ANDROID OPERATING SYSTEM
Presented by:Ashish kumar Pani
MBA 1st Semester
What is android:• Android is a operating system for mobile
devices such as smart phones and tablet
• Android specially developed for
applications.(more than 8,00,000 apps) .
• The android is an open source.
Foundation of Android:• Android, found in Palo Alto in
California,United States by Andy Rubin.October 2003.
• Google acquired Android, Inc. – August 2005.
• The Open Handset Alliance, a group of several
companies was formed - 5 November 2007.
FEATURES :Current features and specifications:• Handset layouts:The platform is adaptable to larger, VGA, 2D
graphics library, 3D graphics library based on OpenGL
ES 3.0 specifications, and traditional smart phone
• Connectivity:Android supports connectivity technologies including
GSM/EDGE, IDEN, CDMA, UMTS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi etc..
• Multiple language support:Android supports multiple languages.
• Media support:Android supports the following audio/video/still media
formats: MP3,MPEG- 4, WMV,AVI,AAC, WAV, JPEG, PNG, GIF,
• Additional hardware support:Android can use video/still cameras, touch screens, GPS,
accelerometers, gyroscopes, magnetometers, dedicated gaming
controls, proximity sensors, thermometers, accelerated 3D
graphics and many more…
• Multi-touch:Android has native support for multi-touch.
• Multitasking:Multitasking of applications, with unique handling of
memory allocation, is available.
• Screen capture :Android supports capturing a screenshot by pressing the
power and volume-down buttons at the same time.
• Tethering:Android supports tethering, which allows a phone to be
used as a wireless Wi-Fi hotspot.
ONLY FOR SMART PHONE ??
Manufacturers are making many devices not
limited only to Cell Phones.
Android OS is now running in :