1. On the Turning Away Pink Floyd - 1987 On the wings of the night On the turning away As the daytime is slurring From the pale and downtrodden Where the speechless unite And the words they say In a silent accord Which we wont understand Using words you will find are strange "Dont accept that whats happening And mesmerized as they light the flame Is just a case of others suffering Feel the new wind of change Or youll find that youre joining in On the wings of the night The turning away" Its a sin that somehow No more turning away Light is changing to shadow From the weak and the weary And casting its shroud No more turning away Over all we have known From the coldness inside Unaware how the ranks have grown Just a world that we all must share Driven on by a heart of stone Its not enough just to stand and stare We could find that were all alone Is it only a dream that therell be In the dream of the proud No more turning away?
2. Not to Touch the Earth The Doors - 1968Not to touch the EarthNot to see the SunNothing left to do, but run, run, runLets run, lets run Run with me Run with meHouse upon the hill Run with meMoon is lying still Lets run!Shadows of the treesWitnessing the wild breeze Some outlaws live by the side of a lakeCome on, baby, run with me The ministers daughters in love with the snakeLets run Who lives in a well by the side of the road Wake up, girl, were almost homeRun with meRun with me We should see the gates by mornin‘Run with me We should be inside by eveninLets run! Sun, sun, sunThe mansion is warm at the top of the hill Burn, burn, burnRich are the rooms and the comforts there Soon, soon, soonRed are the arms of luxuriant chairs Moon, moon, moonAnd you wont know a thing till you get inside I will get you Soon!Dead presidents corpse in the drivers car Soon!The engine runs on glue and tar Soon!Come on along, not goin very farTo the East to meet the Czar I am the Lizard King I can do anything
3. Sympathy for the Devil The Rolling Stones - 1968Please allow me to introduce myselfIm a man of wealth and tasteIve been around for a long long year stolen many mans soul and faithI was around when Jesus Christ had His moment of doubt and painMade damn sure that Pilate washed his hands and sealed His fatePleased to meet you hope you guess my nameBut whats puzzling you is the nature of my game And I lay traps for troubadours who get killed before they reach BombayStuck around St. Petersburg when I saw it was a Pleased to meet you hope you guess my name. Oh yeah time for a change But whats puzzling you is the nature of my game. OhKilled the Tzar and his ministers, Anastasia yeah screamed in vain Pleased to meet you hope you guess my nameI rode a tank held a generals rank when the But whats puzzling you is the nature of my game blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank Just as every cop is a criminal and all the sinners, SaintsPleased to meet you hope you guess my name. as heads is tails, just call me Lucifer cause Im in need Oh yeah of some restraintAh whats puzzling you is the nature of my So if you meet me, have some courtesy have some game. Oh yeah sympathyI watched the glee while your kings and queens and some taste fought for ten decades for the Gods they made Use all your well learned politesse or Ill lay your soul to wasteI shouted out "Who killed the Kennedys?" when Pleased to meet you hope you guess my name after all it was you and me But whats puzzling you is the nature of my gameLet me please introduce myself Im a man of
4. Where the Streets Have No Name U2 - 1987 The citys aflood And our love turns to rustI wanna run Were beaten and blown by the windI want to hide Trampled in dustI wanna tear down the walls Ill show you a placeThat hold me inside High on a desert plainI wanna reach out Where the streets have no nameAnd touch the flameWhere the streets have no name Where the streets have no name Where the streets have no nameI want to feel Were still buildingSunlight on my face Then burning down loveI see the dust cloud disappear Burning down loveWithout a trace And when I go thereI want to take shelter from the poison rain I go there with youWhere the streets have no name Its all I can doWhere the streets have no name Our love turns to rustWhere the streets have no name Were beaten and blown by the windWere still building Blown by the windThen burning down love Oh, and I see our loveBurning down love See our love turn to rustAnd when I go there Oh, were beaten and blown by the windI go there with you Blown by the windIts all I can do Oh, when I go there I go there with you
