2. Creative BriefKey Fact:Blue Bunny gives consumers a wideselection of ice-cream products in a variety ofﬂavors that provides quality dessert at a lowprice.Problem:Compared to its competitors, Blue Bunnyhas low brand awareness.Objectives:To raise awareness and brand loyalty by 15%in the Southeast Region of the United Statesby December 2012.Target Market:Blue Bunny’s target market includes mothersbetween the ages 25 and 50 who typicallywant to provide fun, easy, and affordablesnacks for their busy families. These thriftymothers also follow home and family blogs.Insights:Stay at home mother:I am a thirty-two year old mother of two young children. My lifenever seems to slow down. I am constantly running mychildren around to school, soccer games and dance classes.With my husband working all of the time, we barely haveroom for family time. On top of all this, there are always plentyof my children’s friends running around my house begging fortasty treats. With my Home Owner Association and PTAmeetings, as well as the local women’s tennis club, I do nothave the time to come up with creative snack ideas that willappease everyone in my life, along with our strict familybudget. I need something easy and affordable that will bringmy family together every night and have the neighborhoodkids coming back for more.Single working mom:I am a 41 year old mother with two kids. As a single, workingmother, I’m always busy juggling work and family. Although I’mnot the typical tennis mom, I am still faced with the challengeof making sure the kid’s homework is done, doing laundry,and feeding my family all after I get home from work. Makingdinner is always a struggle because it seems like my kids arenever satisﬁed. They always want dessert in addition todinner, but with my tight budget there is barely room for threemeals a day. They crave something new outside of our everyday bland meals. I would love to have the extra hours andmoney to prepare elaborate meals and dessert for my kids,but my schedule does not allow for it. Their tastes and wantsare always changing, and I wish there was an easy,affordable, and tasty solution.Promise:Blue Bunny offers a variety of ice-creamproducts with rich and creamy taste at anaffordable price, allowing families and friendsto reconnect at home with fun and uniqueﬂavors.Support:-Blue Bunny provides more perserving than its competitors.-Blue Bunny offers a variety ofunique ice-cream ﬂavors,including chef inspire ﬂavors.-Blue Bunny offers an array ofproducts, including severalnovelty ice-creams.-Blue Bunny’s unique plasticpackaging offers a snap on lidthat locks in freshness.Mandatories:-Website-Brand Name-Logo
3. ConceptSloganFeel the Bunny Frenzy.After completing our research and understanding what the Blue Bunny brand is all about wedecided the concept for the new campaign would be based on joining in the love of the BlueBunny brand. Blue Bunny offers a variety of ﬂavors and products that consumers enjoy. Theslogan “Feel the Bunny Frenzy” incorporates and completes the idea of craving and feeling theBlue Bunny frenzy.
4. Print AdvertisementThis colorful print ad expresses howBlue Bunny ice cream satisﬁes kids. The boy represents the emotionschildren will feel when they eat theproduct. He has a big smile on hisface and is about to enjoy a bluebunny treat. The background isblurred, indicating a frenzy all aroundhim. Although the ad is simple it isattention grabbing. The boy’soverzealous expression draws viewersin. The print ad for Blue Bunny depictsthe same little boy from thecommercial, giving Blue Bunny arecognizable character.
5. Out-of-Home AdvertisementThe Out-of-Home advertisementwill consist of Blue Bunny Ice-Cream Trucks placed in the top 50markets. These special ice-creamtrucks will be painted in chromeand will include blue bunny tails andears attracting all eyes and creatingattention for the brand. The truckswill carry several of the top BlueBunny products for consumers totry. The ice-cream trucks will stop invarious locations including the frontof grocery stores that supply theBlue Bunny brand. These truckscan also be followed with the useof the Blue Bunny MobileApplication.
6. TV CommercialSFX: NEIGHBORHOOD NOISES(BIRDS CHIRPING, CHILDRENPLAYING, CARS DRIVING BY).SFX: ICE CREAM TRUCK JINGLE.TRUCK WHIZZES BY.SFX: DREAM CHIMES.SFX: LOUD BANGING ANDSHOUTING. HEAVY BREATHINGAND THE CLANGING OF PEOPLEHITTING THE TRUCK.SFX: DREAM CHIMES.SFX: NEIGHBORHOOD NOISES(BIRDS CHIRPING, CHILDRENPLAYING, CARS DRIVING BY).1. MS A SMALL CHILD LOOKS BORED, WHILE GAZINGOUT OF HIS WINDOW. A FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD ISJUST OUTSIDE, WHERE OTHER KIDS ARE LAUGHING ANDPLAYING IN THE SUN. THE BOY PERKS UP WHEN HEHEARS AND SEES THE BLUE BUNNY ICE CREAM TRUCKCOMING DOWN THE STREET. BOY LOOKS UP, AS IF HE ISDREAMING AND THE SCREEN WILL START TO WAVER ANDBLUR. THE BOY HAS FALLEN INTO A DAYDREAM.2. LS THE ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD IS SEEN DROPPINGTHE ACTIVITIES THEY WERE PREVIOUSLY OCCUPIED BY,AND RUSH TO THE TRUCK IN A FRENZY. EACH PERSON ISWEARING A LARGE SET OF BUNNY EARS. UPON ARRIVALTO THE TRUCK, CHILDREN TAKE OVER. PEOPLE ARESEEN JUMPING ON THE TRUCK, AND EVERYONE GRABSTHEIR OWN INDIVIDUAL ICE CREAM TREAT.3. MS DREAM WORLD FADES. CUT TO THE BOY SITTINGIN HIS FIRST POSITION AT THE WINDOW. HE GRINS ANDSTANDS. BOY APPROACHES HIS MOTHER, WHO HASBEEN STANDING IN THE KITCHEN. “HEY MOM,” HEPOLITELY ASKS “CAN I PLEASE HAVE A DOLLAR?”. CUTTO MOM. SHE LOOKS DOWN, PLEASANTLY. “SURE YOUCAN, HUN,” SHE SAYS. SHE REACHES INTO HER POCKETAND GIVES HIM THE MONEY.4. LS THE BOY PLAYFULLY RUNS OUT OF THE DOOR ANDDOWN THE STREET. THE BOYS FACE IS SEEN THROUGHTHE POINT OF VIEW OF THE ICE CREAM TRUCK DRIVER.“THANK YOU!” HE SAYS, AS THE TRUCK DRIVER HANDSOVER A BLUE BUNNY ICE CREAM TREAT.5. CU THE BOY IS BEAMING, AND AS HE TAKES HIS FIRSTBITE OF ICE CREAM BAR, THE SAME BUNNY EARS FROMTHE DREAM GROWS ON TOP OF HIS HEAD. THE BOYSTANDS WITH THE BUNNY EARS ON HIS HEAD, ICECREAM BAR IN HAND, SMILES, AND GIVES THE CAMERA ATHUMBS UP.6.TILT CAMERA TO THE SKY, WHERE ONLY THE BUNNYEARS ARE SEEN IN THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN. THEBLUE BUNNY LOGO APPEARS, ALONG WITH THESLOGAN, “FEEL THE BUNNY FRENZY.
