Be the first to like this
After another question about “calculating the scorecard index” I understood that some of our clients don’t have a clear understanding of the math that stands behind a KPI, its performance, and the scorecard. I decided to create a “101”-level presentation that explains the basics of KPI from the mathematical point of view:
It is based on the article:
Reviewed topics are:
- Calculating the performance using “min” and “max” of an indicator;
- Using linear and non-linear functions for the performance;
- Calculating the progress from the baseline towards target;
- Introduction of the indicator “weight” to reflect a relevant importance of an indicator;
- Calculating the total performance index of the scorecard.
Please, share your thoughts about the scorecards as a tool:
-- For what task do you use them?
-- Do you define the relevant importance of indicators on the scorecard?
-- Do you calculate and use the total performance index?