1. Faculty of Information Management Bachelor Information Management (Information System Management)(IMC 401) Foundation of Information Communication and Technology Assignment: Newsletter ( Fashion ) Prepared for: Puan Nor Erlissa Abd Aziz Prepared by: Arnold Bin Hajihil ( 2012809116 ) Group : IM1D Submission date: 23rd of October 2012
2. CONTENTSWho am I ?Career of fashion DesignerChristian DiorMarc JacobsDonatella VersaceLouis VuittonMiuccia PradaGiorgio ArmaniThomas BurberryDonna KaranReference
3. AcknowledgementIn the name of Allah S.W.T , which are the creator off all things, His power hadbring me to now what i am. Im very happy and excited for this assignment thatare given by Puan Nor Erlissa, because of her good idea give us such thisexcellent assignment. The most important thing i want to mention here is hereffort to make this assignment got succeed. Her knowledge and information arevery usefull to me until i can finally complete my perfect task. Thanks a lot tothe PTAR library because the facilities provided are very helpful in completingmy assignment. Also, to my housemates and classmates, thank you so much foryour support to me. I will never forget your effort to help me such as borrowingyour goods and many more, you are the best ever friends i have.
4. WHO AM I ?Name : Arnold B. HajihilDate of Birth : 12 July 1992Ic Number : 920712-12-6755Srtudent Number : 2012809116State : SabahHometown : Semporna, SabahStudy at : Uitm Puncak Perdana Campus, Shah Alam, SelangorProgram : Science Of Information Management SystemAmbition : CEOHobby : Play Electronic Game, Surf Internet (Blogging, Facebook, e-mail, etc) and watchingtelevision.Description of skills : - Was a student in SMK Datuk Panglima Abdullah, Semporna, Sabah. - Went for PMR, SPM and STPM examination. - Interest in communication skill and scintific discovery. - Now, attend UITM university. - Can work and cooperate in group acitivities. - Able to leading a program or activities. - Very sharp and neat in doing work or task. - Every work or task are must be fully perfect based on the criteria given. - Able to perfrom Microsft Office ( Word, Powerpoint, Excell, etc )
5. is a Chinese American fashion designer born in 1984. He moved to New York in 2002 at the age of 18 to study the Parsons The New School for Design and worked as internee with Marc Jacobs, Derek Lam, and Vogue. He joined summer design programs at OTIS and lived in San ChristianFrancisco during late teen age. After dropping his naive year and gaining experience in haute couture he launched his zippy women‟s ready to theme of nineteens, French chic, and rock grunge with finishing them skilfuly always. His clean lucid cloth line also incorporates street fashion andone of her former assistants wrote "The Devil Wears Prada" a novelset in the offices of a glossy magazine and featuring a tyrannical boss.“The September Issue” was among the nomineefor the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival.FIVE new dresses have been added to Bath anNorth Somerset Councils Fashion Museum as part of its famousDress of the Year scheme. This is fashion heaven," explains the Fashion Museums manager Rosemary Harden of thenew additions; for 2008, a double fashion whammy with Karl Lagerfelds Chanel gold star and navy bluetrouserFashion designer Marc Jacobs is working in different countries at a time like, France, Paris, and NewYork City. ensemble (worn by Kate Moss for her 34th birthday) for 2006, a Prada olive green coat with fur patch pockets(picked by Sarah Mower).Tha famous model DariaWerbowy showcased many dresses by Miucci Prada in different fashion shows likeSpring/Summer and Fall/Winter 2005. Miuccia Prada Fashion designer is one of the renowned names of the style and Fashion world. Miuccia PradaFashion designer is actually the granddaughter of MarioPrada, who established a leather-goods company in Milan in1913. Miuccia PRADA Fashion designer inherited the art of creativity from her family, although she had no formalfashion education or training. Miuccia Prada Fashion designer is the doctorate in political science, but herDiormotivationencourages her to adopt the field of Fashion designing.Prada label products ar vary famous such as shoes, shirts , has several Fashion designers & products selling tremendously, throughout the world. Chiefly fragrances and accessories for Women and Men are the specialties of the Fashion brand Christian Dior. The hand Calvinbags and perfumes are the most likeable products of the Fashion brand Christian Dior. Christian Dior is not just the name of a man, a Fashion brand as well. Fashion designer Christian Dior was the founder of one of the world‟s well-reputed Fashion brands. French Fashion designerChristian Dior was born on the 21st of January, 1905 in Granville, Manche Basse-Normandie, France; and died on the 24th of October 1957, in Montecatini, Italy. In his 52 years of life span, Fashion designer Christian Dior has earned a lot of fame that was enough to continue his startedFashion brand successfully, even after his death. The reason behind the success of the of Fashion designer most likeable products othFashion brand Christian Dior. Now the Fashion brand Christian Dior has reached to the level of popularity that a singer Morrissey has released a song titled"Christian Dior", in 2006. A perfume by the Fashion brand Christian Dior is used in Haruki Murakamis novel, “The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle” as a noteworthy symbol. In 2009 Fashion brand commenced collection of bar peplum jackets, padded-hip coats, draped bubble skirts, and full-skirted evening gowns. Recently Fashion brand has launched ready-to-wear for spring/summer 2010 collection too. Famous Supermodels Gisele Bundchen , Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista and Lily Cole have walked in a fashion show at the 60th Birthday of Christian Dior. One of theKleinmost