• Writing on the job that is
• Carefully planned
• Thoroughly researched
• Clearly presented
• Accomplish a specific goal
• Be as persuasive as possible
QUESTIONS TO ASK
• Who will read what I write?
• Identify your audience
• Why should they read what I write?
• Establish your purpose
• What do I have to say to them?
• Formulate your message
• How can I best communicate?
• Select an appropriate style and tone
Who, What, When, Where, Why, How
• Members of your audience will differ in backgrounds, experiences,
• How you picture your audience will determine what you say to
• Viewing something from the audience’s perspective will help you
select the most relevant details to provide them with
QUESTIONS TO ASK ABOUT
For the complete list, please see pages xx-xx.