Writing bibliography in different styles new copyPresentation Transcript
WRITING BIBLIOGRAPHY INDIFFERENT STYLESBYARUN.MKVM COLLEGE
WRITING BIBLIOGRAPHY IN DIFFERENT STYLESAPA (American Psychological Association)StyleEg:BookMorales, L. (1987). The history of Cuba. NewYork: Franklin Watts.Ellington, W., Jr., & Henrickson, E.B.(1995). The elements of dance (3rd ed.). NewYork: Macmillan.
• Book ChapterTizol, W.P. (1976). Brain function andmemory. In J.M.O. Corney & H.L. Center(Eds.), An inside look at what we think weknow. (pp. 154-184). Springfield, IL: AmericanPsychiatric Press.
• Journal ArticleBauzá,R.H.(1982).Manitobanematodes. Journal of CoolNematodes, 10, 252-264.Gillespie, R.C., & Tupac, R.M. (1976). Howconfident people dance. American Dancing,225, 82-90.
• Magazine ArticlePozo, E. R. (2008, November 19). The way sheloved me. Personal Literature, 290, 1113-1120.• Newspaper ArticleAmazing women. (1955, January 12). TheJournal News, pp. D11, D14.
• Electronic Journal Article (print version)Rodriguez, G., Puente, S., & Mayfield , J.(2001). Role of upbringing in family attitudes.[Electronic version]. Journal of FamilyResearch, 5, 117-123.• WebsiteSummers,M.(2007) Coolscenes.RetrievedAugust27,2007,fromhttp://coolscenesilove.edu/
7) Thesis or dissertation (unpublished):Best, J. W. (1948). An analysis of certainselected factors underlying the choice ofteaching as a profession. Unpublisheddoctoral dissertation, University of Wisconsin,Madison.
VANCOUVER STYLE• Article: Single authorAuthor. Title. Title of journal. Date of publication;volume(issue):page numbers• Eg. Glucksman MS. Conducting business. Omni .1991;13(7):6-10Notes• There should be no spaces between the date, volumenr, issue number and page numbers.• Do not use italics or underlining for the title.• Only the first word of a journal or book title arecapitalised.
• Article: Multiple authorsAuthors. Title. Title of journal. Date of publication;volume(issue):page numbersEg. You CH, Lee KY, Chey YW, Menguy R. Electrogastrographicstudy of patients with unexplained nausea, bloating andvomiting. Gastroenterology .1980;79:311-4.Notes• When there are 6 or less authors, you must list all theauthors.• If there is 7 or more authors you only list the first 6 authorsand add "et al" (et al means "and others").• Do not use italics or underlining for the title.• Only the first word of a journal or book title are capitalised.
• Article: NewspaperAuthor if given. Title or article. Name of newspaperDate of edition (Year, month, day);Section if applicable(section abbreviated to Sect.):Page/s Column numberin round brackets (column abbreviated to col.).• Eg. Lee G. Hospitalizations tied to ozone pollution:study estimates 50,000 admissions annually. TheWashington Post .1996 Jun 21; Sect. A:3 (col. 5).Notes• The details may vary depending on the layout of thenewspaper e.g. section may not be relevant.
• Book: Single authorAuthor. Title. Place: Publisher. Date ofpublication• Eg. Neal MJ. Medical pharmacology at a glance.Oxford: Blackwell Scientific; 1987.Notes• Do not use italics or underlining for the title.• Only the first word of a journal or book title arecapitalised.
Book: Multiple authorsAuthors. Title. Place: Publisher. Date of publication• Eg. Rinsgiven MK, Bond D. Gerontology andleadership skills for nurses. 2nd ed. Albany (NY):Delmar Publishers; 1996.Notes• When there are 6 or less authors, you must list allthe authors.• If there are 7 or more authors you only lits the first6 authors and add "et al" (et al means "andothers").• Do not use italics or underlining for the title.• Only the first word of a journal or book title arecapitalized.
Book: EditorAuthor, editors. Title. Place: Publisher. Date ofpublicationEg.Lambert NM, McCombs L, editors. How studentslearn: reforming schools though learner-centerededucation. Washington: American PsycologicalAssociation; 1998.Notes• Do not use italics or underlining for the title.• Only the first word of a journal or book title arecapitalised.
• Dissertation or ThesisAuthor(s). Title [dissertation]. Place: Publisher.Date of publication• Eg.Pearce MW, Schumann EH. The effect of landuse on Gamtoos estuary water quality[dissertation]. Pretoria: Water ResearchCommission; 1997.
• Conference ProceedingsAuthor(s). Title. Place: Publisher. Date ofpublicationEg.Butler D, Maksimovic C, editors.Developments in urban drainage modelling.Proceedings of the 4th InternationalConference of Developments in UrbanDrainage Modelling; 1998 Sept 21-24; London,England. Oxford: Pergamon; 1999.
World Wide Web pageAuthor. Title. [online] Year [date the information wasaccessed]. Available from: URL address.Eg.Beckleheimer J. How do you cite URLs in a bibliography?[online] 1994 [cited 2000 Dec 13]. Available from: URL:http://www.nrlssc.navy.mil/meta/bibliography.htmlNotes• Web sites change all the time, therefore it is veryimportant to include the date that you have accessed theinformation.
CAMPBELL STYLEEXAMPLES• Book:Cronon, William. 1991. Natures Metropolis:Chicago and the Great West. New York: W. W.Norton.• Edited Book:Fainstein, Susan S., and Scott Campbell, eds.1996. Readings in Urban Theory. Cambridge,MA and Oxford, UK: Blackwell.
• Chapter in an Edited Book:Fishman, Robert. 1996. Bourgeois Utopias:Visions of Utopia. In Readings in UrbanTheory, edited by S. S. Fainstein and S.Campbell. Cambridge, MA and Oxford, UK:Blackwell.• Journal Article:Harvey, David. 1992. Social Justice,Postmodernism and the City. InternationalJournal of Urban and Regional Research 16(4): 588-601.
Electronic Sources:To cite electronic sources (from the Internet),be sure to include the standard citationinformation (author, date, title, organization,etc.) AND the complete web address (url) ANDthe date you accessed the web page. (It isNOT enough to simply cite the url alone.)Eg. Noam Cohen. 2007. "A History Department Bans Citing Wikipedia as a R" The New York Times online. Published:February 21.