• Like Websockets but p2p
•High Measure rate/throughput
•Optional Unreliable Semantics
• Remote Desktop Applications
• Real time text
• File Sharing
• Truly Decentralized Networks
DC - key features
• Leverages on PeerConnection session setup
• Multiple simultaneous channels (opt prioritization)
• Reliable and Unreliable modes
• DTLS and congestion control
• With or without audio/video
• Similar to WebSockets API
• Integration with the Audio Data API for manipulation
• A usable version of Data Channels will be out with the
next version of FF
• Fix everything so that they are turned on by default
• New, innovative and cool demos and apps!
• Almost all desktop browsers
• Mobile browser support soon
• Native C++ versions – WebKitGtk+
What all this means!
• Rich image and video apps on mobile browsers
• Citizen journalists could stream breaking news directly
from their phones to news outlets
• Web sites could add live support and feedback through one
line of code
• Effortless file distribution (e.g. Napster) without software.
• This is just a preview. The will be more, much more . .
• Sharing live audio, video, and data will be as simple as
viewing a web page
• A plethora of audio and video applications by startups
• A new wave of innovation
• change the way we live, work, and play
• new challenges for government censorship :P
• So get EXCITED
“ Potentially, WebRTC and HTML5 could enable
the same transformation for real-time
communications that the original browser did
- Phil Edholm
• Want to be part of the revolution ?!
• We need YOU !
• Who can contribute: