1. <ul><ul><li>The information contained in this documentation is provided for informational purposes only. While efforts were made to verify the completeness and accuracy of the information contained in this documentation, it is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, express or implied. In addition, this information is based on IBM’s current product plans and strategy, which are subject to change by IBM without notice. IBM shall not be responsible for any damages arising out of the use of, or otherwise related to, this documentation or any other documentation. Nothing contained in this documentation is intended to, nor shall have the effect of, creating any warranties or representations from IBM (or its suppliers or licensors), or altering the terms and conditions of the applicable license agreement governing the use of IBM software. </li></ul></ul>DISCLAIMER
2. Social Software & HR Arjan Radder Sales Leader, Social Software, EMEA South West
3. Introduction Social Networking is changing hierarchies Social Networking in Business and HR Short Introduction to Lotus Connections Social Networking @ work in HR, Customer examples AGENDA
4. I am
5. Technology has changed our lives…with access to these 4 tools I can answer ANY question in less then 30 minutes Dogear
6. Introduction Social Software is changing hierarchies Social Software in Business and HR Short Introduction to Lotus Connections Social Software @ work in HR, Customer examples AGENDA
7. Who are these great leaders? His empire was quickly overthrown... His lasted a lot longer...what´s the difference?
8. Web 2.0 has changed the world from formal hierarchies and teams ...
9. Into more ´informal, networked communities´ between employees, customers and partners
10. Introduction Social Software is changing hierarchies Social Software in Business and HR Short Introduction to Lotus Connections Social Software @ work in HR, Customer examples AGENDA
11. Thanks to: Web 2.0 and the Corporation, Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth:
12. Businesses are no different...
13. But business are facing a rapidly changing business environment <ul><li>Work environments are more complex </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Matrixed organizations </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Organizational changes </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Mergers / Acquisitions </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Global companies </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Telecommuting / Remote workers </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Work is increasingly collaborative </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Increased Specialization </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Ad hoc projects </li></ul></ul><ul><li>More interactions with unknown people </li></ul>
14. And ´demographic´pressure is increasing By 2016, the number of individuals aged 60-64 in Australia is expected to almost double Source: Beazley, et. al, Continuity Management, Mackay, Alan. “Mature Age Workers: Sustaining Out Future Labor Force.” An Ageless Workforce - Opportunities for Business' Symposium Conference Paper. August 27, 2003. www.ageing.health.gov.au/ofoa/wllplan/aawpapers.htm , Time to act quickly on aging.” The Japan Times Online. August 23, 2002 www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/getarticle.pl5?ed20020823a1.htm , A. Paulli, “Pension systems and gradual retirement in Italy”, September 2000, p.17 , 19% of the entire American workforce holding executive , administrative and managerial positions will retire in the next five years In the year 2000, there were more people receiving pensions in Italy than people working (22 versus 21 million) Within the next seven years, 33 million people in Japan (26% of the population) will be over 65 years old
15. The Water Cooler Is Now On The Web “ KPMG set up an alumni network, signing up around 10,000 former and current employees. On the right-hand side, each member has a profile box, just like on Facebook, which they update with photos, information about their job or home life, and a list of contacts. Each member builds a contact list by searching on the service for people who are already signed up or eligible to join. KPMG credits the network with helping it hire 137 former employees, or around 14% of the company's total hires , since the service started, up from 72 people in the three months prior” September 2007 Social Networks can help drive down cost of recruitment and help find better personel faster
16. Want to attract tomorrow's top talent? Offer a workplace they are familiar with
17. But don’t use public website for your companies business…! <ul><li>Think about this… </li></ul><ul><li>Authentication of end users </li></ul><ul><li>Branding/corporate identity </li></ul><ul><li>Regulatory Compliance </li></ul><ul><li>Advertising </li></ul><ul><li>Security </li></ul>
18. Introduction Social Software is changing hierarchies Social Software in Business and HR Short Introduction to Lotus Connections Social Software @ work in HR, Customer examples AGENDA
19. Lotus Connections is social software for BUSINESS that empowers you to be more innovative and helps you execute more quickly by using dynamic networks of coworkers, partners and customers.
20. Lotus Connections has 5 services Communities Create, find, join, and work with communities of people who share a common interest, responsibility, or area of expertise Blogs Use a weblog to present your idea and get feedback from others; learn from the expertise and experience of others who blog Dogear Save, organize and share bookmarks; discover bookmarks that have been qualified by others with similar interests & expertise Activities Organize your work, plan next steps, and easily tap your expanding professional network to help execute your everyday deliverables, faster Profiles Quickly find the people you need by searching across your organization using keywords that help identify expertise, current projects and responsibilities
21. Lotus Connections Home page Aggregates relevant social data throughout Connections Eases management of your incoming requests and tasks Improves your ability to track and discover critical information and people Cross-Connections Search Provides faster access to your rapidly expanding network Composed of widgets that can be used in other web applications, including custom pages or mashups Product futures are directional in nature and does not imply any product plan commitment on the part of IBM. Plans are subject to change at any time without notice.
22. Expand and Maintain Your Network Aggregate social data in one place for others to easily discover your work Identify, develop and maintain a professional network with colleagues Expanded customized profile data fields and views for your organization Tag your colleagues and easily find them, search on them, and keep in touch with them Product futures are directional in nature and does not imply any product plan commitment on the part of IBM. Plans are subject to change at any time without notice.
