Class room policy for Comskills 1
By Dr. Arlene Opina
Everybody in class is enjoined to follow the rules in class as follows:
1. English speaking - every student should speak in English when talking with/among peers or teacher.
Penalty for violators is submission of research paper (10 pages) on the following meeting. Non
submission on the required date doubles the number of pages.
2. Cleanliness and orderliness – students who don’t pick up litters near their seats shall also be
chastened with a research paper (related to your course) to be submitted the following meeting.
3. English Book - Always take the prescribed English textbook with you during class hours. There are
worksheets to answer in the book. 2 points shall be deducted from the total points, if you answer on a
paper and 1 point deduction if answered from photocopied sheets.
4. Picture 1X1- Submit latest photo (at least 6 months) to the marshal assigned. This will be pasted in
the seat plan.
5. Attendance - Class starts on time (up to 15 mins.). Late comers (after 15 mins.) will sing or dance
(entertainers) as our icebreakers. 2 times tardiness means 1 absence. When absent, submit readmission
card the following meeting to the subject teacher.
6. Readmission Card - to get a readmission card (RC), submit excuse letter together with ID of the
signatory to the Student Affairs Office (SAO). The RC should be signed by the adviser first before giving it
to the subject teacher for approval and signature.
7. Special assignment - If you are assigned a task, don't be absent or you will forfeit the special grade
bestowed to you.
8. Recitation – Every recitation is merited with one point. All points shall be added with a
corresponding grade every grading period.
9. Quiz Paper - no cadgers (people who obtain something by imposing on another's generosity or friendship;
borrow without intent to repay; or beggars) in class. Pls. bring your own paper when taking the quiz. No
paper no quiz.
10. Escolarino/a behavior – Don’t laugh so loudly inside CEU campus (only); respect school authorities;
don't vandal; greet all teachers, not just yours; give way to teachers in elevators; greet teachers when
entering the faculty room (Don’t ask the whereabouts of teachers; they don’t know the schedules of
other teachers); be polite to everyone. Apply the highest virtue in posting messages and uploading
pictures in social networking sites especially face book. Your nasty posts may degrade your school’s or
your own reputation.
Student assistants/marshals (will receive additional 10 points in the Class Participation (CP))
1. Seat Plan and Attendance - to accomplish the seat plan with picture of students, to submit the
names of latecomers and absentees within 30 minutes upon start of class.
2. Book review - to assign classmates to lead the book review portion (10 mins.) after the vocabulary
3. English speaking - to write the names of classmates who speak in any vernacular in class. Submit
names to me.
4. Noise – to write done the names of class distracters. Offenders will sing or dance the following
5. Aircon, electric fans, & lights - to check the facilities and report to Administrator in charge is there
are damages. Likewise, put off mentioned appliances when the class ends. Should be the last to
leave the room.
6. Eraser head - to erase the writings on the board at the start and at the end of the lesson.
7. Cleanliness & orderliness - to submit names of classmates whose area is not clean. Should be the
last to leave the room.
8. MIAD Gofers – to borrow and return MIAD equipment before and after class. They are also in
charge of getting the key of the room from the guard.
9. Online Overseer – to check and count students’ posts online, submit their names and collect the
printed online activities to teacher.
10. Time Keeper – to act as EMCEE and to keep the time in every activity of the class.
“Cleanliness and order are not matters of instinct; they are matters of education,
and like most great things, you must cultivate a taste for them.”
British politician (1804 - 1881)