student “risk” motivator
Improves self- Bridges home-
confidence school divide
for “real” speaking into
audience REAL work
• It’s FREE!! For schools and
• Sound recorder AND editor.
• Captures interest.
• Professional results.
• Real audience.
• It’s intuitive to use.
You will need:
• Audacity on your machines and a LAME
encoder. Download Audacity from http://
• Microphone / headphones / speakers
• A script
TO MAKE YOUR RECORDING
• Check that the sound levels are set correctly and
that you have the “microphone” set properly
• Click the red record button to record your voice.
N.B. You know it’s recording when you see the
• It is better to just let the track record and ignore mistakes
and errors. They can be edited later.
• The first step in editing is to use the Selection Tool to
highlight the audio required.
• To increase sound, select Effect and then Amplify
• To cut out a cough or mistake, select Edit and then Cut
or simply click on the scissors icon
SAVING YOUR WORK
• Go to “file” and then go down to “export project
as mp3”. (This will mean that you can use it
however you want afterwards.)
• Audacity cannot encode MP3 files on its own. It
needs to use a file called lame_enc.dll.
• The first time and first time only you are
converting to MP3 you will be told Audacity
cannot encode the track and needs to find
another file. When you do so, you will have a
browser come up and you look for the file
lame_enc.dll. Select this file and Audacity will
do the rest for you.
IDEAS FOR AUDACITY
Podcasting by you, older pupils for younger
pupils or in a class setting
• Vocabulary lists
• Sample GCSE answers
• Individual pupil presentations
• Dialogues & interviews between pupils
• Grammar explanations
• Get pupils to save it onto their mp3
players / iPods
• Upload it to your newly created blog or
wiki for pupils to access
• Upload it to a “podcasting platform” such
as Podomatic www.podomatic.com
• Make Vokis www.voki.com
Gostou de algum slide específico?
Recortar slides é uma maneira fácil de colecionar informações para acessar mais tarde.