7. TV Commercial Storyboard
8. Promotional ItemsThe ﬁrst promotional item suggested is a self-warming ice-cream scoop that transfers heatfrom a person’s hand to the bowl of the scoop.This allows for easy ice-cream scooping. Inaddition, the scoops’ handles will turn BlueBunny blue from the heat of a hand (shownbelow). The promotional item will include BlueBunny’s logo on the handle as well.The second promotional item is Blue Bunny cellphone cases. The phone cases will be made forthe most popular cell phone models (iPhone,BlackBerry, Android). Blue Bunny’s logo will beplaced on the back of the cases and will includea blue bunny tail. This promotional itemexcellently portrays the Blue Bunny Frenzy takingover America.
9. New Media SolutionThe new media solution for our ‘Feel the BunnyFrenzy’ campaign includes a mobile application andtraveling Blue Bunny experience bus. There will onlybe one Blue Bunny bus that will travel from city to citythroughout the United States. The bus will be stockedwith every Blue Bunny product and will serve not onlyas a delicious complementary treat but a great way topersonally connect and experience the brand. Themobile application will include a locator for the travelingBlue Bunny experience bus as well as digital couponsfor in store purchases. The mobile application will alsoinclude ‘Track the Truck;’ which will locate the chromeBlue Bunny ice-cream trucks; which serves as ourout of home advertisement.
10. Cause Related Marketing EffortBlue Bunny will partner up with Feeding America,the nation’s leading hunger-relief charity. Feeding Americaassists in feeding America’s hungry through a nationwidenetwork of member food banks. Their programs includechild hunger programs, mobile pantries, disaster relief,and public assistance programs. These programs runon food and monetary donations.Feeding America is the ideal cause for Blue Bunnyto support. Blue Bunny is a part of the food industry and,through this campaign, will mainly market to families, whowill be most touched by this cause.This cause-related marketing effort will include BlueBunny allocating 10% of their proﬁt from the sales of theirPremium Ice Cream Products for donation to FeedingAmerica. Blue Bunny’s premium ice cream products willfeature orange lids marketing their promise to donate10% of its sales to Feeding America (shown to the left), forevery carton sold three children are provided with a meal.The reason for orange lids is due to the fact that orangeis the color of hunger. This cause will give Blue Bunny theadvantage over its competitors, while more importantly itallows Blue Bunny to give back to the community.
11. Guerilla Marketing TechniqueIn order to portray our campaign, ‘Feel the Bunny Frenzy‘ therewill be blue bunny tracks in stores that provide Blue Bunnyproducts. The blue bunny tracks will lead customers from thefront of every store to the freezers that hold Blue Bunnyproducts. This will cause curiosity and frenzy among grocerystore shoppers. In addition, there will be spotlights beamingblue light onto the Blue Bunny freezers to attract more attentionand help with brand awareness.
12. Rationale of CampaignBased on our research, we have laid out a campaign that will effectively increase Blue Bunny’s brandawareness as well as increase sales nationwide. We have discovered that Blue Bunny caters moretowards the family market. Therefore, we have created a campaign to target families via the householdgrocery shopper. We have determined that mothers are more often than not the ones who buygroceries. By targeting the mother, we hope to raise her awareness of Blue Bunny so that she will bemore inclined to buy Blue Bunny brand ice-cream for her family.In order to do so, we have created the “Feel the Bunny Frenzy” campaign." This campaign seeks tomake people feel a part of the Blue Bunny brand. Blue Bunny offers such a variety of unique ﬂavors thatit suits just about everyone. People have reported becoming automatically hooked to Blue Bunny ice-cream after their ﬁrst try. The only issue is getting the word out. Therefore, our campaign will put BlueBunny’s name out there with the use of television, print and out-of-home advertisements as well asmobile applications, promotional items, cause-related marketing and guerilla marketing efforts. In theend, we want mothers to realize that Blue Bunny is the answer to family gatherings. Blue Bunny ice-cream brings families together with its irresistible products that draw everyone into the Bunny Frenzy.