complementary saying about the Fashion designer Christian Dior is that „the Man who made the world look new‟. Fashion designer then started the sportswear collection successfully. By 1970s the clothes of Fashion designer Calvin Klein become tremendously popular, with a complete range of women‟s ready-to-wear. Fashion designerCalvin Klein has learned the Fashion education from the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York, from 1959-62. Before starting his career professionally as a Fashion designer Calvin Klein worked as assistant to Dan Millstein for two years. Fashion designer Calvin Klein initiated hisown business in 1968, by the name of Calvin Klein Inc. Fashion designer Calvin Klein started along with his friend Barry Schwartz. Barry was actually responsible for the business dealing,regarding the clients & designs customs. On the other hand, Fashion designer Calvin Klein designsthe outfits. At the start, the joint venture of the Barry & Fashion designer Calvin Klein was initiated to design the women‟s coats only. Later on, Bonwit Teiler‟s substantial order remarkably established the recognition of the Fashion designer Calvin Klein in the style & fashion world.Fashion designer Calvin Klein then started the sportswear collection successfully. By 1970s the, Fashion designer Calvin Klein hit the fashion world once again, with the launch of unisex scent, cK One, in 1993. In1993 too, Fashion designer Calvin Klein won the contest of FashionDolce & GabbanaDesigner of the Year Award. Fashion designer Calvin Klein has won because of his tremendous designing for both women‟s and men‟s wear. Fashion designer Calvin Klein was the ever first designer who won both the categories in the same year. Now-a-days, the company of Fashiondesigner Calvin Klein Inc. is popular at international level. Fashion designer Calvin Klein has separate divisions for Asia, Europe, and Japan. There are also three lines within the range of Fashion designer Calvin Klein: cK for men and for women; The Calvin Klein Collection (men,women, and home); and cKjeans, providing for men, women, and kids. The simple & elegant designs of the Fashion designer Calvin Klein are appreciated by several Fashion celebrities, for example the Sandra Bullock, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Julia Roberts etc. Fashion designers are now consider as one of the leading manufacturers of designing the handbags, particularly in the leather industry. Other Donna Karanthen hand bags, Fashion designers Dolce & Gabbana designs outfits, beachwear, Shoes, and other accessories, like Scarves, ties, perfume, etc, for the men, women, and for the kids as well. Originally Fashion designers Dolce & Gabbana are Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, and alsoreferred to as D&G. Fashion designers Dolce & Gabbana have met in 1980 and started working in early 1980‟s. At that time, Fashion designers Dolce & Gabbana were working as assistants in an atelier in Milan. Fashion designers Dolce & Gabbana were also doing free-lance designing forothers. Fashion designers Dolce & Gabbana havelaunched their first Fashion collection in 1986 and opened their ever first boutique in Tokyo, Japan 1989. In 1990, theyhave launched their first men‟s wear Fashion anthology and then opened their first women‟s boutique in Fashion linefrom the lasttwo decades. Fashion designers Dolce & Gabbana have achieved numerous awards because of their innovative &exclusive concepts. Fashion designers Dolce & Gabbana possess a prominent position among consumers andbusinesses. Many Hollywood‟s well-knownpersonalities love to wear the designed collection of Fashion designersDolce & Gabbana, like Jessica Simpson and Jessica Alba.The Fashion house of Fashion designers Dolce & Gabbana has just published a book called "10 Years of Dolce &Gabbana". The book of Fashion designersDolce & Gabbana demonstrates the history of the designer‟s pair, by thepictures of leading fashion photographers. Recently, Fashion designers Dolce & Gabbana recorded a CD with dancefloor music under the “D&G label”. Fashion designer was named her successor after thedeath of Anne Klein in 1974. After one year,Louis DellOlio joined the set-up, and collectively they become the Director of Design for Anne Klein & Co. Fashion designer Donna Karan was born on October 2, 1948, in Donna Faske in the Forest Hills, New York. Boththe parents of Fashion DKNY Giorgiodesigner Donna Karan were interested in establishing their profession in the world of style &Fashion. In this way Fashion designer Donna Karan inherited the sense of Fashion designing from her parents. AnneKlein hired the Fashion designer Donna Karan for summer a job, during herstudies at Parsons School of Design inNew York.Fashion designer Donna Karan remained the Assistant Designer for Anne Klein & Co, and the Addenda Co, NY,from 1967-1968. In 1968-1971 Fashion designer Donna Karan was the Designer for Anne Klein & Co. Fashiondesigner DonnaKaran married Mark Karan, in 1973; Fashion designer Donna Karan had a daughter with MarkKaran, named Gabrielle. Later on she got the divorce from Mark and married Stephen Weiss in 1977.Fashion designer Donna Karan was named her successor after the death of Anne Klein in1974. After one year,Louis DellOlio joined the set-up, andcollectively they become the Director of Design for Anne Klein & Co.Soon after the inauguration of Anne Klein II (the diffusion line) left Anne Klein and jointly in 1985, Fashion designerDonna Karan with her husband StephenWeis, formed Donna Karan New York (DKNY) and commenced the formerDonna Karan assortment. Thus they increase their set-up into a full-fledged Fashion lines.In December 2000, LVMH announced its objective to purchase an authoritativeArmanishare in and Fashion designerDonna Karan New York. Then in 2001, both has been ruling fashion world with graceful outfits, elegant cosmetics,perfumes