On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
NAME OF THE COMPANY
Enter your company name here
What is your big vision?
• Please share a 5 year vision
• Do you wish to make a hospital or
How big is the market size for your product/service (in Rs Crores)?
•Mention the current
market size for 1 year
How fast is it growing (%)?
• Please mention numbers
• Take assumptions where
perfect numbers are not
• After the workshop, you
can check and validate
Who is your target customer?
What problem are you solving for him/her?
can be individuals
• Everyone cannot
be your customer,
be as specific as
• Assign 1 member
in your group the
role of a customer
Describe your product/service
How will you make it?
•Are you saving time,
reducing cost or giving
• Idea ≠ Product (1 lakh
car is an idea, Nano is a
What are the alternatives to your product/service and how are you better?
• Inputs for making
product and output that
customer gets are both
How will you sell?
Where will you sell?
•Sales can be done in multiple ways (online/offline, direct/indirect etc.)
• Mention steps for the sales process
• Assume 1 team member is a customer – how will sell to him/her?
• Even a website has to sell!
No of Cust.
• Mention at least 5 ways of marketing to your customers - how much it
will cost, along with how many customers are expected to come, when
will you do this.
• Think of your launch plans, how you will introduce your product in
What are your future milestones?
What has been the progress till now (is it a concept, or prototype is ready)?
PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE
Product 1 ____________________
Product 2 ____________________
Product 3 ____________________
As your consumers
you will launch and
when will you
Who is your existing & likely competition?
What are their strengths/weaknesses?
Why are you different?
* If you think there is no competition, there will be 3 that you don’t know
•Win your customers by beating the competition!
Who are your key distribution and technology partners (current & future)?
How dependent are you on these partners?
What is your revenue model?
Average no of customers per month =
Average payment by a customer =
Total Revenue =
• You can have more than one revenue model, mention numbers for all.
• It can be product/service sales, advertising, fees, commissions etc.
• Revenue = Value (payment by customer) * Volume (no of customers)
How much money are you raising and at what valuation?
What will the money be spent on?
How long will it last?
FINANCIAL PLAN TEMPLETE
Profit & Loss
No of Units Sold
Price per unit
No of Units
Variable Cost per Unit
Total Variable Cost
Profit Before Tax
Tax @ 30%
Profit After Tax
August September October November December January February