2. Contents Introduction History Main functionality Browser’s main components working of each components Features Future Trends and Ongoing research Conclusion
3. History The first web browser was invented in 1990 by Sir Tim Berners-Lee. It was called WorldWideWeb (no spaces) and was later renamed Nexus.Later -Microsoft responded with its Internet Explorer in 1995. Opera debuted in 1996. -In 1998,mozila foundation released firefox . -Apples Safari had its first beta release in January 2003.e.t.c
4. MainfunctionalityThe browser mainfunctionality is topresent the webresource you chooseby requesting itfrom server anddisplay it on thebrowser window
5. Web browsers communicate with web servers primarily using HTTP (hyper-text transfer protocol) to fetch webpages. Web Pages are located by means of a URL (uniform resource locator), which is treated as an address. Many browsers also support a variety of other URL types and their corresponding protocols, such as ftp: for FTP (file transfer protocol), and https: for HTTPS (an SSL encrypted version of HTTP).
9. Rendering Process Load the HTML Parse it Apply styles Build frames Layout the frames (flow) Paint the frames display
10. Rendering Engine The responsibility of the rendering engine is rendering, that is display of the requested contents on the browser screen. By default the rendering engine can display HTML and XML documents and images. It can display other types through a plug-in (a browser extension). An example is displaying PDF using a PDF viewer plug-in.
12. Conclusion Web Browser is efficient application for fetching resources. It uses different protocol . Rendering Engine responsible for displaying webpages Parser helps in translation of html. It provides many functionality such as plug in. They’ll help the web community imagine and create a future of great, innovative web apps.