and spectacular eyewears. Particular for his menswear he established "Armani" fashion haute couturein1975. Giorgio Armani has many credits to his fashion affiliations being a talented fashion creator he designed exclusive outfitsfor many Hollywood celebs like the Richard Gere in the title role of American Gigolo in 1980 and in 2008 made-tomeasuresuits for Christian Bale‟s characterBruce Wayne in “The Dark Knight”.Italian fashion designer Giorgio Armani was born on 11 July 1934 in the northern Italian town of Piacenza. Hepursued a career as a doctor and studied at University of Bologna. In 1953, he joined military service in a militaryhospital but soon foundunsuitable as he had more exposure to fashion and aimed to be a great fashion designer.After armed forces Giorgio Armani started working as window dresser and menswear buyer in Milan tough in 1973Sergio Galeotti, an architectural draftsman, convinced him to open his own design Louis Vuittonoffice in Milan that led him designingas freelancer at a number of fashion houses including Allegri, Bagutta, Hilton, Sicons, Gibò, Montedoro, andTendresse. In 1975 he established Giorgio Armani Spa in Milan with friend Galeotti and same year he showcasedhis debut collection of mens ready-to-wear for spring and summer 1976 and also for women. This was the careerjump for Giorgio Armani after which he continued marking exceptional clothing pieces and designs that made himrenowned around globe in fashion industry.His GiorgioArmani Spa introduced new line of cosmetics and home décor with an unusual expansion in its line ofaccessories. In 2008, Giorgio Armani designed bullfighting costume, called the "Goyesco" in Ronda, Spain and till2009 he got a retail network of 60 Giorgio Armani boutiques, 11Collezioni, 122 Emporio Armani, 94 A/X Armaniexchange, 13 Armani Junior, and 1 Giorgio Armani Accessori spread over 37 different countries. GiorgioArmani was also the first fashion designer to prohibit models with a Body mass index (BMI) especially the modelsunder 18.GiorgioArmani also designed and presented EA7 assortment, a brand, influenced by Ukrainian footballer AndriyShevchenko and in 2009 his first restaurant “Armani Restaurant”, in the U.S soon followed with a chain of 14Armani branded hotels and resorts by 2011.Furthermore, opened a store in London, in 1885. When LouiVuitton died in 1892,then the son ofFashion designer Louis Vuitton, Georges followed his footsteps.He has launchedluxury designgs of Watches. One ofhis outstanding achievements was to launch the signature monogram canvas right before the turn of the century.He showcased his collection for men as LouisVuitton Fall/Winter 2010/11 Mens Collection in Paris, he alsolaunched hi Spring collection for 2010 as Louis Vuitton Spring/Summer 2010 Ready to Wear Collection in Parisand got the stunning response. Fashion designer Louis Vuitton is a native of France and was born in 1821. LouisVuitton traveled over 200 mileson foot to Paris, when he was only 14 years old. Louis Vuitton became apprenticed to the brilliant luggage makerMerachal, when he was sixteen. Merachal actually worked for the wife of Napoleon III, Empress Eugenie. LouisVuitton has enhanced many ofhis skills, under the guidance of Merachal. Later on, those skills enable the Louis Vuittonto establish his own business. By utilizing them, the brand of Louis Vuitton become one of the most desired brands ofthe world.Louis Vuitton started his own shop in Paris, in 1854; selling standard Pradaluggage. The exclusivity of the designs of LouisVuitton is that they were flat-topped and were very comfortable. Famous Hollywood actresses and models alwaysprefer his ready to wear collection. Those flat-topped by the Louis Vuitton were ideal for travel by ship or train.Usually, theluggage of that time was rounded and less organized, particularly in case of saving space. So, the highquality luggage of fashion designer Louis Vuitton was admired a lot.Furthermore, Louis Vuitton opened a store in London, in 1885. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, then the sonofFashion designer Louis Vuitton, Georges followed hifootsteps. One of his outstanding achievements was to launchthe signature monogram canvas right before the turn of the century.He has stunning designgs of Bags, BeltsEyewear,Fragrance, Jewellery and Hats. This was proved as anattempt to grow the counterfeiter‟s range of Louis Vuitton.By working hard in the next thirty years Georges made Fashiobrand Louis Vuitton known globally. Georges hasgained exposure through the venues as like Chicago world fair. Later on, Georges opened some stores of LouisVuittonin US and the Europe.He is also famous for smart desiogner collection of Shoes for every age.Louis Vuitton was recognized as a symbol of luxury. The Louis Vuitton Company joined with Moet Hennessey, i1987. Currently, Louis Vuitton is headed by Marc Jacobs. It was under hisdirection that Stephen Sprouse is creatingBurberrythe graffiti bags.Louis Vuitton is competitor of luxury brands such as, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, , Dior, Chanel,Armani, Fendi, .Louis Vuitton fashion products were showed by several leading fashion models like Gisele Bundchen, Bar Refaeli,Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio Fashiondesigner Marc Jacobs and Robert Duffy started working with Perry Ellis Duffy as President and Jacobs asVice President of Womens Design in 1989. The CFDA awarded Fashion designer Marc Jacobs with “The WomensDesigner of the Year Award”, in 1992.He display his collection asMarc Jacobs Spring/Summer 2010 Collection atNew York.Marc Fall 2010 Fashion Show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at the NY State Armory onFebruary 16, 2010 in New York City.Famous supermodels Natalia Vodianova presents him in Autumn/Winter 2002, Spring/Summer2003, Jessica Stamin Spring/Summer 2003,04,05 and Autumn/Winter 2005 and Caroline