23. Build Vibrant Communities Aggregates information from across Lotus Connections and external resources Discuss with subject matter experts, ask questions and share your knowledge Allows you to address the community in external applications, like email Access to external community collaboration tools like wikis, teamrooms, chat Product futures are directional in nature and does not imply any product plan commitment on the part of IBM. Plans are subject to change at any time without notice.
24. Learn from the Expertise and Experience of Others Exchange viewpoint and share perspectives to increase innovation Easily create Blogs to share knowledge with a wide audience Keywords can be used to search within a Blog or across multiple blogs
25. Discover Information that has been Qualified by People like you Filter bookmarks by "tagging" them with as many keywords as you want Subscribe to your coworkers' bookmarked web pages Centrally store your bookmarks and share them with others
26. Activity Centric Task Management Store all information, email, files, bookmarks related to a task Organize your activities in personalized views Improves your ability to track critical information and people Leverage best practices through activity templates Product futures are directional in nature and does not imply any product plan commitment on the part of IBM. Plans are subject to change at any time without notice.
27. Atlas, Social Networking Analysis Atlas is deliverd as software including a services asset Lotus Connections is a prerequisit for Atlas
28. Using Lotus Connections from your daily tools, integration everywhere due to open standards Microsoft® Office, Sharepoint, Outlook IBM Lotus Notes® IBM Lotus Sametime® IBM WebSphere® Portal Web Browser Extensibility Windows Explorer RIM BlackBerry® RESTful API Lotus Connections Services
29. Introduction Social Software is changing hierarchies Social Software in Business and HR Short Introduction to Lotus Connections Social Software @ work in HR, Customer examples AGENDA
30. Use Employees, Partners and Customers to drive Innovative Product Development In order to grow the business faster, they needed a faster way to develop and evaluate new services concepts and business models. Challenge <ul><li>Increase the number of new services using communities of customers & partners </li></ul><ul><li>Accelerate the evaluation of new service concepts and therefore be faster to market </li></ul><ul><li>Grow market share and revenue through differentiated services and business models </li></ul>Business Value Deployed a Innovation Factory portal application that utilized the social software services of Lotus Connections to include communities of employees, customers and partners in the development and evaluation of new Telcom services. Solution Global Telecommunications Firm Sprint
31. Improve Employee Productivity Want to improve employee productivity by delivering the best user experience, increase operational excellence, and foster innovation between teams Challenge <ul><li>Increase communication and coordination of projects between teams </li></ul><ul><li>Reduce time required to find the correct people with the right expertise </li></ul><ul><li>Improve collective intelligence of organization by sharing experiences </li></ul>Business Value Deployed enterprise wide implementation of the 5 social software services of Lotus Connections. Focused on enabling users to become more productive by working smarter and finding information – one key area was transfer of knowledge between engineering and call center staff. Solution Global Network and Communications Provider Cisco
32. Help find expertise and improve efficien cy of key revenue generating employees No easy way to find, learn from and work with experts across the company Re-inventing the wheel again and again Challenge <ul><li>Improving the efficiency of key revenue generating employees </li></ul><ul><li>Increase customer satisfaction with faster service </li></ul><ul><li>Raising the reach and impact of their subject-matter experts </li></ul>Business Value Corporate white pages directory that allows employees to quickly find expertise in different markets, technology and financial services. Blogs, bookmarks and communities services are used so employees can share knowledge and get feedback from experts. Also, employees are using Activities to execute key deliverables faster Solution Global Financial Services Firm Deutsche Bank
33. Create a 2.0 work environment for 2 2.000 students, professors and employees Challenge Business Value Saxion will implement social networking to support students in finding experts via profiles and social bookmarking. We will form communities around knowledge subjects and allow students a podium for their thoughts, idea’s and discussions using blogs. Activities are being used to coordinate working in groups. Solution Saxion University Saxion wants to create an environment where students can learn based on their own preferences and in context to their location, time and objectives. Saxion realizes that informal and social ways of learning are a valuable add on to traditional forms of classical education allowing knowledge to flow more freely. Benefits: Increase people productivity, decrease time needed to locate people and expertise. Faster discovery of knowledge and skills to assemble project teams, deliver an attractive and efficient working environment to attrackt top talent
34. Better connect people to people, teams and ex pertise Challenge Business Value Lotus Profiles will serve as the companies new 2.0 Employee ´White Pages´ directory served within an employee Portal Solution Public Transport To better connect people to other people and expertise. This organization has 20.000 pople in many different organizations and locations. Their personnel had difficulties finding information about other people but also finding the right skills for projects when projects teams need to be assembled Increase people productivity, decrease time needed to locate people and expertise. Faster discovery of knowledge and skills to assemble project teams, deliver an attractive and efficient working environment to attrackt top talent
35. Better access to knowledge, connecting visitors to knowledge using communities, blogs and social bookmarking Challenge Business Value Kennisportal will use the Connections platform in order to; let visitors and experts profile themselves allowing people to better connect to people and expertise. Be able to form knowledge communities about popular topics. Allow experts to share information via blogs and let visitors benefit from earlier search results via social bookmarks Solution To replace the current website which was static and create a ´2.0´ website where knowledge cannot only be retrieved but also collaborated on. To become more attractive for visitors and participants Increase attractiveness of Kennisportal´s proposition to participants Increase number of visitors Increase ´stickyness´of the site and visitor satisfaction.
36. Come and try it out, or contact us <ul><li>https://Greenhouse.Lotus.com </li></ul>More Info: www.lotus.com /connections