Scout, Old School, Silver, C-Lo, Top
Rock, Aqua Man
Used to amplify (make louder) sound
(vibration in the air)
What the item is (cont.)
Microphones come in many different shapes
and sizes because they are needed for different
purposes. These purposes include: big social
gatherings and radio broadcasting.
Using a microphone a
voice can be projected
through millions of
radios (talking box).
Use for Snowball Microphone
Humans are soft spoken people that
cannot naturally make their voice (sound
coming out of a human’s throat) very
First used in a telephone (device used to
communicate from a long distance).
Telephones exist because humans crave
faster social contact with one another.
Microphones exist to project a person’s
voice when a large group of people exist
• Sound is vibrations through the air that are transmitted
• A speaker is a device that can project those vibrations so you can hear it
• Sound can be loud or quiet and this is why the speaker is squishy and can be short or long. The shorter this speaker is the
quieter the sound. The longer the speaker is, the louder the sound.
• Not every speaker looks like this one. Speakers come in all shapes and sizes.
• This speaker is red because we like the color red. The speaker can come in any color (White, Black, Green, Purple, etc.)
• The reason we use this speaker is because we like to listen to the sound of things.
• The speaker is used to enhance our entertainment such as media which is entertainment for humans
• Entertainment includes news, music, movies, tv, and radio
• These are some examples of different kinds of speakers:
Dragon Quest Game
• A game is a type of interactive entertainment in
which we control the outcome
• Any of various games played using a microchip-
controlled device, such as a hand-held toy.
• A microchip is a tiny slice of material. Typically in
the shape of a square. It is really small. On this
little piece of material there are a bunch of wires
inside that make a game!
• It is plugged into a certain game system, and then
you can see it.
• The certain game system this is used for is called a
Nintendo DS as pictured below the microchips.
• There are different types of game systems.
• Miro chips do not work in all game systems.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.