Trentini in Autumn/Winter 2004-07 and inSpring/Summer 2005-08. The Jewish Fashion designer Marc Jacobs was born on 9th of April, 1963 in New York City. The greatestinfluence of the Fashiondesigner Marc Jacobs was his grandma, because he actually taught him the art of knitting.Fashion designer Marc Jacobs has got the education of Fashion the Chester Weinberg Gold,second was the “Thimble Award”, and the third was the “Design Student of the Year Award”.He alsodesigngs thebeautiful collection of Accessories and Bags.The ever first designed work of the Fashion designer was for Reuben Thomas, Inc. under the"sketchbook" label. Fashion designer Marc Jacobs also structured a joint venture with Robert Duffy, Jacobs DuffyDesigns, Inc. in 1984;presently this is still in business. Then in 1986, Fashion designer Marc Jacobs designed his firstcompilation with the Marc Jacobs label, supported by Kashiyama USA, In Nicknamed the „Guru‟ of Grunge byWomens Wear Daily, the signature looks of Fashion designer MarcJacobscomprise of dazzling colors, rugby stripes,layered impression, empire lines, and massive prints, bows and buttons. Fashion designer Marc Jacobs has never beenafraid to go against the crowd, as he loves the reaction of love or hate.Lady Gaga is famous because of heruniquewardrobe in the style and Fashion industry.A 2007 Designer of the Year award winner, Marc Jacobs was there in thehonor to his friend.Like the Diane von Furstenberg, who is being honored with an „Accessory Visionary Award‟, andTomas Maier of Bottega Veneta as Designer ofMarc Jacobsthe Year and Burberry as Brand of the Year.Fashion designer Marc Jacobs achieved the “Council of Fashion Designers of Americas (CFDA) Perry Ellis Awardfor New Fashion Talent” in 1987, and Fashiondesigner Marc Jacobs became the youngest designer to be honoredwith fashion industrys premier credit. Fashion designer Marc Jacobs has been performing as “Artistic Director” of the Louis Vuitton fashion house, since1998. Fashion designer Marc Jacobs alsogenerated the companys first „Ready to Wear line‟, and cooperated withthe admired Louis Vuitton graffiti bags too. Fashion designer Marc Jacobs mostly designs his own clothing lines aswell.Fashion designer Marc Jacobs and Robert Duffy started working with Perry Ellis Duffy as President and Jacobs asVice President of Womens Design in 1989. The CFDA awarded Fashion designer Marc Jacobs with “The WomensDesigner of the Year Award”, in 1992.The 20 year old beautyDaisy Lowe a British model has starred in adcampaigns for Marc by Marc Jacobs and walked on runways for brands like Burbbery and Anna Sui.Well-liked celebrities who congregate to Fashion designer Marc Jacobs include Winona Ryder, Mary-Kate,Uma Thurman, Mary-Kate, Sophia Coppola, Ashley Olsen, and ScarlettJohansson. Most of these fashionableladies are friends of the Fashion designer Marc Jacobs.The Dutch model, Lara Stone has selected by Louis Vuitton asthe new Fashion face to model,Louis Vuitton and Marc Jacobs, who is the artistic director, decided to take a freshchange and workwith a model, after working with such star, Madonna.Currently, Miuccia Prada Fashion designer seems to get inspirations from the fairies, simple housewives, or something moreabstract; as most of the designed outfits of the Miuccia Prada Fashion designer represent “beauty in the faceofwar”. It looks that Miuccia Prada Fashion designer is adding more vbelts, handbags and accessories of males and females.The passion of Miuccia Prada Fashion designer for designing helps to prove her in her closet; which included theYves Saint Laurent she carried, to distribute the Communist party leaflets in the late 1970‟s.She is very active indifferent Versacefashion weeks to show her elegant designs.The name Miuccia PRADA remains on everyo.She participated in many fashion shows anddisplay her stunning collection.In 1985, Miuccia Prada Fashion designer created sensation in the Fashion world by designing a black nylonhandbag. After that in 1989, Miuccia Prada Fashion designer prepared ready-to-wear collection. ThenMiuccia Prada Fashion designer with the help of her husband and cooperation of business partner, Patrizio Bertelli, haslaunched the company into a $2 billion empire.Famous Kate Moss usually seen in glasses of Prada,she was in butterfly frame sunglases while shopping inLosAngles,while on the other side the famous Lara Stone in the fashion show of Fall 2010 wear Prada and looks stunningon the runwayPrada includes in the list oluxurioubrands and designers like Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gucci, Hermes, Bally,Marc Jacobs, Chloe, Yves Saint Lauren,Christian Dior and many more.Besides the tremendous contributions of the Miuccia PRADA Fashion designer towards fashion; like the diamondgranny brooches on finest-cashmere twinsets of Prada, the bowling bag of Prada, the ubiquitoublack nylon backpackof the nineties by Prada.The influence of Miuccia Prada Fashion designer goes above then the all these accessories orpiece of clothing. The New York Times Cathy Horyn gave credit to Miuccia Prada Fashion designer on teachingpeople, regarding fashion in the abstract, and in relation to art and culture as well.In Prada took home the CFDAsInternational Award, 1993 and again in 2004.The Scottish-born Fashion designer Christopher Kane works withas an advisor is frequently gettinginfluence by the vice president of the Italian fashion house.According to Fashion designer Christopher Kane,Donatella is a tremendous manager while Danatella Versace playing diva to Christopher Kane to launch newcollection of Versace .In the followingyear, Time magazine named Miuccia PRADA Fashion designer as one of the 100 most influentialpeople of the world.The designs of Fashion designer Christopher Kane have been admired by many stars like, Rihanna who is enteringthe world of acting, Emma Watson who is highly paidactress she loves Burberry, and