Hybrid Nano-composite coatings are a high toughness, durable Nano-composite coating that is molecularly bonded to the surface of steel. The coating combines the properties and reliability of extremely tough, durable, and corrosion resistant engineering thermoplastics, with the abrasion resistance and durability of glass-ceramics. Using proprietary chemistries, this hybrid Nano-composite is applied and molecularly bonded to the surface of steel, forming a permanent, durable, abrasion and corrosion resistant coating.
• True molecular, covalent bonding to the steel surface using advanced coating chemistries and steel surface treatments to produce a true molecular bond that will not fail in service. No undercutting or attach through defects are possible, since the coating is permanently adhered to the surface.
• Extreme toughness and flexibility. By hybridizing the ceramic-like high durability, molecular bonded phase with engineering thermoplastic materials at the Nano-scale, a material with higher ductility than steel, but hardness similar to glass and ceramic materials is created. The unique fusion of high hardness, and durability/resiliency creates an extremely abrasion resistant, yet amazingly resilient surface.
• High hardness and abrasion resistance. Because of the ceramic network of the hybrid Nano-composite coatings, the coatings are nearly as hard as glass, and are largely ceramic. This hardness is combined with the toughness derived from the engineering thermoplastic interpenetrating network and this combination of hardness and toughness is what makes hybrid Nano-composites more abrasion resistant than any other low cost coating solution.
• High temperature stability. Hybrid Nano-composite coatings have been tested in air environments up to temperature extremes of 800F and higher. Long term durability at 400F has been demonstrated in hydroclave testing with our high toughness pipe ID Nano-composite coatings.
• Cost-effective. Because the hybrid Nano-composites are applied and heat-cured similar to fusion bond epoxy coatings, costs are lower than for any similar performing coating system.
• Hydrophobic and omniphobic properties. Base materials are hydrophobic, shedding water and providing very low frictional flow resistance, which can increase flow. Advanced versions in development using high surface energy additives can be made omniphobic, shedding both oil and water fluids.
• Low surface energy and flow resistance: Hybrid Nano-composite coatings fill and smooth surface defects, providing a Nano-smooth surface like glass. This, combined with their extremely low surface energy create a very low flow resistance, reducing pumping losses in long drill strings and production tubing.
Call us for a complimentary consultation at: 405.509.9291 or Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org