1. audio dial-in access code note1-312-878-0511 200-449-250 slides are currently available on the Everbridge blog blog.everbridge.com twitter.com/everbridge facebook.com/everbridgeinc youtube.com/user/everbridge
2. Top 10 Emergency NotificationPredictions for 2011Rick WimberlyPresident, Galain Solutions, Inc.
3. About Everbridge• Leader in incident notification systems• Fast-growing global company with more than 1,000 clients in more than 100 countries• Serve the Global 2000, healthcare systems, state and local government, federal government, military, financial services firms, and universities• 100% focused on incident notification solutions that merge technology and expertise 3
4. AgendaPart 1: Presentation Top 10 Emergency Notification Predictions for 2011Part 2: Q&A 4
5. Note:Q&A slides are currently available to everyone on blog.everbridge.com Use the Q&A function to submit your questions. 5
6. Top 10 Emergency NotificationPredictions for 2011:Rick WimberlyPresident, Galain Solutions, Inc.
7. 1 IPAWS builds momentum • Emergency Alert System (EAS) matures – first national test conducted • IPAWS visibility will increase • More will learn about Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS)
8. IPAWS in Action Alerting Alert Origination Public Alerting Authorities > Tools > Systems > Public Mobile Cell Phones and Local Pagers Commercial Mobile Alert Services Radio (CMAS) AM, FM, Satellite State IPAWS TV Emergency Compliant Alert System Digital, Analog, Cable, Tools and Satellite (EAS) Tribal (Commercial & Government products IPAWS OPEN i.e. alert & notification National Weather Weather systems, incident Service Radio management tools) Internet Territorial Web Browsers, Sites, Existing Systems and Widgets Future Systems Federal ENS, Sirens, (President of FM RBDS, the United States) Digital Signage, Accessibility Devices
9. 2 CAP is king Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) is an XML- based data format for exchanging public warnings and emergencies between alerting technologies. CAP allows a warning message to be consistently disseminated simultaneously over many warning systems to many applications. CAP increases warning effectiveness and simplifies the task of activating a warning for responsible officials.
10. The future for CAP • Adoption will increase through IPAWS and beyond • Will show up in RFPs • More vendors will comply • Could become condition of funding
11. 3 Broadcasters – public safety unite Momentum forged by • New EAS equipment requirements • National EAS test • Convergence of interests Commercial Service Regulatory
12. 4 Integration moves forward • System of systems catches on • Disparate systems become troublesome
13. 5 Social media takes hold • Experimentation continues • Still figuring it out • New tools will emerge
14. 6 Need for independent guidance • Bewildering array of options & “voices” • Integration more important • IPAWS more important Determine Needs • Help available Outreach RFP Development Independent Guidance Option Procedures Evaluation Integration
15. 7 Healthcare & education plug in • Major growth in these areas • Need for collaboration becomes more acute
16. 8 Greater academic focus, new research Reliance grows – gaps understood • New center being formed • IPAWS mission “make alerts more effective” • EMI considering training
17. 9 Focus on data quality • Data gaps become more obvious - Today, data changes rapidly – usual sources need supplementing - Citizen sign-ups still low • Solutions?
18. 10 Citizens want more • Won’t understand why they aren’t alerted • People with disabilities, older adults, and those with limited English proficiency will be more vocal • Better solutions will be expected
20. Missed anything?Q&A Slides are currently available on blog.everbridge.com Use the Q&A function to submit your questions. 20
21. Incident notification solutions addresscommon communication challenges• Communicate quickly, easily, and • Reduce miscommunications and efficiently with large numbers of control rumors with accurate, people in minutes, not hours, making consistent messages sure that the lines of communication are open • Satisfy regulatory requirements• Receive feedback from your with extensive and complete messages by using polling reporting of communication attempts capabilities to know who needs and two-way acknowledgements immediate assistance or who can from recipients come to work • Deliver prepared and timed• Ensure two-way communications messages to each audience group, to stay in contact with message by function, by scenario receivers 21
22. Missed anything?Never fear, the recording and slides fromtoday’s webinar are just a click away.facebook.com/everbridgeinctwitter.com/everbridge Reminder Everbridge Insights webinars qualify for Continuing Education Activity Points (CEAPs) for DRI certifications. Visit www.drii.org to register your credit. Item Number (Schedule II): 26.1 Activity Group: A 1 Point for each webinar 22
23. CommunicationContact information resources White papers, literature, case studies www.everbridge.com/resources Upcoming webinars:Rick Wimberly System Demo (March 3) firstname.lastname@example.org Follow us:Emergency Management Magazine Blog: blog.everbridge.comwww.emergencymgmt.com/emergency-blogs/alerts twitter.com/everbridge1-615-207-5074 facebook.com/everbridgeinc youtube.com/user/everbridgeMarc Ladinmarc.email@example.com