Freida Pinto who wasworst dressed in style day off.Fashion designer Christopher Kane has said that she judged brilliantly and lookedperfectly in a Prada dress with stunning jewels.Fashion designer Miccia Prada showcased her Spring/Summer collection of2010 in Milan. Burberry Fashion house is known for its luxury clothing line, fragrances, handbags and different other fashionaccessories. Besides, Burberry is the first fashion house that invented gabardine in 1880, which was a hardwearingand water resistant fabric. Since its inception in1856 by Thomas Burberry has today branded stores and franchise all over the world.Burberry Fashion house is known for its luxury clothing line, fragrances, handbags and different other fashionaccessories. Besides, Burberry is the first fashion house that invented gabardine in 1880, whichwas a hardwearingand water resistant fabric.Burberry launched its first shop in the Haymarket, London in 1831, which is still running successfully. In 2914,Burberry fashion house was ordered to make War Officers‟ coat to suit the circumstances of modern warfare.Burberry then producedfirst „trench coat‟ which gained immense popularity even after the war.In October 2006, Burberry launched its transactional store in UK and in March 2007, it expanded its range of storesacross the selected European countries.Currently, Burberry has over 70 shops worldwide. Versaceopened his first boutique in Milans Via della Spiga, still selling other labels to complement his own collections.Soon, with the growing popularity of the Versace style, boutiques started to spread across the globe. Fashion Designer Gianni Versace was born in 1946 in Reggio Calabria, Italy,he became victim of a cold-bloodedmurder on the 16th July, 1997. In the early days, his mother supported the family with her small tailor-shop. There,Versace learned everything about making clothes and soon he designed apparel himself, which was sold in his mothersshop. Then,Versace acquired additional skills working in fabric procurement positions. He got his first chance to showhis skills when designing a collection for Fiori Fiorentini, a Lucca, Italy based company in 1972.In the following, Versace designed for the Italian fashion labels De Parisi,
6. Career as Fashion Designer Fashion designing is one  of the most lucrative, Fashion designer is notExperienced and knowledge an easy job. Many appealing, glamorous and experts said, this group exciting career options inabout fashion for many years of designer are thebecame the root of their chosen one to to fill up todays world. If you havesuccess and powerful the world of fashion. a penchant for creativity, They lead the fashionaknowledge. Now, they industry and use their style and originality, abecome one of the richest creative mind to survive career in fashionperson on the world. They are in the world. That is why people like Christian designing is the one tailornot designed all styles of Dior, Calvin Klein, Marc made for you. On oneclothing and dressing, but Jacobs and many more hand, the fashion industrynowadays they move up to able to popularized their brands and products. satisfies both the creativeinvolves in fragrancing Fashion designer can be fancies and theproducts under their own describe as the person who got knowledge and materialistic needs of thebrand. They intend to produce skills in designing clothes people. On the other hand,their own fragrances in the using all the materialsworld market and widely do such as fabrics and it promises glamour,some promotion. designing it in any kind fame, success and a high of styles and fashion. Even the technology and pay package to the instruments are advance, talented people.  but they are certain part Rumors among the fashion in this field still using the designer. handskills of sewing. CHRISTIAN DIOR finally reveals his idea Secrets recipe of designing MARC JACOBS Top ten of fashion designer in the world : The next projects of CALVIN KLEIN Donna karan celebrate her DKNY anniversary 1. CHRISTIAN DIOR 2. MARC JACOBS LOUIS VUITTON steal his mommy idea 3. CALVIN KLEIN DOLCE & GABBANA got fight 4. DKNY 5. LOUIS VUITTON Lady gaga insisted to wear VERSACE 6. DOLCE & GABBANA World customer point out to PRADA 7. VERSACE What happen to BURBERRY 8. PRADA 9. BURBERRY Giorgio Armani seeks for 10. GIORGIO ARMANI international models
7. Getting know …. Christian DiorDior Brands Now Involving In FASHION Dior brand is the idea of Christian Dior, who start as the & ACCESSORIES unknown fashion designer. He Christian Dior was o WOMAN a French fashion designer, best known as the founder of one of o MAN o BABY the worlds top fashion houses, also called Christian Dior. He born on 21st January 1905 in Garnville, Manche, France. His FRAGRANCE & BEAUTY career start on 21 January 1905 until 23 October 1957. In 1957 o FRAGRANCE suddenly Christian Dior dies of a heart attack and Yves St. o MAKEUP Laurent takes over as the firms artistic head. The fashion world o SKINCARE was stunned The house of Dior employed over 1200 employees, JEWELLERY spread among 28 workrooms and its own police force to & TIMEPIECES prevent pirating. It was a million dollar firm and his death o JEWELLERY represented a very great challenge to the house of Dior and o TIMEPIECES even France itself. o DIOR PHONE After christian dior died, his journey was saved and continued by his partner, Yves St. Laurent. Yves St. Laurent start the designing career based on the necessity of customer. He succeeded to present 6 colections for Dior. In 1960, he stopped because of the military services. Then, House of Dior was inchargded by Marc Bohan,34. He introduced well-received Slim Line collections. In 1989, Gianfranco Ferre took over The House until 1997. In 1997, Galliano took over and brought a new creative image for the house of Dior. Now, he presented many kind of collection including baby wear, jewellery and many more.
