The APM Hong Kong branch membership gathered once again at the Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club on Tuesay 15th July for a presentation from Tom Mehrmann, Ocean Park chief executive. Tom shared the Ocean Park story of success over the last decade, along with a view of the future.
Ocean Park has been a model of success over the last decade, which has been featured in EMBA (executive master of business administration) case studies, as well as acknowledged by the theme park industry as the best theme park in the world with the presentation of the Liseberg Applause Award for excellence in theme park management and leadership in 2012.
Achieving and sustaining success over an extended period of time requires innovative leadership. Tom Mehrmann, chief executive of Ocean Park since 2004, shared the journey and story of development and success that Ocean Park has achieved, as well as a view of the future developments that are identified for the park, which will allow it to grow from strength to strength.
In this entertaining and engaging session, Tom highlighted the following:
- an overview of the competitive landscape for theme parks in the region;
- a review of the success factors that allowed for growth;
- shared the core values of the organisation;
- an outline of the leadership principles that have been applied;
- a showcase of the key developments that led to successful results;
- provide a preview of specific projects that are identified for future development at Ocean Park.
The information shared at the presentation was applicable to many specific project management requirements.