“True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.” ~Erich SegalThis statement could make me think that how to know if it is already love we were feeling at present and what is really love then? And right now, I’ll be discussing on what love is and its entailed details.
It is known to us that it’s hard to define love as to what it is. People can give different meanings of Love depending on their ages and experiences.
Love is manifested in one’s permanent choice of the particular person because of the character and distinguishing qualities and the former’s willingness to please, to sacrifice, and to give even oneself for the other. A true human love must possess the all four elements
Loving a person doesn’t directly considered as true love or whatsoever they call it. There are different kinds of love, with respect to biological society. First is …
True love cannot be defined but it can be described. With the following characteristics, a person is given an idea on how it is to be loving truly.
The secret of love is for each to resolve or renew daily the intention of loving the other party enough to make him or her happy rather than to be made happy himself, and to show this by action in many new ways the whole day through, everyday of his or her life
There is a higher degree of the sex drive in men than in women. It takes a longer time for a woman to be aroused than that of a man.
L o v e
LOVE•What is Love?•Elements of Love•Kinds of Love•Characteristics of TrueLove•Enduring and MatureLove
What is Love? - a positive feeling or response toward a person or an object - according to the Bible, it is a large component, of which sex is only one element. Other elements include: willingness to take responsibility, kindness, sacrifice, understanding,
From 1 Cor. 13:4-8“Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud, or rude. Love isnt selfish or quick tempered. It doesnt keep a record of wrongs that others do. Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil. Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting. Love never fails!
Elements of Love1. Physical Element – the powerful urge of a man toward a woman and vice-versa2. Emotional Element – a very strong attachment of one person to another manifested in one’s happiness in the presence of the other and
3. Intellectual Element – a belief that they are compatible with each other. It is shown in one’s respect and admiration for the ideals, principles, and other fine qualities of the mind of the other4. Volitional Element – a very great
Kinds of Love1. Puppy Love (crush or kitten love) - is an informal term for feelings of love between young people during childhood and adolescence2. Infatuation Love - is the state of being completely carried away by unreasoned passion or love;
3. Romantic Love – is a centering of attention on the other person as a focus of biological urges and means of relief from tension. This leads up to and over into marriage4. Conjugal Love – is the natural affection of husband and wife. The characteristics of it is
5. Parental Love – it is love between parents and child. It is manifested in the desire for children and in the self-sacrificing care, protection, and love for them6. Filial Love – it is more of the attraction of the child for his father and mother. It is characterized by the
Characteristics of True Love 1. True love is patient 2. True love is unselfish 3. True love shows respect 4. True love binds a man and a woman to enter into marriage 5. True love understands that marriage is a relationship that is sacred and indissoluble
6. True love knows the dignity of parenthood and the beauty of children and endeavors to beget and educate them7. True love continues to develop much more after marriage than during courtship8. True love is understanding
Enduring and Mature Love Enduring Love - One must take the whole person, body, and soul, not the body alone. - One cannot love truly if one has not learned to control oneself - It continues to grow and develop to the very end despite difficulties and hardships - Physical desire or
Mature Love- A prime importance in marital life- It accepts all the realities of life, joys, frustrations and defeats- It faces the ups and downs of married life- A love that lasts infinitely
Love and Sex Impulse Love – a positive feeling or response towards a person or an object Sex – refers to which makes a man a man, and a woman a woman Sex Instinct – the inner, biological urge that explains the universal desire to mate and accounts for the perpetuation of the
* Sex Instinct and Love Instinct should run parallel to each other. It fuses into a single impulse or hunger when maturity takes place.Sex-Love Impulse - a psychobiological force incorporating the idea of both the
Sex-Love Impulse – the most powerful of all emotions.• Every aspect of life is influenced by the degree of understanding the way a person uses or abuses the impulse• Abuse of Sex can result to love tragedy• Healthy Management of
Effects of not controlling Sex-Love Impulse:1. Early marriage2. Untimely production of child3. Acquiring STD or Sexually Transmitted Disease(s)