8. Marc Jacobs Who is Marc Jacobs ? Born April 9, 1963 (age 49) New York City, New York, U.S. Residence Paris, France Marc Jacobs start his career in fashion designer after he graduate at the High NationalitySchool of Art & Design. In 1984, he won the Perry Ellis Golden Thimble Americanaward for the creation of handknit sweaters (made by his grandmother). In Education1986, the “Marc Jacobs” label introduced the first collection designed by Marc High School of ArtJacobs himself with the support of Kashyama USA Inc. In 1987 Marc Jacobs and Designreceived the "Perry Ellis Award for New Fashion Talent", the highest tribute Parsons The Newpossible in the American fashion world. In 1989 Marc Jacobs joined Perry Ellis School for Designand was named Vice-President of Womens Design. In 1992, the CFDA onceagain bestowed Jacobs with a distint honor: womenswear designer of the Occupationyear. He left Perry Ellis in 1993, he went back to designing under his own Fashion designerlabel. He favours sensuous fabrics such as angora, cashmere and mohair and Awardswill occasionally surprise with neon rubber separates and laminated sequined Chevaliers of thejeans. He was voted Womenswear Designer of the Year by the CFDA in 1997. Ordre des Arts et desIn the year 2000/2002, the city of New York decided to honour Marc Jacobs Lettreswith a plaque at the pavement of 7th Avenue, the great street of fashion in New LabelsYork. In August 2004, Marc celebrated the opening of his latest US store in Marc JacobsBoston and use Olympics theme which were going on at the time, and Marc Marc by Marc Jacobshimself was decked out in fencing kit. Los Angeles, Shanghai and Chicago will Louis Vuittonbe the next destination for Marc jacobs. Marc Jacobs is very well known for hisaccesory line with handbags, sun glasses, perfume, wallets, watches andjewelry. Next to the accesory line theres also Marc Jacobs jeans, suits, shirts,coats and even flipflops.
9. Who is Versace ???D onatella Versace is a fashion designer from Italy. She was born on May 2, 1955 in Reggio di Calabria, Italy. A daughter of a businessman to the Italian Aristocracy. Donatella soon proved to be the public relations giant of the Versace label and spread its name throughout Europe and the United States. On 1993, Donatellalaunched and became the Creator and Chief Designer of Versace Young, a fashion line forchildren. The Versace Group finally have created a grand and "ultra"-luxurious PalazzoVersace Resort in Gold Coast, Australia with the guidance and praise of Donatella. .) InOctober of 2002, the historical Victoria and Albert Museum of London were honouredbecause of Gianni and Donatellas most famously designed Versace clothing were displayedin a special exhibit in the museum and it is extraordinary fashion success and symbolismglobally. Presently, Donatella Versace is the Vice-President of the Board of Directors and isthe Creative Director of the Versace Group worldwide, responsible for the companyscreative choices, trends in the fashion line, communications, and expansion such as hotels,boutiques and many more. Donatella was married with one of the American model, PaulBeck. They have two children named Allegra (born June 30, 1986) and Daniel (born 1989).After few years, Donatella get divorced with his husband. Now, Donatella is a Vice-Presidentof the Versace Group and Chief Designer of the fashion line as well as holding a greatamount of stock, totalling 20% of the entire stock market assets of Versace. Her brother,Santo, owns 35%.Plans for the Palazzo Versace Dubai were announced in May of 2005. Gianni Versace SpA,Sunland Group Limited and Emirates International Holdings have annouced the PalazzoVersace resort to be constructed in the Arabian Bays on the Dubai Creek in Dubai, UnitedArab Emirates. The second Palazzo Versace will boast a number of suites and luxury villas,including an exclusive spa. Official plans are to begin construction in 2006 and havecompleted the hotel sometime in the year 2008. The interior of the hotel will be furnishedwith various Versace collections. As Creative Director, Donatella will carry out final plansand design strategies for the hotel and resort complex.
