Apple pie is a savory delight for many of us and it is truly a lip smacking dessert. However, have your ever tried your hands in preparing this
delicious dish? Most of us avoid making pies in fear of spoiling the whole preparation in the process. Now, to boost your confidence, here we
are 10 awesome tips that will help you to make perfect apple pie every time.
1. It is all about the fruit - Apples play a pivotal role in making of pie. Now, if you reside in a region, where there are plenty of apples orchards
get hold of sweet and tart apple and make them into pie. Otherwise, go for Granny Smith apples, which make excellent pie. The tartness when
blends with the sweet taste of the sugar mixture create an awesome taste. Another winning combination that works superb is McIntosh and
Cortland apples. Only make sure that the fruit is fresh.
2. Avoid burning of the crust - While baking the pie, edges of the crust, burn very fast. So, carefully envelop the fringes of the pie with tin foil.
You can also get hold of an edge guard at your local kitchen supply store. Place the edge guard over the pie edges to prevent them from
3. Taste the apple - After adding cinnamon/sugar mixture to your pie, do not forget to taste your apples. If required, sprinkle more brown sugar
or cinnamon to the pie.
4. Added weight is always appreciable - Avoid baking the shell before adding the filling, as it may cause the pie shell to inflate. To avoid this
problem, place dry beans at the pie shell bottom, before placing it in the oven. You can also buy weighted beads and place them below the
shell. This will check the pastry from inflating.
5. Heap of apples is always adorable - Adding more apples to your pie is always good. Make a tall pile of fruit in the pie shell and you will find,
that with the baking of the pie, the mountain of apples deflate. This will prepare a pie with sufficient apple; otherwise you will be left with a
caved in dessert and a small amount of fruit per slice.