Sample sentences• 1. This is a beach.• 2. There are many people at the beach.• 3. There is a tree in the picture.• 4. There is a bag under the tree.• 5. The mother is feeding the little boy.• 6. The girl is building a sandcastle.• 7. The father is eating a sandwich.• 8. The boys are swimming.• 9. The beach is beautiful.• 10. The people look happy.
How to score more marks ?• Use adjectives ▫ This is a beautiful beach. ▫ This is a crowded beach.• Use adverbs ▫ The boys are swimming happily. ▫ The girl is building a sandcastle diligently. ▫ The mother is feeding the little boy lovingly.
How to score more marks ?• Combine two or three simple sentences to form a compound sentence. ▫ This is a beautiful but crowded beach. ▫ There is a tree and a bag in the picture. ▫ The girl is building a sandcastle and the family is enjoying their meal. ▫ The mother is feeding the little boy while the father is eating a sandwich. ▫ The people are swimming, playing volleyball, building sandcastles and having a picnic under the tree.
Choose the best 5 sentences as yourfinal answer.• 1. This is a beautiful but crowded beach.• 2. There are many people at the beach.• 3. The people are swimming, playing volleyball, building sandcastles and having a picnic at the beach.• 4. The girl is building a sandcastle diligently while the family is having a picnic under the tree.• 5. The mother is feeding the little boy while the father is eating a sandwich.
• Making a choice and giving reasons• The scope: ▫ Choosing a product ▫ Choosing an activity ▫ Choosing a person ▫ Choosing a food product ▫ Choosing a house ▫ Choosing a pet
What can you write?• INTRODUCTION ▫ I would choose X because I think it is the best. ▫ I would choose X because it is the most suitable. ▫ I would choose X because I like it very much. ▫ I would choose X because my mother likes it very much.
• PRICE ▫ It is cheap. ▫ It is reasonable. ▫ It is not very expensive. ▫ I can afford it. ▫ It is expensive, but worth it.
• COLOUR ▫ The colours are my favourite. ▫ The colours are my father’s favourite. ▫ The colours are nice. ▫ It is attractive. ▫ I like the colours.
• MATERIALS ▫ The quality is good. ▫ It is long-lasting. ▫ It is beautiful. ▫ I like the materials.• FREE GIFT / OFFERS ▫ It is useful. ▫ I can use the free gift. ▫ My brother can use the free gift. ▫ It is interesting. ▫ I like the free gift.
• You would like to buy a handbag for your mother. Which handbag would you choose? Give reasons for your choice. ▫ I would choose Coco Leather Handbag because I think it is the most suitable. Firstly, the price is RM105.00. It is expensive, but worth it. Secondly, the material is soft leather. The quality is good. Thirdly, the colours are black, brown and red. The colours are my mother’s favourite. Finally, the free gift is a lipstick case. My mother can use the free gift. I hope my mother will be happy with my choice.
ate up – food – eating – smiled - thanked – kindness
What to do?• STEP 1: What is the story about?• STEP 2: Look at the verbs given. Try to identify the correct tense to use.• STEP 3: Write the story.• STEP 4: Read the story again. Can you make it better?
• Try to add some adjectives and adverbs. Change nouns to pronouns wherever appropriate. Form compound sentences. You may also try to add similes, idioms and proverbs to make your writing more interesting.
Similes that you can use• Girl: as white as snow• Beggar: as happy as a lark
Appropriate idioms• Girl: Second Nature• Beggar: Out Of The Blue
Adding proverbs• Beggar: Beggars cant be choosers• Girl: Its better to give than to receive
• Get into a group of 6.• Answer the questions given.• You are given 40 minutes.
The format you have to follow• Question 3-answer these questions ▫ 1. What is the story is about? ▫ 2. Name the characters? ▫ 3. Flow of the story. ▫ 4. Write down the verbs (which you can use) given/your own. ▫ 5. Any possible similes/idioms/proverbs?