10. Louis VuittonHis first life career was a aluggage-maker and luggage-designer in Paris in the mid-late1800’s. To prevent anycounterfeiting issue, The LouisVuitton “LV” Monogram designcan be considered the very first“designer label” on a product, asit was created in 1896. Morethan a century, LV products suchas handbags and luggages wasfanatized by world fashionseeker. He was born in 1821 inCons-le-Sannier. He was the sonof a carpenter. He moved fromhis hometown of Anchay, JuraFrance in 1835 at the age offourteen. Two years later, hearrived in Paris and startedworking as an apprentice fortrunk-maker and packing-case-maker Monsieur Marechal. In1854 Vuitton opened his firststore in Paris on Rue Nueve desCapucines, founding Louis LVuitton Malletier. 4 years later ouis Vuitton is famous for its handbags, beautiful, creative,he opened a large factory in unusual and in fantastic demand. Marc has encouraged artisticAsniéres to accommodateincreased demand. designers to make special handbags for Louis Vuitton. In 2001 Stephen Sprouse designed a Graffiti bag. Julie Verhoeven, the popular illustrator and now fashion designer, made a fairytale applique set of bags in 2002 which are shown on her page. In 2003, Japanese designer Takashi Murakami created the "Eye Love" handbag range which generated $ 300 million in sales. The latest bag is the "Theda" bag of 2004. Each season, Marc Jacobs presents the Louis Vuitton ready-to-wear collections during Paris Fashion Week. In January 2004 Louis Vuitton celebrated its 150th anniversary. Yves Carcelle, the 55 year old chairman of the company hosted a grand celebration. Continually expanding, Louis Vuitton today boasts 13 production workshops, an international logistics center, more than 300 exclusive shops in 50 countries and employs 9,500 people throughout the world, 60% of whom are based outside France.
11. The Career Diary Of Miuccia Prada.In 1913-Prada’s grandfather founded the leather goods in Milan.In 1950-Prada was born and study at Milans Teatro Piccolo for 5 years.In 1970-She started to use waterproof fabric(pocone) in making backpack bags.In 1979-Prada took over his father business.In 1985- she designed a new line of black, unlabelled, hard-wearing, but finely-woven nylon handbags.In 1989-Prada launched her ready-to-wear collection for autumn/winter to critical acclaim.In 1992-Miuccia’s nickname, Miu Miu used to debuted her less expensive bridge line which inspired by her personalwardrobe of earthier, hippies garments in natural fabrics and colours.In 1993-Prada won a Council of Fashion Designers of America International because of her Clean and stylish designs, finematerials and exquisite craftsmanship.In 1994-Prada opened her London Boutique and shows up in New York.In 1998-Los Angeles, Manhattan and las Vegas was the placed to opened their firts menswear shop and the other stores.In 2000-Prada took over the house of Jill Sander as part of consortium.In 2001-The crisis about $1 billion in debt forced Prada to sell some of the houses of her mine.In December 2002-Prada decided to appointed Fabio Zambernardi as Design Director for Prada & Miu Miu. the whole world craves Pradas ice-cool minimalism and deadpan eroticism.
12. The Story Of Giorgio ArmaniGiorgio Armani ...Back then, Armani was involvedin medicine field, but he gave upand pursue to his interest infashion. Fisrt, he became aphotographer, then changed tobe a window dresser in theLaRinascente departmentalstore in Milan. He left the storein 1964, and joined Nino Cerrutias a designer for his menswearcompany Hitman. In 1970,Armani started a company withhis friend, Sergio Galeoti. Duringfive years collaborated with hisfriend, they did all the designingfashion and various ofmanufacturers for others suchas women’s clothes, mannishcoats, a ready-to-wear houseand menswear collections. In1974, Armani held his first showin his own name and launchedhis own label in 1975. The TimeMagazine choose Armani astheir cover page on April 5th1982. Then, he received theCFDA international award in1983. In 2001, Armani becamethe most successful Italiandesigner because his net worthincreased from $1.7 billion to$4.1 billion for five years. InJanuary 2007, Armani becamethe first designer to broadcast ahaute couture fashion show liveon the Internet. Nowadays, His Style Is The Perfect Bridge BetweenArmani grown up his productsfrom menswear, womens, and Refined Elegance Andjewellery. Down-To-Earth Comfort.
13. Burberry Thomas Burberry was born in 1835 in Dorking Surrey, UK. In 1856, Burberry went to Basingstoke, Hampshire and opened his own drapery business called as T. Burberry and Sons there. Started on 1870, Burberry business became known by many peoples, and he also called as an “emporium”, which focused on the outdoor wear for local residents and inviting the sportsmen who frequently visited the store. In 1888, Burberry took out the patent of inventing the gabardine which is a breathable fabric where the yarn was waterproof before weaving. In 1891, Burberry established a wholesale business in London and opened his first store at the Haymarket. In 1899, Burberry designed a new looks The officer‟s Tielocker Coat which was the forerunner today‟s trench coat. In 1901, Burberry registered his The Burberry Equestrian Knight logo for his labeltrademark. In 1902, Burberry used "Gabardine" as a trademark and in 1909,the "Burberry" was registered as a trademark for the companys coats.During World War I, British Royal Flying Corps (later the RAF) asked Who wears it ?Burberry to designed coats for them. After that, The military style model ofthe Burberry became the Trench coat of the First World War. After the war, Kate Moss and Beyonce Knowles. And almostthe Burberry Trench coat was absorbed into civilian life and has been copied everyone in New Yorkworldwide. In 1920, Burberry came out with the Burberry Check and has a real or, moreregistered as a trademark for trench coat. likely, knockoff scarfIn the 60s Burberry used his community inspiration to design and released or bag.new idea based on its knowledge on umbrellas, luggage and scarves. TheBurberry products grown well and now one of the most recognized in theworld. In the 1980s, the company started to revitalize its brands and trademarks. This was accompanied byretail expansion, opening stores in New York and other major cities.All major stars and celebrities have worn Burberry trench coats. Audrey Hepburn wore one in "Breakfast inTiffanys". Burberry was first awarded the Royal Warrant from Her Majesty The queen in 1955. A further RoyalWarrant was awarded in 1989 by His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales.He died in 1926 at the age of 91.
