components Block diagrams Descriptions Over all working Result and discussion Conclusion Reference
4. INTRODUCTION In the rapidly flourishing country like ours, accidents in rail road railings are increasing day by day. The train accidents cause severe damage to life and property This project deals with one of the efficient method to avoid train accidents.
5. Causes for railway accidents Human error. Track problems or adverse weather conditions. Derailment in curves and bends. Mis-signaling due to fog or mist. Collision between trains
6. Existing system Oral communication through telephonic and telegraphic conversations. IR sensors are also used to identify the cracks in the railway. LASER Proximity Detector Use of satellites for communication. No combined solution for collision avoidance,derailment and railway gate control
7. FOCUS ON•Train derailment in curves andbends•Collision between trains•Automatic railway gate control
8. BLOCK DIAGRAMS BASE STATION Power ZigBee Microcontroller (PIC 16f877a) Servo motor Vibration for gate sensor control
12. Vibration sensor Uses piezoelectric effect Vibration indicates the arrival or departure of train. Sense the position of train at 1 to 3km away.
13. Continued…. types Mini sense 100-vertical Mini sense 100-horizontal The sensor used here is mini sense 100 vertical
14. Continued…. Mini sense 100 vertical High sensitivity Good frequency response Excellent linearity Shielded construction Analog output With stands high shock
15. MICROCONTROLLER Set of digital logic circuits integrated on a single chip. Micro controller is for entire control. Examples:8051,89c51,PIC,motorola etc The micro controller used here is PIC
16. PIC MICROCONTROLLER Powerful fully featured processor High performance RISC CPU Operating speed 20 mhz Operating voltage 4.0 to 5.5v Operating temperature range -40 to +85
17. PIC16f877a (Base station)• 8-bit microcontroller.• 40 or 44 pin package.• 256 bytes of EEPROM data memory.• Interfaced with the input sensing devices.
18. Pin diagram of pic 16f877a motorsensoroscillator zigbee
19. MICROCONTROLLERPIC16f73 (TRAIN SIDE)• 256 bytes EEPROM.• 8 KB of flash memory.• 28 pin package.• Placed inside the train.
20. Pin diagram of pic 16f73 Tip 122oscillator zigbee
21. ZIGBEE Networking protocol IEEE 802.15.4 suite for high level communication Uses mesh network Based on OSI architecture Data rate-250 Kbits/sec
22. SERVO MOTOR Rotary actuator Modified form of DC motor Precise control of angular position Based on PWM switching
23. Inside a servo motor Gear system Potentiometer DC motor
24. Pwm switching of servo motor
25. Circuit diagram BASE STATION SIDE TRAIN SIDE
26. BASE STATION SIDE Power supply section Regulator IC (LM 7805) Lithium ion battery Sensor section Vibration sensor Communication Zigbee transceiver section
27. TRAIN SIDE Power supply section Regulator IC (LM 7805) Lithium ion battery Communication ZigBee transceiver section Brake control section Transistor(TIP 122) Relay switch
28. Collision between trains Sensor sense the vibration. More than one sensor show high value. µc sends signal to µc in train side using zigbee transceiver . Power supply will cutoff. Collision can be avoided.
29. Train derailment in curves and bends Sensor sense continuously. µc doesn’t get value. µc sends signal to µc in train side Using zigbee transceiver section Power supply will cutoff Train will be stopped.
30. Automatic railway gate control Sensor sense vibration 3 km away. Output given to µc µc give instruction to close the gate Gate is closed automatically using servomotor. Gate is opened after the train is passing
31. Continued…. Automatic railway gate control START CHECK ANY DATA PRESENT IF DATA RXED NO FROM TRAIN YES GATE CLOSED
32. OVER ALL WORKINGThe proposed model makes use of ZigBee protocol as a medium oftransferring information
34. Result and Discussion•The sensors sense the input and sends to the microcontroller, where itresponds•Gives command to the particular component with predefinedalgorithm.•The time parameters are crucial which can be easily changed andmodified using Micro-controllers.•Thus, this device would work incoherence would help to reduce the train collisions.
35. CONCLUSION In this project, an anti-collision system for trains have been designed, simulated and tested. The simulation has been done using proteus electronic simulation package Train collisions , de railing & rail road accidents are avoided. Hence it is expected that, major train mishaps can be prevented and human life saved if this system is implemented.