2.• An asteroid given the provisional designation 2001DA42, discovered by the Lincoln Near Earth Asteroid Research project, or LINEAR. Its a relatively unremarkable space rock, orbiting 224 million miles (358 million kilometers) from the sun in the main asteroid belt, between Mars and Jupiter. But its name held triple significance.How?
2001 was the year of his death and 42- the answer to everything
5.• This recipe is generally attributed to restaurateur _____Cardini, an Italian immigrant who operated restaurants in Mexico and the United States. Cardini was living in San Diego. His daughter Rosa (1928– 2003) recounted that her father invented the dish when a Fourth of July 1924 rush depleted the kitchens supplies. Raw egg and Worcestershire sauce are some of the secret ingredients. Which?
6.She first worked at a German bakery, a JiffyLube, and later a tax and retirement firm whilestudying to be a Pediatric nurse in OrangeCounty. Her first mainstream appearance wasin 2005, when she was a red carpet reporterfor the MTV Awards on MTV India. She hasalso had a cameo in the film The Girl NextDoor, performed in Ja Rules video "Livin’ ItUp" and a video for Kidd Skills. Who?
7.• Dodgsons method is a voting in which each voter submits an ordered list of all candidates according to their own preference (from best to worst). The winner is defined to be the candidate for whom we need to perform the minimum number of pair wise swaps (added over all candidates). Dodgson proposed this voting scheme in his 1876 work "A method of taking votes on more than two issues“. His most famous work?
8.• X, an automobile enthusiast and avid collector apparently owns the largest Porsche collection He rented a hangar at the Santa Monica Airport for an extended period of time during the 1990s for. It is reported that X’s collection includes Porsche 911s from various years, 10 Porsche Boxsters each painted a different color, and the famous 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder. The Discovery Channel television show "Chasing Classic Cars" claims that X owns the first and last original Porsche 911s produced. Who?
9.• This Kiwi, who made his debut in 2009; was involved in a forklift accident at the age of 13 resulting in the loss of 3 toes. This has since earned him the nickname "Two Toes" within the Black Caps team. When he was in the hospital, his father asked Jeff Crowe if a New Zealand player could visit him. Stephen Fleming, the then New Zealand captain, visited him at the hospital the next day. On his ODI debut, this bloke surpassed Flemings record for the highest individual score by a New Zealand debutant (122 not out).• Who be he?
10.• The first mass produced ones used the whittled thighbone of a cow and the hair in its tail. A further improvised version used the same bones but the hair from Siberian boars. This practice caught on in USA only after soldiers came back from the world war. The first synthetic version was produced by Du Pont. What am I talking about?
12.• This cow was presented to him, on being the first sportsperson of the country from the field to win an international event. He affly called it ‘Juliette’. The gift was given Lieu of one of the country’s specialties. Who?
14. ______is a label given to the various rebel groups opposing Nicaraguas FSLN (Sandinista National Liberation Front) government following the July 1979 overthrow of Anastasio Somoza Debayles dictatorship. Among the separate ______ groups, the Nicaraguan Democratic Force (FDN) emerged as by far the largest. In 1987, virtually all _____ organizations were united, at least nominally, into the Nicaraguan Resistance.
15.• The Tió de_____ meaning "Christmas Log“ is a character in Catalan mythology relating to a Christmas tradition widespread in Catalonia. Beginning with the Feast of the Immaculate Conception one gives the tió a little bit to "eat" every night and usually covers him with a little blanket so that he will not be cold at night. On Christmas one puts the tió partly into the fireplace and orders it to "shit“.To make him "shit", one beats him with sticks, while singing various songs. _____ is also the surname of a famous sportsperson of those parts. Who?
20.• The Imagine Peace Tower is a memorial to X from his widow and is located on Viðey Island near Reykjavík. It consists of a tall "tower of light", projected from a white stone monument that has the words "Imagine Peace" carved into it in 24 languages. Buried underneath the light tower are upward of 500,000 written wishes that his widow gathered over the years in another project, called "Wish Trees“ and she plans to have the tower lit every year from 9 October. The Tower consists of 15 searchlights with prisms that act as mirrors, reflecting the column of light vertically into the sky from a 10-metre wide wishing well.
21. How are the encircled places etymologically related ? No answers like…same founder, same spelling etc Enlarged pic follows
24. Possible reasons for placing a figure representing a person in the act of ________ are:• Tradition.• Perceived humour.• A fun spectacle, especially for children.• The Caganer, by creating____, is fertilizing the Earth.• The Caganer represents the equality of all people: regardless of status, race, or gender, everyone defecates.• The Caganer reinforces the belief that the infant Jesus is God in human form, with all that being human implies.• A humorous allusion to the Spanish proverb (in translation), “____ is no saint, but where it falls it works miracles” What is being talked about ?
26. Les Horribles Cernettes (The Horrible CERN Girls) which is an all-female parody pop group at CERN. The group is self-labeled “the one and only High Energy Rock Band” and was founded by employees of CERN to perform at the CERN events. Interestingly, the initials of this pop group’s name, LHC, is the same as that of the Large Hadron Collider which was later built at CERN. The claim to fame ?
• 1st pic to be uploaded to Internet(by Tim Berners Lee)
27. • X Y at her Music is a painting by the Dutch artist Johannes Vermeer. It was painted in the baroque style between the years 1660 and 1661, using oil on canvas. The painting was the inspiration for the title of Susanna Kaysens memoir about her stay at McLean Hospital for psychiatric treatment, X Y, immortalized by Winona Ryder on screen. Decode.
28.“Save as _____, Save a Tree” is the tagline forthis new file type.Technically _____ is same as PDF format withthe print option is completely blocked. Theaim behind developing new file format is tostop documents being printed outunnecessarily.Identify the three letter extension.
29. Id the water body. This accounts for the world’s 90% _____. The Beluga _____ is by far the most expensive, prices ranging for $7,000 to $10,000 per kg.
30. Which dish’s recently obtained GI tag description? Only goat meat The ratio of meat to wheat must be 10:4 The ghee used must be certified by a lab as 100% pure The ‘H’ must be cooked for 12 hours in a copper vessel over firewood