14. The world of fashion had been surprised by the fact that Donna Karan (DKNY) sells more than $150 million per year. Donna Karan whose born on October 9, 1948 in Forest Hills, New York. She grew up in Hewlett, Long Island with her step- father who was a tailor and her mother who was a model. In 1962, she stopped from school and selling clothes at a neighbourhood boutique. In 1966, she went to prestigious Parsons School if Design. After she graduated, she met ● ● ● Mark Karan and marry him in the early 1970sWho wears it ? and had a daughter A Date with named Gabrielle. At the same year, sheBarbra Streisand, got a job with Anne Donna Karan, Klein throughMurphy Brown, her mother and the Founder of promoted asCandace Bergen, designer in 1971. But then, she wasMichael Bolton, Larry fired by Anne Klein Donna Karan because of herHagman, RichardGere, Warren Beatty, arrogance saying that good, that Anne Klein New York "I was so felt insecureFirst Lady HillaryRodham Clinton, and could not stand (DKNY) me in thePresident Bill Clinton design room." After that, . Karan worked with Cappalli ● ● ● for 18 months. Months later, she went back to Anne Klein. Donna Karan became the head designer in the house after Anne Klein died. Donna Karan and her Parsons classmate Dell Olio made Anne Klein into one of the biggest and most profitable designer sportswear companies in the USA. In 1984, Donna Karan left Anne Klein and gathered with her husband, Mark Karan. Donna Karan started her own business “to design modern clothes for modern people". She showed her first Donna Karan women‟s collection in 1985. The company experienced tremendous success with its „power dressing‟ outfits and was loved by the critics in the 1980s. In 1988 Karan extended her women‟s Signature Collection by a less expensive line, called DKNY, for younger women and followed by menswear launching in 1992. Sales rose up to 510.1 million in 1995 from $96.6 in 1991. More than half of the sales are attributed to the DKNY lines, couture contributes 15% and about 30% of the sales are generated by men‟s clothing, accessories, cosmetics and other products.
15. ReferencesChristian Dior. (n.d.). In Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Retrieved October 21, 2012, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_DiorChristian Dior - Fashion Designer - Profile with biography, brands, photos and more on FMD. (n.d.). The Fashion Model Directory (FMD) - FashionModelDirectory.com. Retrieved October 19, 2012, from http://www.fashionmodeldirectory.com/designers/christian-dior/Donatella Versace - Fashion Designer - Profile with biography, brands, photos and more on FMD. (n.d.). The Fashion Model Directory (FMD) - FashionModelDirectory.com. Retrieved October 19, 2012, from http://www.fashionmodeldirectory.com/designers/donatella-versace/Giorgio Armani - Fashion Designer - Profile with biography, brands, photos and more on FMD. (n.d.). The Fashion Model Directory (FMD) - FashionModelDirectory.com. Retrieved October 20, 2012, from http://www.fashionmodeldirectory.com/designers/giorgio-armani/Louis Vuitton - Fashion Designer - Profile with biography, brands, photos and more on FMD. (n.d.). The Fashion Model Directory (FMD) - FashionModelDirectory.com. Retrieved October 18, 2012, from http://www.fashionmodeldirectory.com/designers/louis-vuitton/Marc Jacobs - Fashion Designer - Profile with biography, brands, photos and more on FMD. (n.d.). The Fashion Model Directory (FMD) - FashionModelDirectory.com. Retrieved October 17, 2012, from http://www.fashionmodeldirectory.com/designers/marc-jacobs/Marc Jacobs. (n.d.). In Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Retrieved October 21, 2012, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Jacobs
16. Miuccia Prada - Fashion Designer - Profile with biography, brands, photos and more on FMD. (n.d.). The Fashion Model Directory (FMD) - FashionModelDirectory.com. Retrieved October 18, 2012, from http://www.fashionmodeldirectory.com/designers/miuccia-prada/Thomas Burberry - Fashion Designer - Profile with biography, brands, photos and more on FMD. (n.d.). The Fashion Model Directory (FMD) - FashionModelDirectory.com. Retrieved October 20, 2012, from http://www.fashionmodeldirectory.com/designers/thomas-burberry/Donna Karan - Fashion Designer - Profile with biography, brands, photos and more on FMD. (n.d.). The Fashion Model Directory (FMD) - FashionModelDirectory.com. Retrieved October 20, 2012, from http://www.fashionmodeldirectory.com/designers/donna-karan/