•Market for kids apparel is the fastest growing industry in India .
•Children's apparel includes clothing for kids between 1 and 14 years of age.
•The market for kids' apparel in India exceeds Rs. 20,000 Crore of which around
Rs. 3000 Crore is constituted by branded kids' wear.
Figure 1: Market Size of Major Apparel segments (2007). Total size Rs122400 crores.
The market for kids wear can be classified as follows:
• Infants (0 - 6 months)
• Toddlers (7 months - 2 years)
• Kids (3 - 8 Years)
• Pre-teens (9 - 12 Years)
• Teens (13-16 Years)
“We believe that children must be happy.
It’s the only goal set for ourselves.
A happy, laughing child is one of
the best sights of life. We believe that
childhood lasts a lifetime.”
• The Brand Gini and Jony was coined with two missions :
1. International Appeal
2. Easy Recall
• Giny & Jony India Ltd. was founded by the Lakhani brothers in 1980.
• Over the 30 years, the company has emerged as a brand with a strong identity.
• GINI & JONY ventured into the organised retail, by launching an exclusive Gini & Jony
Store in 1996.
• Launched a Concept store, “Gini & Jony’s Freedom Fashion store”, the 1st lifestyle
store that racked exclusive International brands for KIDS in 2007.
Son we are
we could not
segment is not
able to afford it.
What should we
We should go for
and new segments
for that, “What
should I do ? “
Implementation of Research
Gini & Jony spread its wings,
and launched various other
brands such as GJ Jeans,
Palm Tree and Baby Dreamz.
Introducing over 700 designs
with 2 collections in a year
- Spring Summer
- Autumn Winter.
How should I
should I ask?
Gini & Jony Happy Style
• ‘Gini & Jony – Happy Style’ is a niche mother brand of the Company.
• Positioning: Super premium.
• Key attributes :-Innocence, Happiness, energy and cutting edge style along with
rich design and superior fabric
• Segments : Young customers belonging to SEC A, A+ section of society in the age
group of 2 years up to 14 years.
• Price Point: Rs. 325/- up to Rs. 1345/-.
• Presence: Every premium large format stores, Malls & A-Class Multi-branded
stores across the country. The brand has pan India presence with Exclusive stores
in high streets & malls.
• ‘GJ Jeans Unltd’ is mainly a denim-based brand
• Positioning:- As a premium offering
• Key Attributes:- Focuses on international styling & fits, innovative treatments and
washes on denim fabric.
• Segment:-SEC A, A+ section of customers in kids wear segment, the Brand is
focused on the kids in the age group of 2 to 14
• Price point :- Range of Rs. 295/- up to Rs.1295/-.
• Gini & Jony has an in-house research & development (R&D) team which is
constantly involved in experimenting with various techniques on denim to develop
exclusive attributes for company’s products.
• Positioning: Mid-market product.
• Key Attributes: Affordable pricing without compromising on quality and style.
• Segment: SEC B+, B categories residing in the suburbs of A /B & C Class towns.
• Price Point: Price range between Rs. 175/- up to Rs.795/-, age group of 2 to 14.
• Gini & Jony Rocky S makes kids’ clothes in the same style as their adult versions that are so
popular with film stars, without sacrificing any of the spunk and funk that made the label so
trendy. The products are available in print-size, medium, large and extra large kid versions,
they are irresistible to the discerning parent.
• The whimsical patterns and cuts from one of the best names in Bollywood and international
fashion. Style that lets your little stars show off their fun-loving and groovy personalities.
• Bold contrasting cuts and punchy colors and textures make Rocky S a stand-out in fashion.
Available in print-size, medium, large and extra large kid versions, they are irresistible to the
• Gini and Jony has licensee franchisee for distribution of Puma Kids Wear in India.
• The product category is meant for the infant between the age group of 0 to 18
• The product includes: Apparels, Cradles, socks and accessories for infants with the
price ranging from Rs 150 to 500/-.
• The target audience is the Middle Class upwards.
:: Brand Strength ::
Gini & Jony a flagship brand of the company
enjoys top of mind recall.
It has strong brands to offer from its portfolio.
These are both in-house
and those from International alliances.
Ideal area required - 1200-1500 sq.ft.
GINI & JONY – Freedom Fashion
It meets Kids' Lifestyle requirements, offering a variety of
world class brands for apparels, shoes, accessories and
more, all under one roof.
Powering through with the Mantra – 'Happy Style',
Gini & Jony has brought smiles to many little faces.
Ideal area requirement – 600-800 sq.ft
Ideal area requirement – 500-700 sq.ft
Value brand providing good quality and trendy apparels at
an affordable price. It caters to a vast audience in tier 2 & tier 3 cities.
Ideal area requirement – 350 -500 sq.ft.
A brand exclusively for Infants in the age group – 0 to 4 yrs;
with the best in Cradles, Shoes, Socks, Apparels and much more.
The ideal area requirement for this outlet is 500-700 sq.ft
Exclusive Brand Outlets
In more than 79 cities