1. Introduction I’m here going to present about a day in life of the cabin crew. Embarkation procedure for cabin crew. Pre-flight checks. On ground. After take off. Before landing. after landing Disembarkation procedure for cabin crew.
3. Content• Airline : Cathay pacific.• Flight destination : Bangalore to Hongkong.• Aircraft type : Airbus 330-320• Flying timing : 5.00hr.• Reporting time : 1:30am• Departure time : 3.00am.• Meal service : Break fast.• Arrival time : 11.30(local time)
4. Cathay pacific A 330..
5. Airbus 330
6. A 330 My position on board is Flight steward. I’m handling R1 Airframe detailsDOOR Aircraft type A 330-342R1 L1 Engine 2R2 L2 First flight 23-5-1995R3 L3 Age 15.6 yearsR4 L4 Range Long Airframe status Active PAX 294
7. Arranged my items previous days itself Uniforms must be cleaned and pressed. Passport. Flight documents. Shoes. Socks. Belts. Watches. Eye wear. Name Badges. Blazer.
8. 1 hour before ready for transportationWake up at 23.00 and shave clean and trim and wear my uniform and be ready.The shaffer driven will come at 24.00.The driver will take my babbage and I get into the car.Cab will reach airport at 1.00.I catch the shuttle bus and I will go to the briefing room.
9. 1 hour before ready for transportation
10. 1.00am-1.15am go before 15min to the briefing room.Arriving 15 minutes earlier has given me time to check my cabin manual to refresh myself with the emergency procedures and location of emergency equipment for the aircraft I operating on for this flight.
11. 1:15 – 1:45 The pre-flight brief. I’m going to the pre-flight briefing which is being held on the briefing room and the senior crew talks through the flight details. This will normally include the order in which the services will operate for the flight, our responsibilities for the day and if there are any passengers with special needs flying i.e. you may be given the responsibility to explain the emergency facilities to a blind passenger on the particular aircraft you are operating on. I should also be prepared to be asked questions regarding safety and emergency procedures for that aircraft.
12. The pre-flight brief
13. 1.45am-2.00am Embarkation procedure for cabin crew Breath analyzer. At the time of check-in the cabin crew hands over baggage which is checked by the airport security and sealed. Anything which is above the weight limit or which is not allowed to be carried is usually handed over to the Agent at the time of check-in. Getting the landing permit for immigration. Security will check the cabin crew and allow to get in to the aircraft.
14. Embarkation procedure for cabin crew
15. 2.00am- Check aircraft It’s now time for me and my team to check that have enough meals, drinks and duty free for the passengers, stock all the toilets with the necessary hand towels and tissues making sure its kept clean and tidy throughout the whole flight and the emergency equipments.1) Asbestos Gloves. 13) Smoke goggles.2) Fire axes. 14) Manual release tools.3) Exit/door with slide rafts. 15) Life vest.4) Radio beacon. 16) Descent device.5) First-aid –kit. 17) Oxygen bottles with first-aid mask.6) Physician’s kit. 18) Oxygen bottles with full-face mask.7) Fire-extinguisher Halon.8) Fire-extinguisher- Water.9) Harness.10) Megaphone.11) Seat belts.12) Safety barrier straps.
16. Emergency equipments Pre-flight check. In correct location.Asbestos gloves In correct location. Secured with strafes.Fire axe Needle on the pressure cage should be in The green go band. Slide
17. Pre-flight check In location. Secured with strafes.Radio beacon In location. Secured with strafes. Doctor certificate intact. Check expiry date (6 months). Yellow plastic seal intact not red seal. Number on the seal should be same as First aid kit on the certificate.
18. Pre-flight check In correct location. Secured with strafes. Doctor certificate intact. Expiry date (6 months). Yellow plastic seal should be insert and not red. Number on the seal same as number on the Physician’s kit doctor certificate. In location. Secured with starts. Safety pin intact. Check the expiry date.Fire extinguishers halon
19. Pre-flight check In location. Secured with strafes. Wire seal intent.Fire extinguishers water Expiry date. In correct location Secured with strafes. Press the push to talk button if you getting the sound or not Check the battery. Megaphone
21. Pre-flight check Orange life vest is only for crew. In locationLife vest for crew Count the number. Yellow life vest is only for passenger. Random check under the PAX seatLife vest for passenger for availability and spare life vest on the overhead compartment In location Descent device
22. Pre-flight check In location. Secured with straps. Pressure cage should be In green zone and not red zone. Mask should available. Oxygen gas In location. Secured with straps. Pressure cage should be In green zone and not red zone.Oxygen full covered Mask should available.
23. 02:30 – greet the passengerNow the passengers are on the way, this is my final chance to check that my uniform is immaculate and presentable, all that’s left to do is smile and greet the passengers as they board and help them to find their seats if needed.Remember I’m the face of the airline so plenty of welcoming smiles are essential.
24. Greeting the passenger
25. 02:50 - Preparation to take off It is now time to perform the safety demonstration so passengers can familiarize themselves with all the aircrafts emergency facilities. This will include pointing out the available emergency exits and lighting, the use of oxygen masks, seat belts and life jacket. Crew will complete the demonstration by checking through the cabin ensuring seatbelts are fastened and loose articles are secure for take off. Crew will announce to the passenger to sit appride. All the passengers are now seated and the aircraft pushes back and prepares to run on the runway. Crew will now take their seat for take off.
26. Preparation to take off
27. 03:10 - Services during the flight Once the aircraft is airborne crew will be released from the seat. Crew will perform the duties as discussed in the pre-flight brief and now its time to start work.Services which can be offered in the following: Headsets for the in house entertainment Drinks service Breakfast service Tea & Coffee Cold towels offered to passengers to freshen up after their meal Clearing & collecting the meal trays from the passenger Duty free goods. During this time you must also remember to check the toilets every 20 minutes to make sure that they are clean and stocked up. Deal with a number of questions and queries and most importantly maintain the safety and comfort for all of the passengers. Then crew will give the disembarkation form to passenger.
28. Services during the flight
29. 11:30(local time) - Landing at Hongkong airport Crew will finish the service and take their seats for landing. Once landed crew must say goodbye to the passengers. After duties to include are restocking the bars for the drinks service, catering, toilets, take out any rubbish from the seat pockets and ensuring all passengers have reading literature i.e. airline magazine, safety card, in-flight sales brochure and a sick bag. Crew will have to complete a security check to ensure no one has left any suspecting packages on board as this is obviously taken very seriously.
30. Landing at Hongkong airport
31. Disembarkation from Hongkong airport
32. Area of rest
33. Area of restAfter disembarkation from airport.I get into the Shaffer driven car.The cab will take to the hotel.I enjoy the facilities of hotel and planning for next day.
34. Bibliographywww.wikipedia.comwww.A day work of cabin crew.comAviation module.Answer.comwww.anna.aero/wp-cwww.cabincrew.comwww.forumofjetphotos.comwww.cathaypacific.com
35. ConclusionFrom this I understood a day work of cabin crew. Embarkation and disembarkation procedure..I conclude the assignment is great experience for me.