1. Base Camp PresentationHow to talk about Redox Signaling Gary Samuelson, Ph.D.
2. Redox Signaling is an Exploding Field of ScienceBooks•Redox Biochem •Ruma Banerjee Journals Conferences•Antioxidant and Redox •The Gordon Research Regulation of Genes •Antiox & Redox Signaling Conference on Thiol‐based •Chandan K Sen •Physiol Genomics Redox Regulation and Signaling•Redox Signaling in Biology and •Am. J. of Physiology •4th International Conference Medicine on Oxidative/Nitrosative Stress •Claus Jacob •The J. of Immunology and Disease •Redox‐Mediated Signal •PNAS •International Symposium on Transduction: Methods and •Arteriosclerosis, Thromb. the Pathophysiology of Protocols Reactive Oxygen and Nitrogen •John T Hancock Vasc. Species •Redox Protemics •Hundreds More •Many more •Nick Lane•And More
3. Signaling Molecules in ASEA Come From Salt and Water Salt Na+ Cl - Water H H O N N O H Nitrogen H REDuction OXidation H H H Super Hydrogen OxidesPeroxide O O O O More Cl Nitric than 20 H Hypo N O Oxide Molecule O chlorites s … … …
4. Do we need to become experts in Redox Biochemistry? Answer: No Dr. Ruma Banerjee
5. What are Redox Signaling Molecules?• They are produced inside our cells• They help cells communicate with each other• They help tissues heal themselves• The redox signaling molecules in ASEA are actual molecules made from salt and water
6. How Do Redox Signaling Molecules Work?• They help cells communicate with each other• They increase the “bars” on our “cell phones”• When our cells have a problem, they need to talk to each other• If they cannot talk the problems become worse• If they can talk, the problems can be solved
7. Cells Need to Communicate!!! Cell Cell C C e e ll ll Mail Mail box box
8. Cells are Like Houses that Shelter Life‐ Sustaining ActivityFireplace, Furnace, Stove, Heaters ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐> MitochondriaMail Slots and Sorting ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐> Receptors, Vesicles, GolgiAppliances, Tools, etc. ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐> MicromachinesWalls, Floors, Plumbing, Wires ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐> Membranes, tubules
9. We can think of Cells as Houses Along Streets C C e e l l l l M ai M l ai b l o b x o x C C e e l Blood l lStreet l Vessel M ai M l ai b l o b x o x C C e e l l l l M ai M l ai b l o b x o x
10. Cells live in Communities Where They Must Communicate to Survive
11. When Cells Have a ProblemThey Need Emergency Response C CC C C e ee e e l ll l l l ll l l M M M M M ai aiai ai ai l ll l l b bb b b o oo o o x xx x x C C C C e e e e l l l l l l l l M M M M M M ai ai ai ai ai ai l l l l l l b b b b b b o o o o o o x x x x x x C C C CC e e e ee l l l ll l l l ll M M M MM ai ai ai ai ai l l l ll b b b b b o o o o o x x x xx
12. Redox Signaling Helps Cells Detect the Extent of the DamageNormal Healthy Cells Have Fires and Smoke (Controlled Oxidation )When the Fire and Smoke Get out of Controll, Cells need Help
13. What Happens When Cells Need Help?• They must be able to send a “redox” signal• Redox Signaling Molecules carry the signals• Fire Marshalls see these “smoke” signals and call in the fire crew• Fire Crews put out the fires (with antioxidants) and help repair the damage or destroy and rebuild the house
14. Why Do I Need Redox Signaling Molecules?• Your body has tens of billions of cells that need repair or replacement every day, even more if you are sick or sore• As you age and especially if you are sick you do not have enough redox signaling molecules to handle the demand• If your cells are not able to call for help, they will continue to “burn” (oxidize) and will not be repaired or replaced fast enough
15. Does Your Brain and Nervous System Need to Be Protected and Repaired?
16. Does Your Heart and Veins Need to be Repaired?
17. Do Your Muscles Need to Be Repaired?
18. If You Answered “Yes” to Any of These, You Need Redox Signaling Molecules!
20. Innovation: Infuse Balanced Redox Signaling Molecules (Lost by Aging or Stress) back into Tissues
21. Redox Signaling Technology is Destined to Fuel the Greatest Advances in Medical Science This Century• Redox Signaling is fundamental to all biological multi‐cellular processes• It is non‐specific, non‐toxic and applicable to a broad range of processes and pathways• It is at the very core of mediating and regulating the mechanisms that restore functionality and health
22. Increasing Proper Redox Signaling in Your Body is the Single Most Important Thing You Can Do For Your Health• Redox Signaling is absolutely necessary for all living things on earth with more than one cell• Redox Signaling Molecules in proper balance cannot hurt you, they are in all of your cells already, you just need more of them to keep the cells healthy• You need Redox Signaling Molecules so that your body can restore and maintain its health
23. Stable Balanced Redox Signaling Molecules in ASEA Confirmed• ASEA contains a balance of ROS and RS • Fluorescent Indicators Detect ROS Components in ASEA• ESR and EPR methods were used to verify existence of stable ROS components• Low Temperature Mass Spectroscopy used find several ionic components of ASEA
24. ASEA Generates and Enhances Antioxidants with Zero Toxic Effects • ASEA causes no signs of toxicity on human cells, even on a genetic level• ASEA causes a significant increase (500%) in the effectiveness of Antioxidants• ASEA causes enhanced detection of damaged cells• ASEA causes increased messenger sensitivity• ASEA causes old (senescent) cells to revive
25. Scientists Have Proven that There Are Redox Signaling Molecules in ASEA• ASEA contains the same balance of Redox Signaling Molecules that already exist in the fluids inside your body, cells and tissues• Complex analysis has been done to prove that ASEA has Redox Signaling Molecules and that they are safe• ASEA helps put out the fires in your body, helps the body restore the cells proper function and causes damaged cells to revitalize
26. Groundwork Toward Redox Signaling Development• Can stable complexes of Redox Signaling Molecules be manufactured? YES.• Can the bioactivity of such be characterized? YES.• Can such complexes be non‐toxic and readily absorbed? YES.• Can such a technology be commercialized? It is up to you!
27. The Most Effective Way to Take ASEA• Pour into a clean glass measuring cup• 2 oz. twice a day – maintenance dose• 4 oz. twice daily – mild challenges• 8 oz. twice daily – severe challenges• ½ oz twice daily or spray in mouth – reduce detox symptoms• Do not eat 5 min. before or after taking ASEA
28. Can We Tell the Story of the Science of ASEA So That Everyone Can Understand It and Repeat it? If we can ASEA will make it into more of the hands that need it