5. Serve the Servants Nirvana - 1993Teenage angst has paid off wellNow Im bored and oldSelf-appointed judges judgeMore than they have sold I just want you to know that IIf she floats than she is not Dont hate you anymore There is nothing I could sayA Witch what we have thought That I havent thought beforeA down payment on anotherOne at Salems lot Serve the Servants - oh no Serve the Servants - oh noServe the Servants - oh no Serve the Servants - oh no Serve the ServantsServe the Servants - oh no That legendary divorce is such a boreServe the Servants - oh noServe the Servants (solo)That legendary divorce is such a bore Serve the Servants - oh no Serve the Servants - oh no Serve the Servants - oh noAs my bones grew they did hurt Serve the Servants - oh noThey hurt really bad Serve the Servants - oh noI tried hard to have a father Serve the ServantsBut instead I had a dad That legendary divorce is such a bore
6. Stop Whispering Radiohead - 1993And the wise man say I dont want to hear your voiceAnd the thin man say I dont want to hear your voiceAnd theyre cursing me, and they wont let me beAnd theres nothing to say, and theres nothing to do.Stop Whispering, start shoutingStop Whispering, start shouting Dear sir, I have a complaint. Dear sir, I have a complaint.And my mother say we spit on your son some more Cant remember what it is.And the buildings say we spit on your face some moreAnd the feeling is, that theres something wrong Doesnt matter anyway.Cause I cant find the words and I cant find the Doesnt matter anyway songs. Stop Whispering, stop whisperingStop Whispering, start shouting Stop Whispering, stopStop Whispering, start shouting whispering
7. GardenPearl Jam - 1991 After all is done, and were still alone I wont be taken, yet Ill go...with my hands bound I will walk...with my face blood I will walk...with my shadow flagShe dont wander in...dont wander in here, she... Into your garden, garden of stoneShe dont wander in here...dont wander in here... I dont show...I dont share...The direction of the eye, so misleading I dont need, yeah...What you have to give...The defection of the soul, nauseously quickI dont question, our existence Oooh, I will walk...with my hands boundI just question, our modern needs I will walk...with my face blood I will walk...with my shadow flagShe dont wander in...dont wander in here, she... Into your garden, garden...oh...She dont wander in here... I will walk with my hands boundI will walk...with my hands bound I will walk into your garden, garden of stone...I will walk...with my face bloodI will walk...with my shadow flag I dont know...I dont care...Into your garden, garden of stone… I dont need you for me to live...yeah, yeah, yeah
8. For Whom the Bell Tolls Metallica - 1984Make his fight on the hill in the early dayConstant chill deep insideShouting gun, on they run through the endless grayOn they fight, for they are right, yes, but whos to say?For a hill, men would kill. Why? They do not knowStiffened wounds test their prideMen of five, still alive through the raging glowGone insane from the pain that they surely knowFor whom the bell tollsTime marches onFor whom the bell tollsTake a look to the sky just before you dieIts the last time you willBlackened roar, massive roar, fills the crumbling skyShattered goal fills his soul with a ruthless cryStranger now are his eyes to this mysteryHe hears the silence so loudCrack of dawn, all is gone except the will to beNow they see what will be, blinded eyes to seeFor whom the bell tollsTime marches onFor whom the bell tolls
9. Goodbye Blue Sky Pink Floyd - 1979"Look mummy, theres an aeroplane up in the sky"Did-did-did-did-you see the frightened ones?Did-did-did-did-you hear the falling bombs?Did-did-did-did-you ever wonder why we had to run for shelterWhen the promise of a brave new worldUnfurled beneath a clear blue sky?Did-did-did-did-you see the frightened ones?Did-did-did-did-you hear the falling bombs?The flames are all long gone, but the pain lingers on.Goodbye, blue skyGoodbye, blue sky.Goodbye.
10. Pray Your Gods Toad the Wet Sprocket - 1991I will give the secrets you request I feel my body weakened by the yearsand you will be the one to sacrifice. as people turn to gods of cruel design.So lay your olive arms upon my breast Is it that they fear the pain of deathand sing the poems; free the butterflies or could it be they fear the joy of life?Pray your gods who ask you for your blood. Pray your gods who hold you by your fear.For they are strong and angry jealous ones For they are quick and ruthless punishersor lay upon my altar now your love. or lay upon my altar now your love.I fear my time is short, I fear my day is done,there are armies moving close; there are armies moving on;be quick, my love. be quick, my love.
11. Dust in the Wind Kansas - 1977 I close my eyes, only for a moment, and the moments gone All my dreams, pass before my eyes, a curiosity Dust in the wind, all they are is dust in the wind Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea All we do, crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see Dust in the wind, All we are is dust in the wind Dont hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky It slips away, and all your money wont another minute buy Dust in the wind, All we are is dust in the wind Dust in the wind, Everything is dust in the wind