1.• Anupam Sinha, entered Raj comics in the late 1980’s and gave birth to a new super-hero as he wanted the Indian counterpart of Batman.• One of his most formidable enemies- modeled on the Batmanesque “Riddler” Who? Part points
2. Who? • A young caveduck that Scrooge adopted in the second season of the show. • He stowed away in Gyros Time Machine • He is accompanied by his pet triceratops “Tootsie”
3.• Asterix and the Black Gold (original name: LOdyssée dAstérix) is the twenty- sixth volume of Asterix comic book series, originally published in 1981.The issue is remembered introducing a character X modelled on actor Y.
4.• ________is an American animated television series, created by marine biologist and animator Steven Hillenburg. Much of the series revolves on the exploits and adventures of the title character and his various friends in the underwater city of Bikini Bottom
• Gary the snail• Mr.Krabs• Sandy Cheeks• Squidward Tentacles• Patrick Star
5.• The name is derived from the Latin root for Love. A powerful Asgardian blessed with nuances of magic and hypnotism, she often assists Loki in his pursuits to defeat Thor. The man to the left is known as Skurge-the executioner, one of her minions
6.• Many a times X has defeated Y and forced him to shave off his moustache as a result. The comic “Y’s return” is one of the best selling comics of the publishing house. Once a petty robber, he became an immortal giant after drinking a magic potion made by Chakram Acharya. On his latest defeat he was sent to the planet of Zalubar.
8.• X is the largest land- dwelling species of the family Mustelidae (weasels). It is referred by many names such as glutton(Gulo Gulo), carcajou, skunk bear, or quickhatch. The state of Michigan is, by tradition, known as "The X State", and the University of Michigan takes the X as its mascot. Why in a comics quiz ?
9.• Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa-Laa, and Po, who live in a futuristic dome set in a landscape of rolling green hills. The environment is dotted with unusually talkative flowers and periscope-like "voice trumpets". Which BBC’s children series(1997-2001) am I talking about?
10.• Armageddon is one of X’s formidable foes. Armageddon has super human strength and endurance, the toughened skin gives him a high degree of protection from physical and energy attacks, can fire blasts of cosmic energy from his eyes. (Hint: Marvel universe)
11. • 4 painters during the Italian Renaissance • Their 1st names led to the naming of the protagonists of the strip/movie. • For full points name the 4
12 • The page is from Tintin and the Destination Moon. Here Thomson and Thomson are arresting his model skeleton. Named after the medical term for the floating knee cap, the character appears in Explorers in the Moon too. Who ? Enlarged image follows..
14.• ______ Juice is a concoction formulated using _______berries by the ______, with the recipe only known by Grammi. The juice is produced by adding six handfuls of red berries, then four orange berries, three purple berries, four blue berries, three green berries and one yellow berry. The recipe ends with the 3-step-stir: first stir slow to the right, then slow to the left, then tap the pot to banish the bubbles.
15. This is the Owner’s chamber/room. Identify the show and the owner. Mere descriptions won’t fetch you full points.
16. • This was a TARGET publication in the early 1980’s. What was created by TINKLE to stand against it ?
Archie AndrewsBetty CooperVeronica lodgeReggie MantleJughead Jones
18.• Van Partible stated in an interview for Cartoon Network that he derived the name from his full given name, "Efrem Giovanni _____ Partible. It has also been said that his birthday is on Valentines Day and he likes Kung-Fu chick shows. When voicing_______, Jeff Bennett made his voice sound like that of Elvis Presley. Which icon ?
19. • The character is from Dicken’s A Christmas Carol named Ebenezer_______. He is a cold-hearted, tight- fisted and greedy man, who despises Christmas and all things which give people happiness. His last name has come into the English language as a byword for miserliness and misanthr opy. Cartoon/comic ?
28. • Despite his Greek origins, he never once appeared on Hercules. He frequently refers to himself as the "greatest of the great Greek geniuses." He is indeed a genius inventor, but he is somewhat idiotic in other ways, especially an obsession with keeping things neat and tidy. Who?
29. • Lawrence Peter “X” Berra is a former American Major League Baseball catcher, outfielder, and manager. He played almost his entire 19-year baseball career (1946–1965) for the NYY. He picked up his famous nickname from his friend Bobby Hofman who said he resembled a “X” whenever he sat around with arms and legs crossed waiting to bat or while looking sad after a losing game. Later Hanna-Barbera somehow caught the nicko and made a character, much to the disgust of Lawrence. X ?
30.Connect both Movies(their titles) to give 2 Desi Superheroes, onewho is the other’s divine other self ! 2000 2001
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.